Serena Williams on the Steubenville Rape case: "I'm not blaming the girl, but..."

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
About the rape crew name:

Enter the Trial in Steubenville, Where the Cast Is Not Merely Football Players - Alexander Abad-Santos and Matt Sullivan - The Atlantic Wire

And the fact of the matter is that everyone assumed she was lying about the rape completely, until video evidence surfaced which proved her story that she was incapacitated. Then the focus shifted to "well, why was she drunk then?"....Incredibly sad.

anonymous hacked the email where the crew was exposed as calling themselves the rape crew. this information wasn't supposed to be made public, but anon did us all a favor.

Anonymous Outs Members of Alleged Steubenville High School 'Rape Crew'

AnonPaste

Evidence Shows 2 Other Girls Might Have Been Victims Of Alleged Rapists! (PHOTOS) | Global Grind

fortunately these guys were dumb or felt invincible enough to take pics and vids of the incident. otherwise this would have never gone to trial. this is part of the main reason parents, teachers, and people in leadership positions should teach girls and boys to be more aware of what's going on around them and to be safe. it's never the victim's fault. we can better equip them to avoid these scenarios.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Naw, people have been going in on her personally. Even you yourself. When I told you she testified that she felt like she could trust the dude she was there with, you were quick to insinuate she was lying and doing it to save face. There have been plenty of disturbing comments like that. "She knew they were called the rape crew". "Im sure shes not sorry about getting blacked out", etc, etc. All of this is supposed to be this *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* insinuation that she all but wanted this to happen. Thats why you cats, and Serena, are going in on her. Its not because of some bs. "caring about other girls" sht. A lot of you cats feel like she got what she deserved, and that boys shouldnt be expected to pass up a drunk and incapacitated female. Its just all sick.
No, that's what your assuming.

You see I never disagreed with your point. It's you that is disagreeing with mines. I never said anything against yoir point of the guys getting the blame. I just said that her actions should get some blame as well.

You on the other hand are saying that her actions deserves no blame and the males should get all of the blame. Which worries me in that it makes me think that you don't think a 16 year old getting blacked out drunk is a problem.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps

No, that's what your assuming.

You see I never disagreed with your point. It's you that is disagreeing with mines. I never said anything against yoir point of the guys getting the blame. I just said that her actions should get some blame as well.

You on the other hand are saying that her actions deserves no blame and the males should get all of the blame. Which worries me in that it makes me think that you don't think a 16 year old getting blacked out drunk is a problem.

Naw, man. You guys are trying to be slick....

"welp, I dont condone what they did but if she hadn't of been drunk she wouldnt have been raped, so...." :yeshrug:

"She's gotta take personal responsibility..." :yeshrug:

"She could have left at any time, and she did know they're the rape crew..." :yeshrug:

No, if they hadnt raped her, that she wouldnt have been raped. Period.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Naw, man. You guys are trying to be slick...."welp, I dont condone what they did but if she hadn't of been drunk she wouldnt have been raped, so...."... "She's gotta take personal responsibility..." "She could have left at any time, and she did know they're the rape crew..." :yeshrug:

No, if they hadnt raped her, that she wouldnt have been raped. Period.
She would still be drunk as fukk and on her own.

If they hadn't of raped her and she with her drunk and lonely self drove a car and crashed I would of said the same shyt.

If she had gotten drunk and got robbed from head to toe I would of said the same shyt.

If se had gotten drunk and fell in front of the train at a subway I would of said the same shyt.

All of those could of happened if they didn't rape her so you miss me with your reaching. :ufdup:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps

Did you say this bullshyt to their faces, though? :upsetfavre:

I guess every female is an entitled innocent to you can do no wrong huh? I've said it to a couple of them, they can't handle that thought though. You'll find out that females have a hard time admitting when they're wrong and always justify everything they do as righteous. It's the victim complex.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
I guess every female is an entitled innocent to you can do no wrong huh? I've said it to a couple of them, they can't handle that thought though. You'll find out that females have a hard time admitting when they're wrong and always justify everything they do as righteous. It's the victim complex.

There is no victim "complex". She is a victim. How about we focus our attention on teaching boys not to victimize, sexually assault, and rape passed out women rather than attacking women for being too easy of a target because they got drunk, and trusted the wrong people.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
There is no victim "complex". She is a victim. How about we focus our attention on teaching boys not to victimize, sexually assault, and rape passed out women rather than attacking women for being too easy of a target because they got drunk, and trusted the wrong people.
Thats fine and we should also teach women to protect themselves and not get pissy drunk to the point you pass out. Why are you focusing all your energy on what men do wrong or what the attackers did wrong in this case? You refuse to acknowledge the lessons young women could learn from this situation and resorting to coming off as a irrational. You are coming off like Crimson Tider 2.0

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

So now a rape victim is "entitled" and has a "victim complex" now? :snoop:

I know misogyny runs rampant on The Coli, but I thought this shyt was just for jokes this whole time. :snoop:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let me preface my statement with this...

There is no excuse for what these guys did and I hope they rot in jail.

With that said, there are so many things wrong with this situation.

1. Why was this 16 year old child allowed to go to an unsupervised party? This shows lack of good judgment by the parents

2. Why is a 16 year old drinking at a party.... period. I started drinking early, but not THAT early.

3. If she does decide to drink, why is she drinking so much that she blacks out. Of course, if she was drugged, then that's another story. But if you didn't decide to drink, illegally, you wouldn't haven't gotten drugged in the first place.

People need to stop absolving people of accountability with the logic that "We should be able to live freely without the fear of getting raped and robbed and blah blah."

Yes we should.... Be we can't. WE CAN'T. That is not the world you, I, or anyone else, lives in. People get raped, people get killed and people get robbed. That's just the way the world is, and the way it will always be. Because of that FACT it is our own responsibility to TRY to live in a way that keeps our families and ourselves safer.

Rape is bad, murder is bad... but there are things that can be done (or not done) that can greatly decrease (or increase) the chance of these things happening. As a parent, when your child gets hurt doing something that you told them not do, you do two things

1. Make sure they are OK
2. Remind them that you warned them already, and if they had listened to you, they wouldn't have hurt themselves.

Of course this situation requires quite a bit more tact, considering the emotional nature of this case, but if her parents had already warned her of these things, the same logic should apply. The reason we have alcohol laws and other laws like this in place are partially to prevent things like this. This is why it is illegal for 16 years olds to drink alcohol. The same applies for rules and guidelines within a household. These are the types of situations parents are (or should be) trying to avoid.

When there is NOTHING that could have been done to prevent a situation, that is one thing. But that's not the case here. Bad decision after bad decision was made, making this poor girl the victim of even worse people. Remove even only one of the bad decisions, and this probably doesn't happen.

Be sure, If someone raped my daughter, they'd have some serious hell to pay. Like only one of us would be awaiting trial... me. But also, be sure that my son/daughter won't attend any unsupervised parties (and if I don't know for sure, he/she won't go), hopefully I'll be able to convince my children not to drink before they're 21 (or at least not before college, knowing my own past), and to be aware of the type of crowd they associate themselves with. These amongst various other things are the things you teach your children to try and reduce the chances of them becoming the victims of this vile world we live in.

Here are all of the things that should be asked, in my opinion ....

1. Should her parents have let her go to an unsupervised party? No

2. Should she have been drinking? No

3. Should she have been raped, either way? No

But the fact that #3 is true doesn't change the fact the answers to questions 1 and 2 are true as well.

:wtf: bruh you lifted the bold + underlined part from my mind word for fukking word. i pretty much ghostwrote this entire post no rhymefest

thanks for saving me the typing and being a real ass nikka :ooh:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
And thats fine, and had Serena done just that there wouldnt be a thread. But the fact of the matter is that Serena made it a point to not only dismiss the gang rape as a "stupid" act, as if the boys convicted merely stole a pack of gum or something, she also went in on the young girl and her parents. Thats fcked up, and its promoting a rape culture thats very prevalent in this society. I lost a lot of respect for Serena over this...and to answer your question I am very much black, proud, and anyone here will attest, I am forceful in challenging racism and respect for our people. But just 'cause you black doesnt mean I have to support some heartless bs.

Why is it that the boys raping her is simply "stupid", while her being drunk deserves unending scorn and ridicule?

Agree to disagree man. No one thinks rape is simply stupid, not even Serena. Mentioning that this specific situation could have been avoided is not promoting rape culture. It just isn't. Had she suggested the the boys get off a little easier because of what she did promotes rape culture.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Someone made a comment equating this girl's actions to walking through a den of lions with meat strapped all over your body.

:why:

Are we all just going to pretend that its not incredibly harmful to society to normalize the behavior of boys/men to that of wild animals? Just to avoid addressing them and to hammer further on what girls could do differently to prevent being victims of boys we are letting run amok?

That's the problem. Its not the girls, its the boys. But they are rarely if ever addressed, we just equate whatever vile thing they do to their so-called nature. Call it boys being boys and then chastise girls for not limiting themselves and their lifestyle further and further to not be victims of boys being boys. Its insanity to me. People will trip over themselves in order to never address the actual problem in the situation.

What's more practical? Me teaching my daughter to be aware, careful and guarded or me hoping that ALL the males she encounters in her life have parents who will teach them not to be utter pieces of shyt?

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
Yeah I personally don't think she said anything wrong. That dumb bytch got stupid drunk around a bunch of horny teens who had their way with her. Serena didn't say anything wrong. The Feminazis are going to have a field day with this until Serena pulls their hoe card. I'm not even worried. That girl's parents are at fault here...them and those stupid ass boys.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
I still don't think they raped her, I think she got ran through and she regretted the shut when she sobered up. If she was unconscious when they penetrated her then that's rape but I some think that video of her being varied proves she was knocked out when she got fukked..

She chose that life as far as im concerned.

:stopitslime:

Multiple witnesses from that party have testified in court ol girl was out of it when those boys was getting demonic with her
No she didnt consent to a train which turned into rape later on..that never happened
Why dont u read up on the case before making these stupid ass comments?
Them nikkas call themselves the 'rape crew' ..consent woulda ruined the fun

I believe who ever brought to the party knew exactly what was bout to go down.He wasnt her friend..she didnt have a single friend at that party
A gang of witnesses peeped the rape in progress and did nada to stop it
All they did was make jokes,laugh and take pics and videos.

Im pretty sure these kids had a rep all around town..the bytch was stupid
-for attending that party in the first place
-for drinking around those demons

Raise your muthafukking daughters nikkas!

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps

What really bothers me is why you don't see the reason for people assessing her actions.

We are going after her actions not her personally.

It's like you want us to say that she is all innocent and kids should keep on drinking until they black out and should walk into situations where a bad result in most likely to happen and hope for the best.

And being afraid to even question a rape or look into the facts is the reason why cases like Brian Banks happens. And there are countless other men who haven't gotten their justice yet. We have to do our due diligence in getting the facts and not just scream victim blaming off the rip when people have questions. @No_bammer_weed you would be calling posters victim blamer's if a thread about Brian Banks case was made on here 4 years ago and people had suspicions.

brian-wanetta.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I hope all of you "she put herself in this position" dumbasses never had a drink before in your life. You telling me everytime someone at the age of 16 drinks they should absolve the violators of rape? Never mind the fact a myriad of countries drink before 21 anyway. I'm far from a feminist in any way but going to a party does not open you up to being blamed for your own rape. This shyt aint like drinking and losing your wallet. thats on you. they apparently slipped her some shyt and then raped her. How can you guys defend this?