ScHoolboy Q on checking in: "You a grown ass man. Take yo ass to the hotel!"

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's sad but many Black men are still teenagers mentally.

If you 30 talking about checking in, you need to grow up.

You are too OLD to have that mindset.

At 30, all you should want to be around is some women and some money.

I don't want to be around a group of dusty looking dudes in the hood.

If I see a Chief Keef look a like, I know I'm in the wrong place.
Facts. I check into restaurants for reservations. Or hotels on the occasion I and my girl go do something out of town.

If i'm not in a place where people look like they are doing as well or better than me, I am in the wrong place. And the music volume is at acceptable levels:mjpls:

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
Q has common sense unlike these crash out dummies

full

15163-7000c3711d37203910bb1bb19ffd0b27.jpg

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
The weird thing is dudes will be planning an LA visit and hit up people about checking in. If you just go to LA and don't do dumb shyt you'll be fine. You don't have to alert the extortion artists that you'll be in town soon. Low key I think weed addiction plays a major role in this. Dudes so obsessed with smoking weed they hit up someone who doesn't have their best interests in heart, just to smoke weed in a safe house under the "protection" of somebody.
This makes absolutely no sense

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Facts, LA is huge. You can literally hide out here. Play low key, go out to eat, hit the beach up, relax, chill, etc. But its a different story if you have to stunt, show jewels, be at every function & spot, have a 15 man entourage, showing your location and possessions on social media, etc.

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
I definitely get what Q is saying but he’s also speaking from a very more mature established position. Lets not act like he wasn’t a very drugged out heavily gang affiliated rapper though. He has reached a place where he can afford to sit in the house and play games, golf and go to soccer games. 100 percent an artist shouldn’t be trying to go hang in hoods just because. Q even said his own homies had to tell him stop coming around early on. A street artist will 100 percent be food though if someone with them doesn’t understand the lay of the land.

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
The weird thing is dudes will be planning an LA visit and hit up people about checking in. If you just go to LA and don't do dumb shyt you'll be fine. You don't have to alert the extortion artists that you'll be in town soon. Low key I think weed addiction plays a major role in this. Dudes so obsessed with smoking weed they hit up someone who doesn't have their best interests in heart, just to smoke weed in a safe house under the "protection" of somebody.
You almost got it. It's not weed anymore, that can be found easily at dispensaries. They on all sorts of other substances and they need someone from the criminal element to provide it

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Isn't the problem that local dudes will find out an artist is at whatever club/venue for a show and try to press them?

Club schedules/party appearances are public info

Q needs to stop playing dumb like crash dummies won't try somebody for clout