ScHoolboy Q on checking in: "You a grown ass man. Take yo ass to the hotel!"

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
You don't need to check in unless you gonna be in places you should not be getting checked out.

Stay at a hotel no air BNB
This the only time "checking in" made any kind of fukking sense but then my next question is why the fukk are you even there to begin with?

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Remember when those Mexicans from L.A. invented a check in Kiosk? Once you checked in, the kiosk would print out a verified certificate, confirming your check in that you can bring with you in the hood. No need for notarized document. You are good to go from the homies right then and there.

But if you don’t feel like doing all that, then…

:manny:

Sir ZDuke

All Star
Daps
Remember when those Mexicans from L.A. invented a check in Kiosk? Once you checked in, the kiosk would print out a verified certificate, confirming your check in that you can bring with you in the hood. No need for notarized document. You are good to go from the homies right then and there.

But if you don’t feel like doing all that, then…

:manny:

Needs to be an app. Your status gets sent to all the major gangs once you check in. You can also add more time like a parking meter

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
The weird thing is dudes will be planning an LA visit and hit up people about checking in. If you just go to LA and don't do dumb shyt you'll be fine. You don't have to alert the extortion artists that you'll be in town soon. Low key I think weed addiction plays a major role in this. Dudes so obsessed with smoking weed they hit up someone who doesn't have their best interests in heart, just to smoke weed in a safe house under the "protection" of somebody.
too many dispensaries in California for the reason to be weed

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Been to LA a ton of times and never checked in :troll:
If you are doing a publicized show where the wolves will know you in LA to make money, then check in with security at the venue to make sure the riffraff can't get in
Only reason you would ever need to check in is if you on some goofy shyt like pnb, pressed to rock jewels in the worst areas of the city

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
it's really just a criminal/street thing

like La Eme, they only tax people who they can touch.

The street gangs only tax/extort who they can touch.

but if you are planning on stunting in LA in the hood, in Hollywood clubs, pulling up the Ghost with your entourage, probably nothing will happen, even if you don't check in. but, there's always that possibility that someone's ego is bruised and they try to have someone get to you.

but, there's no real check in, because there's rival gangs, and rival intra/inter group dynamics, you can check in with one clique and get jacked by another. Be good with one subset and get jacked or checked by another.

the idea that you can just check into a hotel is kinda funny and typical Q, who takes like a Vince Staples approach to street shyt. I can hit the Edition and spend a few days in LA but I don't move in those circles of street gangsters, nor am I a celebrity. You'll see me in Beverley Hills or way up in Bel Air hotel having dinner, if I even hit a club it's Sunset. I'm nobody though, that's the beauty, I'm just solo.

but if you are flagging/banging, it's probably best to at least know where some of your friends are, and aren't

what Q is saying is basically I'm a g, I don't check in, just based off my rep, I'm moving how I move. but not everybody has it like that.

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
it's really just a criminal/street thing

like La Eme, they only tax people who they can touch.

The street gangs only tax/extort who they can touch.

but if you are planning on stunting in LA in the hood Hollywood clubs, pulling up the Ghost with your entourage, probably nothing will happen, even if you do check in. but, there's always that possibility that someone's ego is bruised and they try to have someone get to you.

but, there's no real check in, because there's rival gangs, and rival intra group dynamics, you can check in with on clique and get jacked by another.

the idea that you can just check into a hotel is kinda funny and typical Q, who takes like a Vince Staples approach to street shyt. I can hit the Edition and spend a few days in LA but I don't move in those circles of street gangsters, nor am I a celebrity. but if you are flagging/banging, it's probably best to at least know where some of your friends are, and aren't

what Q is saying is basically Im'a a g, I don't check in, just based off my rep, I'm moving how I move. but not everybody has it like that.
J.cole has been out there riding his bike city to city. Easily a top 10 earner in rap compared to do many rappers who get robbed or attempted. Has no friction and is often solo.

I think that the perception of who you are. And your content as well play into who becomes targeted. Everyone not treated the same.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
It's sad but many Black men are still teenagers mentally.

If you 30 talking about checking in, you need to grow up.
I bet you wasn't saying that when the white man tell you to check in :ufdup:

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
This is easy to say but when those same type of dudes find you and rob you anyway you understand why the practice started...
I truly don’t understand why it started. You stay ready in every city, what’s the issue?

Don’t fukking go to another town lacking.

Once I leave my house, my head is always on a swivel. I don’t give a fukk if I’m going to Disney World. I’m always 👀

Maybe I’m just paranoid as fukk. I dunno :yeshrug: