ScHoolboy Q on checking in: "You a grown ass man. Take yo ass to the hotel!"

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
I truly don’t understand why it started. You stay ready in every city, what’s the issue?
Don’t fukking go to another town lacking.
Once I leave my house, my head is always on a swivel. I don’t give a fukk if I’m going to Disney World. I’m always 👀
Maybe I’m just paranoid as fukk. I dunno
-Anyone can get caught lackin. Do you even have any ops?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's always that "Man, grow the fukk up" that stays hitting. :mjlol:

LA had 50 million visitors this last year.

I'm guessing only about ~10-20 people worried about "checking in". You know how ridiculous that sounds? :heh:

Cats I knew who grew up around that shyt don't worry about it either.
Folks I know would be on some "Alright...and?!" Then after they hang up they'd be like "Why that dude even call me bro??"

Somebody said these people are checking into No Jumper cats.

Last edited:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I truly don’t understand why it started. You stay ready in every city, what’s the issue?

Don’t fukking go to another town lacking.

Once I leave my house, my head is always on a swivel. I don’t give a fukk if I’m going to Disney World. I’m always 👀

Maybe I’m just paranoid as fukk. I dunno :yeshrug:
It probably started for the very reason I said: a rapper comes to LA rolling around freely having fun, thinking shìt is sweet, till he gets pressed/robbed at the club where one of the gangbangers is cousins with the bouncer/owner and got them in with the strap.

Or at best (or worst depending on how you look at it), cats really did come to the hoods stunting and the street cats said no more.

And head on a swivel doesn't matter when you're by yourself/maybe a couple boys deep in someone's backyard where gang culture is entrenched in their identities.
RIP PNB and Pop Smoke
Wasn't PNB inviting that energy before getting there?

Daps
It's sad but many Black men are still teenagers mentally.

If you 30 talking about checking in, you need to grow up.

You are too OLD to have that mindset.

At 30, all you should want to be around is some women and some money.

I don't want to be around a group of dusty looking dudes in the hood.

If I see a Chief Keef look a like, I know I'm in the wrong place.
:mjpls:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
J.cole has been out there riding his bike city to city. Easily a top 10 earner in rap compared to do many rappers who get robbed or attempted. Has no friction and is often solo.

I think that the perception of who you are. And your content as well play into who becomes targeted. Everyone not treated the same.

The people who would or could be targets are

soft rappers who think they are street

street rappers who are gang affiliates/gang members

I read that same story with Cole whipping a Bentley around Arcadia or something, and you are right, exactly what I said, Cole is in some random weird suburb in camping gear on a bike. There's not even any street guys out there. And the ones that are, are on the same time he is. Low key and with the family. They can't touch who they are close to.