SAS & Windhorst go in on ASG & Adam Silver's NBA

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I didn't even watch most of the 2nd half. I honestly think it being in Utah was the biggest issue. You just can't get the proper energy in a town where everyone is going to heaven.
Just coming back from there, was it the best atmosphere for parties and stuff? No. Have I been to worse all-star weekends? Yes. The idea that because it was in SLC it affected the players is a player problem, not a city problem.

horizon

Veteran
Daps
The international fanbase will definitely care, and that’s where he is looking to expand. You guys would be awful at running a business.
Assuming international fans will jump on because of the word tournament is the kind of brain dead thinking I would expect out of the coli which isn't a problem

It's a big problem when the fukking commissioner thinks the same way.

:snoop:

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Like I said before in the other thread, yes championships will solidify your legacy, but not every player is going to win a ring. There are a number players (stars and non stars) who never came close to sniffing a ring, but because of the show they put on at All Star Weekend and the ASG, they'll go down in history and will remain legends. That could help your brand for life.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

A lot of us have been saying that for years now though. When people care about your off the court happenings more than what's happening on the floor, you have a problem. They had the perfect opportunity to help fix the problem when the Rachel Nichols/Maria Taylor situation happening, but did nothing about it and let ESPN go right back to doing the exact same things that they did before.

They want to be the NFL so bad in being talked about year around that they're willing to have their on the court product suffer just to do so. The

Last edited:

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Like I was saying in the All-Star Weekend thread, NBA fans and media indirectly created this environment around the NBA with the obsession over rings and demeaning anything that didn’t result in a championship/Finals run
I mean that’s been happening since Wilt. So why is it causing problems now? There’s got to be more to it than that.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Like I was saying in the All-Star Weekend thread, NBA fans and media indirectly created this environment around the NBA with the obsession over rings and demeaning anything that didn’t result in a championship/Finals run
Bingo

Goodell would never allow the tv business partners to do this

But again as long as the money keeps increasing for both the players and owners he's doing his job in their eyes :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The league is in a weird space because we get on the same Internet everyday and say whatever we see doesn't matter or count unless it's in the playoffs.

Yet when people sit out regular season games that"don't matter" or don't try hard in exhibition games that "don't matter". The same people are upset they not seeing the effort.

It's either gonna be considered a competition or entertainment. It's not both anymore and it's never coming back.

Agreed. Also the entire NBA media machine is built around perpetuating the idea that the regular season doesn't matter, only championships matter, you either get a chip or you're a loser, etc. Look at the way the NFL handles media. You don't see dudes thriving in NFL media while shytting on the product all day, all week. It wouldn't happen. Yet the NBA allows it. Why?

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
earlier this weekend they played asg from the 90s. the level of intensity and focus was night and day to this asg. it wasn't that they played harder, but they were clearly more focused and engaged. this asg just seemed like a random pick up game with dudes going 70% if that. shyt was trash to be honest.

and if i'm keeping it a buck there was only one guy who understood the assignment and really took that shyt seriously. mac mcclung won allstar weekend. props to dude killing it in the dunk contest.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The product is just all around bad. Haven't watched that shyt in a good 5-7 years b/c everyone jacks up 3s to the point it's ridiculous. All Star game been a joke and they don't care. No showmanship at all anymore. The commentators are more entertaining than the players. Just awful.