SAS & Windhorst go in on ASG & Adam Silver's NBA

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Goddell is way better now than he was at first. Best thing he did was stop being judge jury and commissioner
Better at what? …he was gifted the most popular sport in America and has fumbled every opportunity to present the league as anything other than a white supremacy haven that tried to deny the reality of football turning your brain into slush …what the fukk has goodell ever done to be considered anything more than a run of the mill commissioner… he didn’t broker any mergers he wasn’t the one that ran the league during social change like integration..he’s a commissioner version of a game manger quarterback…the Alex Smith of commissioners

Last edited:

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
You can have an entertaining game that’s more competitive than a shoot around ….if these nikkas just played as hard as they do when they play in the Drew League the game would be infinitely more enjoyable to watch

I just think because of how we view players careers even if you were the player that goes hard at every player and busted their ass in the all star game or even during the regular season. That's not moving the ranking of how we view that player.

Can he get out of "whatever round" in the playoffs. We just moved away from any other metric

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Listen it’s been damn near 70 years since Detroit hosted an allstar game.. it’s 30 teams.. if anything each team should get to host it at least once with a 30 year turn around that way every team get a chance to host… It makes the experience more special because say utah was in 2023 the next time it will be in utah will be in 2053.. same goes for each nba city

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I just think because of how we view players careers even if you were the player that goes hard at every player and busted their ass in the all star game or even during the regular season. That's not moving the ranking of how we view that player.

Can he get out of "whatever round" in the playoffs. We just moved away from any other metric
That’s kind of a chicken or the egg thing …did people stop caring because the players stopped playing? Because there was a time we’re being an allstar mvp was a nice honor for players to tout

Last edited:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I rarely watch games anymore and didnt watch All Star Weekend, and I dont feel any FOMO over it. The league has gotten boring to me. The regular season just has such little value, and Im sure when I tune in for some playoff games 60% of them will be blowouts. I just dont care anymore and Im so happy to be spending time, money & energy on better things.

You could say the Bulls being an embarrassment factors in, but they've been embarrassing for most of my adult life, so :manny:
NBA games have actually been good this year. Are you not watching because players don’t resonate with you or you don’t actually like the product? That said, the NFL was mostly ass this year and people tuned in to that.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Listen it’s been damn near 70 years since Detroit hosted an allstar game.. it’s 30 teams.. if anything each team should get to host it at least once with a 30 year turn around that way every team get a chance to host… It makes the experience more special because say utah was in 2023 the next time it will be in utah will be in 2053.. same goes for each nba city
Fam, no one wants an all star game in Detroit or most NBA cities. New York, Miami, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, Houston, Toronto and Phoenix are the only places an all star game should be. Players are not going to show up on a Friday for a three day trip to Detroit and I have love for the D.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Fam, no one wants an all star game in Detroit or most NBA cities. New York, Miami, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, Houston, Toronto and Phoenix are the only places an all star game should be. Players are not going to show up on a Friday for a three day trip to Detroit and I have love for the D.
Don’t try and shyt on Detroit, if they good enough to have an nba team they good enough to host an allstar game

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, this might not be Stephen A and Windhorst carrying Jimmy Pitaro's water, and trying to get some negotiation points out in the public, but I wouldn't immediately disagree with someone if they claimed it was.

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
Like I was saying in the All-Star Weekend thread, NBA fans and media indirectly created this environment around the NBA with the obsession over rings and demeaning anything that didn’t result in a championship/Finals run
Yep. This is the culture they created. Now they mad players don’t care unless a championship is on the line. SAS goofy ass should be the last one talking after what he and Skip have done to sports disclosure.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You expect those who had a direct hand in the "ring culture" to acknowledge their hand in creating this environment :russ:

Everyone is Frankenstein trying to pretend they didn't create the monster.

How we blaming fans for caring about rings? We never pressured anybody into ring chasing. In fact im pretty sure fans were against "superteams". But were essentially forced to live with it. But im glad yall finally wanna acknowledge that Lebron fukked the league up with "the decision" and that "player empowerment" garbage:martin: