SAS & Windhorst go in on ASG & Adam Silver's NBA

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said in the ASG thread and Windy said in this clip: the league normalized and embraced guys sitting out once a week. Why would they care about the ASG or try in it when they barely care about games that count in the standings?

"The science and analyticals say taking 30 games off a year,will prolong your career by 30 years
21241-8e6518a5a7abb85f23be112fef7d110c.jpg
"

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I dont get the shytting on him as if he tanked the league and its the taj mahal. shyt is poppin. Talent is widespread.

I like silver. He obvisously is a company man but he does more than he should for players. And tries to really do culturally relevant things that represent the leagues make-up and not necessarily thier traditional fanbase.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you can mentally view a meaningless non paid off-season pickup scrimmage as an opportunity to extend a “workout plan” how the hell can you not give the same effort for a game against actual pros that you get paid to play :what: That’s non logical

Because one is in the offseason and the other is in the middle of the season. Spraining an ankle in July is a lot different than spraining an ankle in February

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Because one is in the offseason and the other is in the middle of the season. Spraining an ankle in July is a lot different than spraining an ankle in February
Being in the off-season should logically mean you’d play more cautious and apprehensive than you would during mid season when you’re actually in game shape …you can sprain an ankle playing at any pace with basketball ..the only way to avoid injury is to not play the game at all

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How we blaming fans for caring about rings? We never pressured anybody into ring chasing. In fact im pretty sure fans were against "superteams". But were essentially forced to live with it. But im glad yall finally wanna acknowledge that Lebron fukked the league up with "the decision" and that "player empowerment" garbage:martin:

There’s a fine line between caring about rings and using them as a be all end all barometer to making sweeping judgments about players, which is exactly what NBA fans and media have been doing for decades

Being in the off-season should logically mean you’d play more cautious and apprehensive than you would during mid season when you’re actually in game shape …you can sprain an ankle playing at any pace with basketball ..the only way to avoid injury is to not play the game at all

Or to play with as little effort as possible :manny:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s a fine line between caring about rings and using them as a be all end all barometer to making sweeping judgments about players, which is exactly what NBA fans and media have been doing for decades

Or to play with as little effort as possible :manny:

People unanimously agree that superteam rings dont mean as much. Lebron was praised far more for the ring he won in Clevland than the ones in Miami. Durant hardly gets credit at all for the ones he won in golden state. And Giannis got tremendous praise from fans for getting it done in Miluawkee. Yet I dont see players lining up to go be Giannis in a small market.

These players saw Lebron get away with going to Miami and creating a superteam. Leaving a smaller market for a big market for his "brand". And now they all wanna do the same thing. Lets not pretend these players care so much what fans think when its convienient. Why the hell they still load managing since our opinions matter:mjlol:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People unanimously agree that superteam rings dont mean as much. Lebron was praised far more for the ring he won in Clevland than the ones in Miami. Durant hardly gets credit at all for the ones he won in golden state. And Giannis got tremendous praise from fans for getting it done in Miluawkee. Yet I dont see players lining up to go be Giannis in a small market.

These players saw Lebron get away with going to Miami and creating a superteam. Leaving a smaller market for a big market for his "brand". And now they all wanna do the same thing. Lets not pretend these players care so much what fans think when its convienient. Why the hell they still load managing since our opinions matter:mjlol:

Having a ring that don’t mean as much > Being Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Steve Nash, Carmelo

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I rarely watch games anymore and didnt watch All Star Weekend, and I dont feel any FOMO over it. The league has gotten boring to me. The regular season just has such little value, and Im sure when I tune in for some playoff games 60% of them will be blowouts. I just dont care anymore and Im so happy to be spending time, money & energy on better things.

You could say the Bulls being an embarrassment factors in, but they've been embarrassing for most of my adult life, so :manny:
I'm getting there too and I never thought I ever would as I've been a hoops fanatic since I was a teenager