SAS & Windhorst go in on ASG & Adam Silver's NBA

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Selecting wack cities is good. It can't be in LA or Houston and Atlanta every year. The ppl in those "wack" cities are important fan bases, too. And you can't alienate them.

For the players showing up on Sunday. If they aren't apart of the Saturday night lineup then what difference does it make?

Lebron did a good thing yrs ago by demanding 1 week off for players

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think they need to change the format because it's not working. I wonder if it would be better to play best of 5 like it's tennis.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Once the players in the league can be the same age as your children it's a wrap. Nobody is gonna be a Stan of somebody we see as a kid. That's for the young people. So once whoever is your favorite ages out, we just become casuals.
Football doesn’t have this issue because people are invested in teams and not players

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I rarely watch games anymore and didnt watch All Star Weekend, and I dont feel any FOMO over it. The league has gotten boring to me. The regular season just has such little value, and Im sure when I tune in for some playoff games 60% of them will be blowouts. I just dont care anymore and Im so happy to be spending time, money & energy on better things.

You could say the Bulls being an embarrassment factors in, but they've been embarrassing for most of my adult life, so :manny:
There use to be non laker games that I’d love to watch and look forward too. But now there’s not one regular season game that has gotten my attention past 3 years

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
The NBA regular season is :trash: Now Imo:yeshrug:i love basketball it’s my second favorite sport hands now but if I’m not gambling I’m not watching it

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The competition in the actual all star game itself boils down to competitive fire itself imo. nikkas dont want to get shown u to the point that they’d rather not make an effort. The egos are too fragile with social media. Players are now scared to try. Players in older generations wanted to prove something vs other big time players. It was a golden opportunity to show you arrived. That type of competition does not exist in the modern NBA. If it did, this drafting format wouldn’t exist. nikkas wouldn’t have it. Imagine Isiah being drafted onto Team Jordan as the default last pick :mjlol:. There is zero reason the all star game can’t be as competitive as a Rico Hines run. Not wanting to injury anyone is a sorry excuse when we have nikkas in the summer going harder in runs that have semi pros.