SAS & Windhorst go in on ASG & Adam Silver's NBA

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
The league is in a weird space because we get on the same Internet everyday and say whatever we see doesn't matter or count unless it's in the playoffs.

Yet when people sit out regular season games that"don't matter" or don't try hard in exhibition games that "don't matter". The same people are upset they not seeing the effort.

It's either gonna be considered a competition or entertainment. It's not both anymore and it's never coming back.
You can have an entertaining game that’s more competitive than a shoot around ….if these nikkas just played as hard as they do when they play in the Drew League the game would be infinitely more enjoyable to watch

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The league is in a weird space because we get on the same Internet everyday and say whatever we see doesn't matter or count unless it's in the playoffs.

Yet when people sit out regular season games that"don't matter" or don't try hard in exhibition games that "don't matter". The same people are upset they not seeing the effort.

It's either gonna be considered a competition or entertainment. It's not both anymore and it's never coming back.

Yeah, I'm not sure what all people expected. We've spent a solid 20 years belittling entire careers because everything has been contextualized around winning titles. At this point, even though it could definitely be run a lot better, there's a solid argument that the league is just doing it's best to give the customer what they've been saying they want.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can have an entertaining game that’s more competitive than a shoot around ….if these nikkas just played as hard as they do when they play in the Drew League the game would be infinitely more enjoyable to watch

Drew League games aren’t in the middle of the season :manny:

Also the difference is some players view those offseason pickups and pro ams as an extension of their offseason programs and part of working in their game. The ASG is just a meaningless exhibition in the middle of the season

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
I rarely watch games anymore and didnt watch All Star Weekend, and I dont feel any FOMO over it. The league has gotten boring to me. The regular season just has such little value, and Im sure when I tune in for some playoff games 60% of them will be blowouts. I just dont care anymore and Im so happy to be spending time, money & energy on better things.

You could say the Bulls being an embarrassment factors in, but they've been embarrassing for most of my adult life, so :manny:

Once the players in the league can be the same age as your children it's a wrap. Nobody is gonna be a Stan of somebody we see as a kid. That's for the young people. So once whoever is your favorite ages out, we just become casuals.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Embiid gets selected first by Bron and was one of the few players trying to make it competitive...

even tho he himself is battling injury

My MVP, we dont deserve him :to:
You really don’t

Two second round picks for Embiid & a couple cheese steaks should do it

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Drew League games aren’t in the middle of the season :manny:

Also the difference is some players view those offseason pickups and pro ams as an extension of their offseason programs and part of working in their game. The ASG is just a meaningless exhibition in the middle of the season
If you can mentally view a meaningless non paid off-season pickup scrimmage as an opportunity to extend a “workout plan” how the hell can you not give the same effort for a game against actual pros that you get paid to play :what: That’s non logical

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Once the players in the league can be the same age as your children it's a wrap. Nobody is gonna be a Stan of somebody we see as a kid. That's for the young people. So once whoever is your favorite ages out, we just become casuals.
yeah, I agree just getting older is a factor too and prioritizing kids and shyt

like my old man likes sports, but he wasnt watching games at night everwhen he had 7 kids - man would get home from work, have dinner and want to just hang out a bit, get things done and lay down with a book. I get that shyt now