Russos need Marvel, Marvel needs the Russos. Both have taken L's since they've been away from each other.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Idc what the consensus was at the time

How can the consensus at the time not matter if you are comparing Phase 1 and Phase 4 by grading the films based on reception in terms of what people thought was good and bad?

You thought the movie was trash which is perfectly fine, most people didn't think that way and liked it. Which is why at the time of release it was a big hit for a comic book movie, this is before the mcu was even really a major thing or known like that.

Also there were enough good movies like Iron Man 1, Cap 1 to carry hype into actual Avengers which just broke people's minds off a crossover event alone. Phase 1 had the benefit of simply being phase 1, nothing before had been like it, but if we're actually going movie v. movie I don't think phase 1's films are actually better than phase 4's

There was a three year gap between the first Iron Man movie and first Captain America, with Marvel making three movies; Hulk, Iron Man 2 and Thor, in-between, if they were all regarded as trash as you say, Captain America which was watched less times than two of them wouldn't have been able to generate any hype for The Avengers.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
one of the russo's did extraction with christ hemsworth on netflix, and that movie was 2 hours of straight :fire: with a sequel coming soon.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You forgot widow - trash

Multiverse of madness and no way home are the only two movies i like in phase 4
Oh yeah, Black widow just pretty good to me. The only thing that ruined it for me was the whole taskmaster thing.
Phase 4 is just a mess, simply because so much potential continuity is all jacked up.

But they seem to be making it up as they go soooo.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I don't think people gotta get too nervous about Marvel. Phase 1 started good then fizzled. Phase 2 was aight with exception of GOTG being great. Phase 3 started meh then they banged out 5 homers in a row. BP, Civil War, Ragnarok, IW, Endgame. Just killed it which is why we're so high on Marvel right now. So far they hit a couple singles, struck out twice and a got a couple of triples. They'll figure it out. Trust the process. They've been in way worse position before. Phase 2 was shaky as hell. They had to throw Iron Man in everything to keep the ship from sinking. They gotta build up the next Avengers-type tentpole event. It'll take another couple of years until the climax in Phase 6.

The ship will have sunk by phase 6 at this rate. Considering they say were only halfway through 4 and the goodwill they have built up seems to have faded with the media and auidences

I'm personally out until X-Men.