Russos need Marvel, Marvel needs the Russos. Both have taken L's since they've been away from each other.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Phase 4 is supposed to be sorta like Phase 1 again, and tbh it's probably better than Phase 1. People are just sick of Marvel(understandably)

Phase 1:
Iron Man 1 - Classic
Hulk - Trash
Iron Man 2 - Meh
Thor - Trash
Captain America 1 - Good
The Avengers - Great

Phase 4:
Shang-Chi - Good
Eternals - Meh
No Way Home - Classic
Multiverse of Madness - Meh
Thor Love and Thunder - Good

And we still have BP2, Guardians 3, and more otw
you got to include the disney shows
Wandavision Great/classic
Loki Good
Falcon Good
Hawkeye meh
Moon Knight Good
What if good
Ms. Marvel Good

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Also, let’s keep it BUCK

For a few years, some folks fake criticism was “Marvel don’t take chances, they need to take chaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnncccccceeeesssssss”

I don’t need to name names. Maybe @wire28 @AnonymityX1000 or @Norrin Radd can name names if they want.:hubie: But we know who they were:pachaha:

Well Phase 4 has all been about “taking chances” :manny:
I seem to remember calls about marvel not letting directors do their own thing. Well phase 4 has been the epitome of directors doing their own thing :jbhmm:

But I digress. Thor: love and thunder, in theaters everywhere.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People thought Joss Whedon was hot shyt too after the first avengers movie....dude fell off the earth and his next big project was a batgirl movie :mjlol: .

now he forgotten about and basically untouchable in the industry.

I like marvel movies....but lets keep it real....none of these movies are the vision of ANY director. they are the vision of the studio and they offer very little room for creativity.

Like what are the russos style? they average directors with average vision.
MCUs best action/fight scenes were under Russo's direction

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Russo’s are the only returning directors to leave MCU unscathed. Maybe they should just take their W and be happy like RDJ and Chris Evans.

Also, outside of hulk losing to hulk buster, Age of Ultron was a dope movie. Way better than anything in phase 4 so far. Whedon was also the only person until wandavision that actually made Wanda act like the Scarlet Witch. He had the best characterizations of every character down :manny:

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Phase 4 is supposed to be sorta like Phase 1 again, and tbh it's probably better than Phase 1. People are just sick of Marvel(understandably)

Phase 1:
Iron Man 1 - Classic
Hulk - decent
Iron Man 2 - Meh
Thor - good
Captain America 1 - Good
The Avengers - Great

Phase 4:
Shang-Chi - Good
Eternals - good
No Way Home - very good
Multiverse of Madness - very good
Thor Love and Thunder - okay

And we still have BP2, Guardians 3, and more otw

Fixed

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This

It’s crazy how some folks can’t comprehend this simple concept that Phase 4 is essentially the new Phase 1.

No one wants them to build. Some want the instant shyt now with no rhyme or reason.
it can’t be phase one.

they already built the foundation. That’s like building a foundation on top of a house/foundation you already made without destroying it.

the whole point if being in phase 4 is to hit the ground running because of phase 1-3.

We’ve had characters repeating beats a lot. Sam took the shield and then took 6 episodes to take the shield again? Wanda went through her grief and unleashed it on a whole town then unleashed it on a girl and Strange? Spider-Man learned the lesson of Spider-Man again?Moon knight is disconnecte? What is Eternals?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I am enjoying Phase 4 overall.
I thought Hawkeye was a dud but I like Haliee Steinfeld.
Eternals is actually good, I like it better than Black Widow. They did a lot heavy lifting in that movie that will pay divide ds later.
And WandaVision and Loki had some really good writing and enjoyed them a lot.
The rest has been mid/serviceable but the MCU always mixed in a bunch of serviceable mid in the name of the bigger overall story.
I am not missing the Russo Brothers myself but they would of course be welcome if they came back.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
The talking point about Phase 4 is just the new Phase 1 redux is nonsense. It like telling Giannis to go back to playing like he did in his rookie year and forget everything you’ve learned that made you MVP. Marvel has admitted they really didn’t have a long term plan for Phase 1 so using it as an excuse for the poor planning for Phase 4 is hilarious.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
it can’t be phase one.

they already built the foundation. That’s like building a foundation on top of a house/foundation you already made without destroying it.

the whole point if being in phase 4 is to hit the ground running because of phase 1-3.

We’ve had characters repeating beats a lot. Sam took the shield and then took 6 episodes to take the shield again? Wanda went through her grief and unleashed it on a whole town then unleashed it on a girl and Strange? Spider-Man learned the lesson of Spider-Man again?Moon knight is disconnecte? What is Eternals?

Yes it can. Think of it in a sense of anime or tv shows. They go through a particular SEASON or ARC.

Then once that Season or Arc is done. Another one begins.

Everyone knows DragonballZ so Phase 1-3 was basically the Frieza Arc.

Phase 4-6 is about to be the Cell Arc, or it the beginning of a whole new season. However you wanna look at it :manny:

Last edited:

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
Y'all gotta stop lying :mjlol:

Phase 4 is nothing like Phase 1 :mjlol:

In real time none of the phase 1 movies were regarded as trash.

Iron Man and Avengers were regarded as great.

Thor and First Avenger were regarded as good.

Iron Man 2 and Hulk as passable.

If Phase 1 was like Phase 4 there would have been no hype going into the actual Avengers movie
Phase 4 doesn't have hype because they already did it and the standard is higher. Phase 1 had so much hype because no one had ever seen that shyt before.

I said Iron Man and Avengers are great, Cap was good, and Iron Man 2 was passable. We literally agree on these movies except for Hulk and Thor. Thor 1 is straight ass and I don't see how people can think otherwise :mjlol: and they legit just changed Hulks and almost acted as if that movie didn't exist :dead: imagine the shyt Marvel would get if they tried to pull that now :russ: