Russos need Marvel, Marvel needs the Russos. Both have taken L's since they've been away from each other.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
You might be on to something. :patrice:

MCU was the only high budget comic book universe a decade ago. The General public had no choice but to conform to their standards of jokes and light hearted themes, with the Thanos arc.

The Boys came in and truly demonstrated mature themes in a non-shock value way. Even the taboo ones like prolonged c00ning and b*stard children/neglect. Black Panther tpuched on colonialism and diaspora differences, but it was barely deeper than surface level, but it was (again) overshadowed by the IW/Endgame saga.

Once I binged watched the 3 seasons of The Boys, I can never look at MCU costumes again with the campy dialogue. Just cannot.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
MCU was the only high budget comic book universe a decade ago. The General public had no choice but to conform to their standards of jokes and light hearted themes, with the Thanos arc.

The Boys came in and truly demonstrated mature themes in a non-shock value way. Even the taboo ones like prolonged c00ning and b*stard children/neglect. Black Panther tpuched on colonialism and diaspora differences, but it was barely deeper than surface level, but it was (again) overshadowed by the IW/Endgame saga.

Once I binged watched the 3 seasons of The Boys, I can never look at MCU costumes again with the campy dialogue. Just cannot.
They Boys is a great show that does offer stuff the MCU does not but I would not describe them as mature, it's fairly immature and they totally go for a lot of shock value with gruesome deaths, a lot of gore.

Daps
They Boys is a great show that does offer stuff the MCU does not but I would not describe them as mature, it's fairly immature and they totally go for a lot of shock value with gruesome deaths, a lot of gore.
I would also say The Boys lack in the VFX department. It's only so many times I'm going to be impressed with laser eyes and exploding bodies. Homelander vs Maeve fight was trash :trash: