Russos need Marvel, Marvel needs the Russos. Both have taken L's since they've been away from each other.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The issue is their executives meddling with the directors instead of letting them cook.

DC learned this lesson the hard way so theyy're stepping back. The result is a Joker movie that feels different from the suicide squad movie which feels different from the Shazam movie etc. DC is slowly getting back on while Marvel is starting to panic.
@Bryan Danielson :pachaha:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
The issue is their executives meddling with the directors instead of letting them cook.

DC learned this lesson the hard way so they're stepping back. The result is a Joker movie that feels different from the suicide squad movie which feels different from the Shazam movie etc. DC is slowly getting back on while Marvel is starting to panic.
Phase 4 has given directors the most freedom so far

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Yes it can. Think of it in a sense of anime or tv shows. They go through a particular SEASON or ARC.

Then once that Season or Arc is done. Another one begins.

Everyone knows DragonballZ so Phase 1-3 was basically the Frieza Arc.

Phase 4-6 is about to be the Cell Arc, or it the beginning of a whole new season. However you wanna look at it :manny:
But the point is that the next story is an escalation.

Even without the power the infinity stones, Cap 1-3 is a character/story progression.

I’m not one of the people who even wants another Thanos level event, but I want a sense that what came before mattered. But it feels like the legacy characters are spinning wheels to introduce new characters.

I mean Hawkeye is the same person in episode 1 he is in episode 6. The character growth was Yelena and Kate.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

DC learned this lesson the hard way so they're stepping back. The result is a Joker movie that feels different from the suicide squad movie which feels different from the Shazam movie etc. DC is slowly getting back on while Marvel is starting to panic.

This is way off base lol, especially right now.

One of the biggest complaints from some MCU fans is that Multiverse of madness is "too Rami", Love and Thunder is "too Taika" and Eternals, which I thought was great is a Chloe Zhao movie through and through, just with Marvel characters and it was polarizing.

A lot of these same fans want to rewind the clock, bring back the look and feel of the "made by commitee" movies that were too safe and covered all the bases. Directors have more leeway at Marvel right now than they've ever had, with the TV shows too.

Daps
Phase 4 is supposed to be sorta like Phase 1 again, and tbh it's probably better than Phase 1. People are just sick of Marvel(understandably)

Phase 1:
Iron Man 1 - Classic-585mil
Hulk - Trash-264mil
Iron Man 2 - Meh-623mil
Thor - Trash-449mil
Captain America 1 - Good-370mil
The Avengers - Great-1.519bill

Phase 4:
Shang-Chi - Good-432mil
Eternals - Meh-402mil
No Way Home - Classic-1.901bill
Multiverse of Madness - Meh-954mil
Thor Love and Thunder - Good-???

And we still have BP2, Guardians 3, and more otw
Keven Feige cant hear you nerds
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
But the point is that the next story is an escalation.

Even without the power the infinity stones, Cap 1-3 is a character/story progression.

I’m not one of the people who even wants another Thanos level event, but I want a sense that what came before mattered. But it feels like the legacy characters are spinning wheels to introduce new characters.

I mean Hawkeye is the same person in episode 1 he is in episode 6. The character growth was Yelena and Kate.

I hear you and don’t disagree.

Though with that said….. Loki, Shang Chi, Black Widow, SNWH, Dr Strange 2, Ms Marvel ended with an escalation (just to name a few).

I think some of the ripples we’ll see over time as they progress over the course of the Phases.

Only a few have been revealed sooner and directly from project to project like say BWdw to HEye, WV and SNWH to DrS2 and Loki

Also Hawkeye was passing the torch, Kate IS Hawkeye

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
This is way off base lol, especially right now.

One of the biggest complaints from some MCU fans is that Multiverse of madness is "too Rami", Love and Thunder is "too Taika" and Eternals, which I thought was great is a Chloe Zhao movie through and through, just with Marvel characters and it was polarizing.

A lot of these same fans want to rewind the clock, bring back the look and feel of the "made by commitee" movies that were too safe and covered all the bases. Directors have more leeway at Marvel right now than they've ever had, with the TV shows too.
Strong points raised. Maybe they do need a stronger hand:ehh:

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
This was not the consensus in real time :mjlol:.

The first Thor only suddenly became "trash" retroactively after Thor The Dark World came out :mjlol:

Because Edward Norton fell out with Marvel and had to be fired :dahell:

and even with that Banner in The Avengers is a continuation from The Bruce Banner in The Incredible Hulk. The Hulk just now looks likes Mark Ruffalo instead of Norton and Ruffalo just added his mannerisms to the Bruce Banner character.

No one would have cared if half of the movies were perceived as mid to trash as you tried to claim.

Marvel was not established at this point.
Idc what the consensus was at the time we're talking about if it's a good movie or not and that shyt is ass :mjlol: first time I saw it I knew it was ass maybe yall were just slow and lost in the hype of a developing MCU :usure: if that movie came out now my GAWD would yall shyt on it :heh:

People got lost in the sauce of a developing MCU and the potential for a whole new thing. The excitement over MCU potential made up for some movies being bad. Also there were enough good movies like Iron Man 1, Cap 1 to carry hype into actual Avengers which just broke people's minds off a crossover event alone. Phase 1 had the benefit of simply being phase 1, nothing before had been like it, but if we're actually going movie v. movie I don't think phase 1's films are actually better than phase 4's

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I keep hearing Thor 1 is trash; and I'm getting ready to watch it :aicmon:

No Way Home is not a classic. You should get banned for this breh. False advertising.
NWH is a classic breh, yall hate to give shyt its flowers. Looking back it'll be seen as one of the easy peak moments of the MCU
Thor 1 is ass. I warned you, but go for it if you want

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
It’s combination of a lot of things
  • Hive minded hate and thinking from a small but loudest minority that want them to fail
  • People who have these insanely high expectations that realistically can’t be met
  • People that mad this movie wasn’t made specifically for them so they rebel
  • Opps trolling, attacking and piling on when they think they see opportunity.
  • Exaggeration

Not saying it’s all but any combination with some folks and not saying the person you specifically are discussing with but in general
I think some people also just have Marvel/superhero fatigue, and that I can't blame them for. Some movies aren't getting a fair shot because of it which is a shame, but I understand it and I think a lot of people just haven't realized that yet

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
it can’t be phase one.

they already built the foundation. That’s like building a foundation on top of a house/foundation you already made without destroying it.

the whole point if being in phase 4 is to hit the ground running because of phase 1-3.

We’ve had characters repeating beats a lot. Sam took the shield and then took 6 episodes to take the shield again? Wanda went through her grief and unleashed it on a whole town then unleashed it on a girl and Strange? Spider-Man learned the lesson of Spider-Man again?Moon knight is disconnecte? What is Eternals?

This.. Because of Infinity War & Endgame. You can't just do the same exact formula of starting from the beginning. Nobody is trying to wait 10 yrs for the next Infinity War. Phase 4 needs to tie things together alittle quicker.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I think some people also just have Marvel/superhero fatigue, and that I can't blame them for. Some movies aren't getting a fair shot because of it which is a shame, but I understand it and I think a lot of people just haven't realized that yet

I don’t know….. I hear that from time to time and just find that excuse weird. And I could really blow that logic up but will stick to the current discussion