Russos need Marvel, Marvel needs the Russos. Both have taken L's since they've been away from each other.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Phase 4 has been sloppy. Too much worrying about setting up other characters instead of telling a good story. Phase 1 had great stories. That's the reason those films are rewatchable.

Let's tell the truth. Out of the Phase 4 films which ones can you actually sit through and watch again? For me Shang Chi. Only one that stands by itself, as the story is the most solid out of these phase 4 movies.

No Way Home doesn't hold up outside of a hyped cinema crowd. Dr Strange was such a messy disappointment, Thor was enjoyable enough, but I'd be in no rush to watch it again. Unless it was the alleged 4 hr cut.

The danger for Marvel is they'll still make money, but like what's happened with the TV shows people feel they can easily miss them and not miss anything important. When that starts happening with the movies wholesale you may start to have a problem.

Last edited:

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I don't think the MCU is in danger of a collapse, but I've said many times before this phase isn't as good as the others. It's not like phase 1, whatsoever...that's just fanboy talk. Phase 1 had a clear establishment of core characters and story direction.

I think there's 3 overarching problems with phase 4:
  • Too many characters/lack of a predominant lead character or characters.
    • This is why I think it was a mistake not to recast T'Challa. I think it was supposed to be his, Captain Marvel, and Dr. Strange's show.
  • Conflicting and confusing logic. There's too much to follow to understand what's going on even when you watch every program.
  • Overarching story progression. We're building to Secret Wars but it's in a meandering and unfocused way. Kang I'm assuming will be the antagonist in this scenario, but there's been no indication of it within the narrative.
I think the Russos are good action directors who can't do well on their own because the stories outside of the MCU aren't that compelling.

I trust Feige's vision, but the MCU is too large right now for one man to control all of that continuity. However, having one person's vision made the arcs more coherent.

Considering the MCU is so bloviated right now; I get anything MCU prints money; I think the Russos should be EP's along with Feige on every Marvel project. Not to sound corny, but the Russo's understand the assignment. They could help guide what ultimately will push the universe forward while still telling compelling stories.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Going back on I that post where buddy said “some people are hating Phase 4 cuz Marvel been too hands off and letting Taika be too Taika, Chloe be too Chloe and Raimi be too Raimi.

Well I guess I got some bad new for y’all with Deadpool 3:mjlol:

Unfiltered Ryan Reynolds finna have y’all rescind all y’all fake complaints and do some “revisionist history” shyt a few years from now :pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:

Phase 4 gonna look like a Cap 2 and Infinity War when he’s done :heh::heh:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

Going back on I that post where buddy said “some people are hating Phase 4 cuz Marvel been too hands off and letting Taika be too Taika, Chloe be too Chloe and Raimi be too Raimi.

Well I guess I got some bad new for y’all with Deadpool 3:mjlol:

Unfiltered Ryan Reynolds finna have y’all rescind all y’all fake complaints and do some “revisionist history” shyt a few years from now :pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:

Phase 4 gonna look like a Cap 2 and Infinity War when he’s done :heh::heh:
i was told as long as it's rated r it can do no wrong
all good here :pachaha::troll:

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Phase 4 is stinks…the shows…the movies…this is what happens when u blow ur load with the big names u get left with shang chi and ms marvel

😂😂😂😂😂

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Phase 4 is supposed to be sorta like Phase 1 again, and tbh it's probably better than Phase 1. People are just sick of Marvel(understandably)

Phase 1:
Iron Man 1 - Classic
Hulk - Trash
Iron Man 2 - Meh
Thor - Trash
Captain America 1 - Good
The Avengers - Great

Phase 4:
Shang-Chi - Good
Eternals - Meh
No Way Home - Classic
Multiverse of Madness - Meh
Thor Love and Thunder - Good

And we still have BP2, Guardians 3, and more otw

Iron Man - classic
Hulk - meh
Iron Man 2 - decent, not great
Cap 1 - good
Thor - good
Avengers - classic

Black Widow - trash
Shang Chi - good
Eternals - good, unfairly criticized
No Way Home - very good
MOM - good
TLAT - meh

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I'm hoping guardians 3 can restore the feelings,.. right now we supposed to be getting kang the conqueror and all the new movies are disjointed asf...:picard: