Run The Damn Ball Kyle!!! 2020 49ers Offseason Thread.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If y'all go dline at 13 that gonna make y'all mad like you coulda just kept Buckner then who you know who he is?

Or do u think Buckner wasn't resigning at any cost?

Buckner’s great but he was out of our price range. His 2020 cap hit is $23M. If we would’ve extended him to what he ended up getting from the Colts, we’d have even more holes on the roster and less draft capital

That said, I’d prefer not to go DL at 13. That player would end up getting unfairly compared to DeFo his whole 49ers career by a lot of fans :mjlol:

sidenikkagawd

We want all the smoke
Daps
Buckner’s great but he was out of our price range. His 2020 cap hit is $23M. If we would’ve extended him to what he ended up getting from the Colts, we’d have even more holes on the roster and less draft capital

That said, I’d prefer not to go DL at 13. That player would end up getting unfairly compared to DeFo his whole 49ers career by a lot of fans :mjlol:

If Derrick Brown somehow slipped to 13 I think it's a no brainer.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
If y'all go dline at 13 that gonna make y'all mad like you coulda just kept Buckner then who you know who he is?

Dude wanted Aaron Donald money, and as much as I like him, it's not worth it especially when have to sign guys like Kittle and McGlinchey and other guys in the future. If Kinlaw falls to us at 13 I would be ok with it even though I'd rather draft a WR or Tackle. Otherwide we have to get production from the rest of the committee. We have a line full of 1st and 2nd round picks some of these guys (Solomon Thomas especially) have to step up. So getting pick 13 was a preemptive move knowinng we weren't going to gut one side of the ball or another to keep him.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I see what you’re saying breh

I just think interior DL can wait until day 2. But we’ll see what happens
DT class seems a bit weak in terms of depth. WR depth is off the charts tho. first round is OT heavy.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

Buckner did want a lot of money, but on other hand he deserved it. He missed like one game over his career, and when we sucked he never left plays on the field. Plus hes ultra talented and versatile.

Picking DL at 13 means acknowledging that he was a huge part of the dline and that we couldnt afford him. Picking a WR means we keep investing in WRs and unlike the DL, aside from Deebo, not much to show there IMO. pettis is a 2nd round bust, hurd has yet to play a real snap and not sure he will anytime soon, sanders was a good rental, but a rental for a 3rd and 4th rounders nonetheless.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Dude wanted Aaron Donald money, and as much as I like him, it's not worth it especially when have to sign guys like Kittle and McGlinchey and other guys in the future. If Kinlaw falls to us at 13 I would be ok with it even though I'd rather draft a WR or Tackle. Otherwide we have to get production from the rest of the committee. We have a line full of 1st and 2nd round picks some of these guys (Solomon Thomas especially) have to step up. So getting pick 13 was a preemptive move knowinng we weren't going to gut one side of the ball or another to keep him.
Did details on armstead deal come out? Cuz it doesn't seem y'all paid a whole lot less and Buckner was the way better player for sure

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He was resigning for the right cost, I would of gave him the money. You keep your dimes and replace the rest. He was the anchor on defense getting doubled on every play so everybody else can shine. It’s stupid to trade a player in his prime over money, just stupid. Cut whoever else you need, keep your dimes!

:manny:

:stillFUKINGmad:

khross415

All Star
Daps
Armstead deal was considerably less then Buckner , I cant fault them for feeling he can duplicate what he did this past year. Its the injuries that scare me , if Derrick Brown is there at 13 9ers somehow im pretty sure thats who they gonna take. All that inside running game shyt against us would come to a halt

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Did details on armstead deal come out? Cuz it doesn't seem y'all paid a whole lot less and Buckner was the way better player for sure

Armsteads deal is about 20 mil cheaper and we can cut after year 3 without taking much of a cap hit.

Plus he likes being in the bay. Thats why I thought maybe the Seahawks make an offer because he wants to stay in the Bay/Pacific NW. He's an 49ers ambassador and is very heavy in the community. Kinda like Russel he visits hospitals on the low and he took some of his salary to buy affordable housing for people in the Bay.