Run The Damn Ball Kyle!!! 2020 49ers Offseason Thread.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I don't see anything Ruggs can do that Deebo can't. IMO he's a slant/bubble screen/gadget guy. People seem to be penning him in as a deep threat like Tyreek but that's not been his game and that's not our offense.

I see John Ross written on Ruggs :francis:

We need to replace what Sanders was giving us, intermediate-to-deep route running and separation. I see Jeudy as filling that role best.

Ruggs is tougher than your average speedster. But his speed on the field is blazing fast he blows the top off our offense helping Deebo and Kittle among others. Kyle could make plays for him and he can make plays himself. Yes I would prefer Juedy and Lamb but he fits a need too from a WR standpoint.

Worst caseTee Higgins will be there at 31.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
the deep threat thing is overrated, especially in this offense. goodwin was a deep threat and jimmy couldnt get him the ball while cj or muellens were able to sometimes on bombs.

it is what it is, you dont need deep ball to succeed, but the THREAT of a deep ball is overrated too if teams know you rarely hit it.

the only deep ball I remember us hitting on was to sanders in the second rams game this year

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the deep threat thing is overrated, especially in this offense. goodwin was a deep threat and jimmy couldnt get him the ball while cj or muellens were able to sometimes on bombs.

it is what it is, you dont need deep ball to succeed, but the THREAT of a deep ball is overrated too if teams know you rarely hit it.

the only deep ball I remember us hitting on was to sanders in the second rams game this year
You need a deep threat, kc’s mediocre defense exposed them in the super bowl. They crashed on every run play and dared the niners to beat them deep. Beyond the Deebo reverses the run offense was terrible

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
You need a deep threat, kc’s mediocre defense exposed them in the super bowl. They crashed on every run play and dared the niners to beat them deep. Beyond the Deebo reverses the run offense was terrible
this is nonsense, run game was doing well and we faced stacked boxes all year and in the playoffs.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
even in 2017 when he was catching everything, it wasnt deep balls from jimmy. it was from other qbs

True, but I think that was before he had all that personal shyt happen to him. It’s just seems like he ain’t the same.

Truth be told, I really wouldn’t be mad if they gave him another year. But if they feel they can get something better or he don’t fit with this team anymore. Than I guess it is what it is

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
True, but I think that was before he had all that personal shyt happen to him. It’s just seems like he ain’t the same.

Truth be told, I really wouldn’t be mad if they gave him another year. But if they feel they can get something better or he don’t fit with this team anymore. Than I guess it is what it is
I dont mind drafting to our strengths, but picking a WR at 13 whos reliant on speed and deep routes is the opposite of that imo...this is why Id rather I get a WR better suited for our offense, a surefire DT beast like Kinlaw or trade down. Tackle I guess still in play but since we dont know anything about Staleys plans it's tough to gauge.

khross415

All Star
Daps
this is nonsense, run game was doing well and we faced stacked boxes all year and in the playoffs.

because we lost bruhs gonna hold onto that bullshyt narrative. honestly the run game wasnt getting stopped and held up for loss of yards and the passes were still there to be made. Jimmy ass missed fukkin Kittle of all people wide open on multiple throws. A deep threat aint gonna do shyt but have Jimmy taking even more sacks and missing on the deep outs.

khross415

All Star
Daps
I rather get someone who gonna do something after the catch because i dont want Jimmy doing more then he needs to next year

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

Ruggs has way better hands than Goodwin, yes he is a deep threat but he is fundamentally sound as a receiver. He actually doesn't shy away from contact and has made contested catches and doesn't miss in space and rarely contested.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

Drunk Scott really did it for us, brehs
full

Bruh I remember people on the 49ers team board laughing at this pick and I was 'just you see man'.

Dude's voice and conviction just made you want to believe in him. Like even if he had no legs, he would run with his torso and make things happen.

He just had that type of personality.