Rotimi says being wealthy in Africa is better than being rich in America. Says even the air is better than American air.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Your semi illiterate ass telling anyone to learn to read is comedy. Finished cat in the hat yet, tumbleweed?

To spell it out for you. I’m showing you that the very basis of Jazz rhythm comes from African rhythm.

Jazz rhythm is the meeting between/balance between the African 6/8 and European Jig concepts/traditions into a unique Afram type of rhythm

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Africa has its on set of problems

But there is a beautiful peace of not dealing with racism because everyone is black :wow: it's like that short vacation, racism doesn't exist, it gives Peace to my soul

Every time I go to Africa, that short time I'm among 99% black people & I love it

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
It is what it is. America is the best we’ve got. I’d rather deal with the problems we have here than the ones in Africa. :yeshrug:
Yeah......America is definitely not the *best* we've got.

Because any Black country that's relatively stable would be a better home than the US. And the reason is the determined obstructionism by whites here.

Because nothing built here will be allowed to last by them. Not businesses, not neighborhoods, not generational wealth of any kind. And pathetically you still have in 2022 Black people marching in the streets to be treated with the bare minimum respect and don't realize that it's futile.

They also still think proximity to whiteness, even serving up their own children to be tormented by white teachers in white schools, is a measurement of progress instead of understanding that it only shows their defeat.

And that's why Garvey was right about Black Americans being useless here and in Africa and why he was opposed to mass migration. Because virtually outside of maybe 5% of Black Americans who are truly pro-Black, most want to be white in every way. They run to white schools, white neighborhoods, refuse to start Black businesses while complaining about racism at non-Black ones. And via Christianity they even worship a white man who was either Black or had no race to begin with.

So if they go to the continent they'll take their whiteness there refusing to integrate but instead act like white people in Blackface. So it's better if they stay here and continue trying to fit in where they never will.

Last edited:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Not really controversial to me and I feel like you can substitute like 100 different countries and the statement would be true
Being rich in Costa Rica >>>> being rich in America
Being rich in Bali >>>> being rich in America
Being rich in Nigeria >>>> being rich in America
Uh duh, especially if by "being rich" you mean rich by American standards

Back a couple years ago I was watching videos of JT the Bigga Figga because he moved to Burkina Faso and was talking about life there, etc. Saw some other american expat in west africa videos and a common theme was them getting hated on and finessed by locals and how to avoid it. We paint these pictures about going back to africa balling and don't really consider the other ramifications or how the locals feel about outsiders exerting financial power over them

Sir ZDuke

All Star
Daps
Jazz rhythm is the meeting between/balance between the African 6/8 and European Jig concepts/traditions into a unique Afram type of rhythm

So in other words, I can take Jazz as a genre and break it down into two components( 6/8 African rhythms, Irish jig concepts). I can agree that Jazz is unique, but it is not an independent genre, since it only exists because of the amalgamation of those two components

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Rich hoe babble. Anywhere is great when you got money.

1. Beautiful friendly people. The women look amazing. There’s a dime in every shot. Also, can’t imagine so many Americans being crowded together in a single space and shyt not popping off.

2. It’s filthy, poor infrastructure and people hustling out in the open from sun up to sun down just to be able to afford food for the next day.

Instead of Rotisserie putting down ados he should use his money to boost Africans so the talk of the air being cleaner isn’t just hoe babble

15:00 brehs pretending things made in Nigeria are made in China and India because “it’s higher quality”.

Some of yall be saying the dumbest shyt.

Rotimi don't got no real money, he ain't got white man's money to make a realistic change. He ain't even got elite soccer player money, he got typical Black entertainer who's probably between 700k to 1m range. That's not any money to make any serious changes for even a small village much less a metropolitan like Lagos.

Thecoli full of stupid nikkas. Goofy nikkas saying go back, go back to Chiraq. You can't even fix O Block, why you asking nikkas who Black in a system of white supremacy to fix a white controlled country. The British run Nigeria with an iron fist with the US help. They only removed themselves from responsibility of taking care of the people, not of taking the resources and using it as their own.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
So in other words, I can take Jazz as a genre and break it down into two components( 6/8 African rhythms, Irish jig concepts). I can agree that Jazz is unique,

Nah, it's much more complex than that but in really simple terms: Jazz is african rhythm vs European harmony but even that doesn't accurately describe jazz

but it is not an independent genre, since it only exists because of the amalgamation of those two components

it's definitely an independent genre because a form like it never existed prior.

When euros first heard jazz, they thought the afram musicians had trick instruments as they wondered how were they producing those sounds:mjgrin:

CMzZXez.png

jazz was so different, that it couldn't be properly notated

HCCdRaU.png

Africans were like:jbhmm::why::leon::damn: as they first heard the distinct afram drumming and wondered how they were producing the sounds of numerous drummers; only to later learn, that Aframs had invented the drum kit and a 4 limb independent polyrhythmic style to go with it that they never saw/heard before:youngsabo:

h30quk9.png

h3hoLza.png

Last edited:

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman

I suggest you don’t read the comments.

I never been to the continent. It’s on my bucket list. I would love to smell the air from the cradle of civilization.

Some random ass niggga tells you some shyt like this and it’s worth a listen?

How much money you wanna bet he spends most of his time in the United States of America?

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Having a maid is only a problem if u plan of using her like an animal which is what most people would do. A maid u pay well and u treat well will bless you with joy in her heart.
Yea here in the US we see being a maid as derogatory but I’m pretty sure they see it as earning a living the same as any other job. Saying u don’t want a maid there when u can afford to pay one well might sound like the “right” thing to do but ultimately you’re just stopping someone from making a living.

I always knew who the richest was. I used to be obsessed with becoming wealthy till I started moving in circles with wealthy people and man, shyt wasn't as sweet as it looks
What you mean? :feedme:
A friend of mine was just freed for ransom in Nigeria last week. His fam was shytting bricks until they got that call.
How much was his ransom? :gucci:

Does that happen often to foreigners? Particularly black Americans?
saw drivers in ethiopia making ~25 dollars a month + tips.

salaries in romania (~14K pp p/a gdp) blue collar low skills work are around 300 - 400 eur after tax for those in bucharest. graduates in tech can start at 700 eur after tax.

now look at the poorer african nations with gdp pp p/a of less than 500 pounds.

Screenshot-2022-07-31-at-14-08-45.png

also OP isn't quite true, due to medical care.
Is medical care in Africa really that bad?

And to everyone participating in these stupid ass diaspora wars

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nah, it's much more complex than that but in really simple terms: Jazz is african rhythm vs European harmony but even that doesn't accurately describe jazz

it's definitely an independent genre because a form like it never existed prior.

When euros first heard jazz, they thought the afram musicians had trick instruments as they wondered how were they producing those sounds:mjgrin:

CMzZXez.png

jazz was so different, that it couldn't be properly notated

HCCdRaU.png

Africans were like:jbhmm::why::leon::damn: as they first heard the distinct afram drumming and wondered how they were producing the sounds of numerous drummers; only to later learn, that Aframs had invented the drum kit and a 4 limb interdependent polyrhythmic style to go with it that they never saw/heard before:youngsabo:

h30quk9.png

h3hoLza.png
They need to make a movie about African Americans going to Europe during world war 1 and turning the place out

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
lol how tf did this do 19 pages? you guys need to stop getting triggered over the dumbest shyt

There's nothing to argue about, Places can be good or bad depending on your money. But on the coli, people don't' argue points they argue identiy which is kind of reminds of how tumblr was.