Rosenberg Gets Props For Dissin Nicki But Benzino Is Hated For Stating The Obvious

Peter Pawger

Spider-Member
Daps
Benzino Had alterior motives... He didn't really care about racism that fakkit is half cac

profound

technique
Daps
You gotta be incredibly stupid to get me attacking Benzino mixed up with me defending Eminem.

sure, cuz it isnt logical to see a similarity with whites defending eminem and attacking benzino :childplease:

I see misguided people like you praising Benzino as some kind of hip-hop champion, so I'm focusing on that.

beyond saying what benzino did was necessary and im thankful it happened that way, how have I praised benzino as ''some kind of hh champion''? prove it or stick to reality.

Since you have trouble reading, let me say this again. Benzino should've handed the tape off to someone else. Meaning, someone who didn't have an ulterior motive

until u name some outlet that would have shed more or the same amount of light on the tapes and eminems racist past than benzino did, how could u say he should have handed it to somebody else? because u werent comfortable with that much heat on your :cac:, thats all.

"ah well, Em ain't really that bad, we should work together!".

u seem to have a problem with honesty...

It don't matter if it was 3-4 years later, or 10 years later, he back peddled like a motherfukker.

back pedaling is eminem begging benzino to fist fight, twice, then having his manager cop pleas when benzino said he's ready. back pedaling is making mock funerals for music videos in an attempt to stop the violence he was just wanting so much. back pedaling is saying ''i dont like that n*gger shyt'' then putting a du rag on.

ur dumb ass should take the 30 seconds to finally find everything benzino *actually* said in that interview, then move forward. right now making shyt up gets u nowhere.

Again, he should've handed the tape off to literally anyone else, who would actually be taken seriously.

what would the listener hear from a racist tape from another mag but the same rapper, that they didnt hear from the source? other outlets had the info and only cared to post eminems ''i was 16/'african american' gf made me do it' bullshyt. so tell me who was ideal to handle that over the Source? be exact.

And if you're actually still catching feelings from some shyt I said to you on SOHH only God knows how long ago, you need to examine your priorities in life. Because honestly I don't even remember you from SOHH, nor any kind of argument we got into, least of all about Eminem, a rapper several people can vouch that I never really talk about, or even like.

no need to deflect, :cac:

i was just answering wacky's post. he thought u happened to not like eminem while happening to always stumble into defending him because u were confused or stupid, i just explained the thread where u got :mad: posting gifs then could only manage a fallacy to debate things, so it wasnt likely u were just dumb, but more likely you were doing what u felt u had to do, despite facts.

i didnt catch feelings, i sonned u and u couldnt reply. too :old: to remember shyt less than a year ago? not my fault. think my memory of shyt less than a year old = i caught feelings? :laff: go ahead, deflect away.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Here's why the Benzino shyt was never taken seriously...

BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE WHO WEREN'T IDIOTS KNEW THAT THIS WAS ALL A PERSONAL AGENDA AND PUBLICITY STUNT.

Benzino, owner of a magazine that had fallen out with an artist, turned this magazine as a vehicle to push this agenda. The same magazine that was the first national publication to sing that artist's praises before he was even signed. The same magazine that told everyone he was dope by quoting his lyrics and running articles on him. The same magazine that gave his albums good ratings and considered him to be one of the best of his era.

Suddenly, and in a matter of months after they ran a cover story on this artist, he becomes the poisonous, cancerous sore that is damaging and killing hip-hop?

You can see the hypocrisy in the agenda, and then you add that to an aging rapper who had gotten like 20 record deals and never made more than 2 semi-hit records, who JUST HAPPENED to have an album coming out... who all at once was promoting his rivalry with Eminem and this album... while Eminm is arguably at the peak of his own popularity... the shyt had "marketing ploy" written all over it.

I think if it had come from a different source, no pun intended, it would've been taken more seriously. But to see it coming from someone who'd bigged him up for 4 years straight until that point... you knew it had nothing to do with their "he's ruining hip-hop" message.

thats what im saying. shooting the messenger instead of worrying about what really matters.:whistle:

and for the record, the opinions of the source was never reflective of the opinions of benzino. otherwise alot of things wouldve been different. ive seen art*tsts that benzino was a fan of get screwed out of mics and vice-versa. and it should also be noted that while eminem was given props from the source, they rarely went overboard with it like other media outlets, hence eminem getting mad because they never overhyped his albums before the benzino beef.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
benzino didnt say anything that people on the streets or the internet werent already saying. and i honestly cant remember any lines from benzino's disses aside from the "if you were black, you'd be cannibus" line which was TRUE.

i think the fact that people were more worried about the messenger and also the fact that they didnt like benzino as a rapper, is why the overall message got lost. when you bring this up to younger heads or downright silly individuals, the 1st thing they say is that "benzino cant rap". nevermind the fact that most of his statements were off-wax.

this is false.

MMLP got 3 1/2 mics(which is what it was worth at the time) and he won 2 source awards that summer, includling lyricist of the year; which he didnt deserve considering that he didnt even drop an album within the deadline. the source didnt do eminem dirty leading up to the benzino beef at all.

what is benzino doing now? he and dave mayes own the biggest rap magazine in the world right now. hip-hop weekly came out and pretty much instantly surpassed the source, xxl, etc.

nobody is ignoring anything. youre not making any points whatsoever. benzino never said that eminem was wack.

i think some of you need to go back, do some research, and actually read what was being said so that you can get an understanding of what was going on.

I have never heard of that mag until now.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
^what does that matter? its been the highest selling hip-hop mag for years now.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
instead of focusing on the message, we focus on shooting the messenger. so what if you dont like dude. who cares?

and the end result, yall are stuck watching BET crown eminem as the hottest rapper of the decade. a station that didnt even mess with his music like that. and all types of other f*ckery because you dont like benzino's raps, as if thats even his day job to begin with.
Breh, don't waste your time. The Booth is 98% white and these dudes are going to ride for their own. Let Nas do what Em did at the MTV awards with a man putting his ass in his face and it'd still be what he's known for to this day.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
some observations from this thread:
- lol @ all these people completely ignoring all the facts that were brought to the table by benzino & company. instead, these dudes in here are rushing to diss benzino.
- lol @ people trying to make an issue out of "credibility" as if paul rosenberg has any.
- smh @ all the heat that the source gets on here for simply stating the obvious. meanwhile, the XXL turning into "Aftermath Monthly" goes un-noticed.
:usure:

the booth isnt 98% white. :childplease:

its majority white tho. and it doesnt help that at least 70% of the black posters here tend to either be c00ns or wierdos.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Here's why the Benzino shyt was never taken seriously...

BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE WHO WEREN'T IDIOTS KNEW THAT THIS WAS ALL A PERSONAL AGENDA AND PUBLICITY STUNT.

Benzino, owner of a magazine that had fallen out with an artist, turned this magazine as a vehicle to push this agenda. The same magazine that was the first national publication to sing that artist's praises before he was even signed. The same magazine that told everyone he was dope by quoting his lyrics and running articles on him. The same magazine that gave his albums good ratings and considered him to be one of the best of his era.

Suddenly, and in a matter of months after they ran a cover story on this artist, he becomes the poisonous, cancerous sore that is damaging and killing hip-hop?

You can see the hypocrisy in the agenda, and then you add that to an aging rapper who had gotten like 20 record deals and never made more than 2 semi-hit records, who JUST HAPPENED to have an album coming out... who all at once was promoting his rivalry with Eminem and this album... while Eminm is arguably at the peak of his own popularity... the shyt had "marketing ploy" written all over it.

I think if it had come from a different source, no pun intended, it would've been taken more seriously. But to see it coming from someone who'd bigged him up for 4 years straight until that point... you knew it had nothing to do with their "he's ruining hip-hop" message.

this

BAMBINO

100% pure uncut fukkery
Daps
Reppin
CHI-Town

Sunzoo is heeeeerree!!! :myman:

2799730_o.gif

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i knew this thread would smoke sunzoo's a$$ out.:facepalm:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
maybe the fact that i wasn't even all em'd out at all when Benzino tried this stunt informs my opinion.

i simply saw it as a wannabee mc, who punked a whiteboy from his hoetown out of THE rap mag at the time, flexing the only muscle he had to shoot at relevance.

like, to me, i at least repsected Eminem as an artist. yeah his records were on some goofball shyt but i still wanted to at the very least here them shyts.

this Benzino was a cancerous, stage 5 clinger. he'd have NO problem propping up malicious acts who co signed his agenda and it was cool because that's black money? is it really black money?

and he's a sucker.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
"20 shades lighter motherfukker you'd be Canibus"

a false and shortsighted observation that also tears down an MC that could have used his mags help.....ya know....for hip hop's sake, right?

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
I don't know/care about all that Benzino nonsense, but Nicki Minaj is a poor excuse for an artist and I'm glad somebody called her out. Even if it was a white person that had to do it.