Rosenberg Gets Props For Dissin Nicki But Benzino Is Hated For Stating The Obvious

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
instead of focusing on the message, we focus on shooting the messenger. so what if you dont like dude. who cares?

and the end result, yall are stuck watching BET crown eminem as the hottest rapper of the decade. a station that didnt even mess with his music like that. and all types of other f*ckery because you dont like benzino's raps, as if thats even his day job to begin with.

Benzino was every bit as harmful to the climate of hip hop as the Eminem/Elvis angle sans actual skills though.

and rapping WAS his day job. until he failed. even after giving himself 4 1/2 mics and trying to bribe artists for features and production.

fukk Benzino.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
instead of focusing on the message, we focus on shooting the messenger. so what if you dont like dude. who cares?

and the end result, yall are stuck watching BET crown eminem as the hottest rapper of the decade. a station that didnt even mess with his music like that. and all types of other f*ckery because you dont like benzino's raps, as if thats even his day job to begin with.

eminem is a beast, nothing else matter fam. none of what benzino had to say negates the fact that eminem is dope, you just gotta accept that. all the "eminem is a mockery of the culture" "eminem hates black women" "interscope records are slave owners" talk gets trumped by the simple fact that the kid is contributing dopeness to the culture, thats all anybody cares about, the music. not to mention you do have to consider the source in this case, you can't just ignore who it is saying this stuff. Benzino had nothing bad to say about Eminem until Eminem refused to chat with him because he didn't like how they rated his album. once eminem played him somehow eminem became the worst thing that ever happened to hip hop. really benzino? :flabbynsick:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
what the hell has benzino done thats anywhere near as harmful as the iovine machine?

and youre the same guy that will be the 1st to say that eminem's best albums are nothing special. but youre too busy shooting the messenger to realize that youre in agreement.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
eminem is a beast, nothing else matter fam. none of what benzino had to say negates the fact that eminem is dope, you just gotta accept that. all the "eminem is a mockery of the culture" "eminem hates black women" "interscope records are slave owners" talk gets trumped by the simple fact that the kid is contributing dopeness to the culture, thats all anybody cares about, the music. not to mention you do have to consider the source in this case, you can't just ignore who it is saying this stuff. Benzino had nothing bad to say about Eminem until Eminem refused to chat with him because he didn't like how they rated his album. once eminem played him somehow eminem became the worst thing that ever happened to hip hop. really benzino? :flabbynsick:

its not about eminem being dope. and lets not butter it up like he ever contributed anything to the culture.

i think you see the bigger picture and youre just playing dumb because you like eminem so i'll just leave it at that.

i could care less what the motive was. the bottom line is that somebody needed to speak up and benzino did, and risked his whole livelihood dong so. so at the end of the day, i respect him. i could care less about all this childish chit niccas is talking in here that has nothing to do with nothing. im a realist.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its not about eminem being dope. and lets not butter it up like he ever contributed anything to the culture.

i think you see the bigger picture and youre just playing dumb because you like eminem so i'll just leave it at that.

i could care less what the motive was. the bottom line is that somebody needed to speak up and benzino did, and risked his whole livelihood dong so. so at the end of the day, i respect him. i could care less about all this childish chit niccas is talking in here that has nothing to do with nothing. im a realist.

lol @ "risked his whole livelihood". what livelihood? he himself said time and time again during that beef "yall cant damage my career". he dont make no money off music, he aint risk a damn thing. he was hoping to start a career off of being a fake ass pseudo revolutionary for the "cause", smh, and as was expected he failed miserably and got his ass flame broiled lyrically in the process. oh, and lets not forget how benzino really got his position at the source, haha, he dont wanna bring that up

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
Benzino is a legend and has more heart then ya favorite rapper....he ain't even black and had sumthing to say...meanwhile his peers wuz coppin please callin for features and beats......he wuz ridin...this goes back to me pointing out how quik nikkas are to defend these white people like vnasty,gweneth paltrow,eminem...I wish more people would just confess they white on here so we can know how seriously we should take their opinions on race shyt and eminem....I know folks is quik to throw black rappers to the wolves and laugh when they go to jail before even knowing the facts:ohhh: sumthings wrong with that

Co mother fukkin sign

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Except for the part after the "beef" when Benzino said he wanted to work with Eminem because "he's just part of the machine, not the actual machine itself" or whatever bullshyt excuse he used to back peddle like crazy.

Benzino is a clown, and he should've handed that racist tape off to someone else. Instead he tried to use it to blow up his rap career, failed, then tried to work with Eminem.

Fred.

Handed it off to who?who with credibility in the game would've done anything with those tapes?:snoop: I wuz ashamed of these nikkas who didn't back benzino..gave a lot of them cats shine in his magazine,matter fact made ALL of em hot with his magazine and what they do? Go to the competetions magazine and downplay everything benzino wuz doin...they took sides in the war and it wuz the side of the guy who never helped they career,and wuz caught on record bein racist...I don't care if eminem can rap what that got to do with anything...I've seen better rappers take heat for less...seen better rappers take more heat for songs not nearly as bad as these eminem songs posted in this thread....Cube gets more hate for makin kids movies then Em gets for racist tapes,think about that for a second.....its in the mindstate of a lot of hiphop fans to protect white hiphop artist and fans subconciously I think....they view white people as visitors and don't feel comfortable keepin it real,they wanna be ambasadors for whites and will shuck and jive to be just that.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Im black and i feel benzino chose the wrong person and the wrong battle to rally with. What you call heart i call exploiting the fact that he was trying to keep his name relevant. There was no social issue he was rallying around at all, he was simply making every attempt to be socially relevant while putting his album out.

All the while running my fav magazine into the fukking ground. Alot of yall just ride with that dude because em's whiteness still bothers you. Get over that shyt. Call me a c00n, call me whatever, but Benzino trying to remain relevant gets no respect from me.

Not to mention, bigging up hip hop weekly? That pathetic gossip rag? thats what its come down to? Come on.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im black and i feel benzino chose the wrong person and the wrong battle to rally with. What you call heart i call exploiting the fact that he was trying to keep his name relevant. There was no social issue he was rallying around at all, he was simply making every attempt to be socially relevant while putting his album out.

All the while running my fav magazine into the fukking ground. Alot of yall just ride with that dude because em's whiteness still bothers you. Get over that shyt. Call me a c00n, call me whatever, but Benzino trying to remain relevant gets no respect from me.

Not to mention, bigging up hip hop weekly? That pathetic gossip rag? thats what its come down to? Come on.

Good article on the main page btw...but :childplease: u way off if u think Benzino actually thought he could beat Eminem and 50 who just ja ruled ja rule at that time lol...he wuz just sayin what had to be said bcuz EVERY other black media outlet swept it under the rug completely so not to upset the machine...probaly moreso bcuz they wanted to maintain access to 50 more then they cared about Eminem,but em was 50s boss...I think his intention wuz just to check Eminem,he knew he couldn't win goin in with the general public overall but probaly thought the hiphop/black community would at least have his back.

profound

technique
Daps
Except for the part after the "beef" when Benzino said he wanted to work with Eminem because "he's just part of the machine, not the actual machine itself" or whatever bullshyt excuse he used to back peddle like crazy.

eminem clearly waved the white flag in '04, benzino made those comments (which u werent close to describing) in '07. learn your history and tell me who back pedaled.

...he should've handed that racist tape off to someone else.

like who? mtv? xxl? im sure u would have preferred that.

Instead he tried to use it to blow up his rap career, failed...

this is a red herring white people like to use about this situation. he was rapping before eminem and he was dissing eminem before the tape.

and it wouldnt matter if benzinos motivations were a childhood beef with eminem over a stolen bicycle, the fact is eminem did what he did and every outlet downplayed and defended and whitewashed, while the source provided part of the tape and opinions by actual rappers that matched with how a lot of people felt about it (not to mention the thorough investigative journalism).

if one publication goes to this extent because one of its owners already warned people the :cac: was an imposter/was already dissing him before that, and the other publications dont give a fukk but to defend eminem and k-i-m, why should anyone care about the beef? at least someone hated him enough not to brush it under the rug.

the beef not existing (or benzino being spineless) would have been pathetic for honest hip hop journalism, at a time eminem getting exposed required a serious response and discussion.

but that is obviously the way u would like it, :cac: :scusthov: