Rosenberg Gets Props For Dissin Nicki But Benzino Is Hated For Stating The Obvious

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
terrible posting night for big mel.

lol @ nicki being unattractive.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
benzino definitely had his own agenda... and his relationship with the true owner of the source Dave Mays was always suspect anyway....(can somebody speak on their relationship?)

but at the same time the points Benzino made were on point...period...cosigning notsoft and wacky d

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I never had a problem with benzino, most of the hate towards him is from eminem dikkriders. nikkaz probably couldn't recognize Benzino if they saw him on the street

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
I used to run into benzino and them made men nggs a lot in va beach when i went to norfolk st they was cool from wht i saw...i also met a few authentic boston dudes and they all respected benzino's gangsta

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Again.....:stopitslime::laff:

Dude...either you're the best troll in Hip-Hop Messageboard history, or you're totally clueless and up your own ass.

looks like youre the one doing the trolling.

beat it.

Benzino was killed by the media and the fickle 'mainstream' buying public, 10 years earlier he would have had a statue...true story

exactly. before rap fans got too comfortable and became dikkheadish.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
benzino definitely had his own agenda... and his relationship with the true owner of the source Dave Mays was always suspect anyway....(can somebody speak on their relationship?)

but at the same time the points Benzino made were on point...period...cosigning notsoft and wacky d

The thing that negates any of Benzino's points is that for the four years leading up to that sudden 'revelation' he had, he and his magazine had done nothing but big up everything Em had something to do with. It just reeked of hypocrisy... you're so concerned with Eminem 'damaging hip-hop', but six months earlier, y'all had him in a dead heat with Jay-Z for best MC of the present era (see issue no. 150)? It was a bullshyt angle and so CLEARLY a publicity move. This is why some of us are saying that literally ANYBODY but the Source woulda been a more reliable voice in the matter.

Back when The Source used to shyt on Vanilla Ice in the "good old days", it was cause they felt he was truly a fraud and a joke and an insult to the better artists who were being denied exposure. And guess what? All that shyt was true. And at the same time, that was the Source's stance almost immediately. Not after they spent years tellin' their readers how great he was.

Benzino/Dave Mays' relationship, as I've seen it described by one of the founding writers/music editors Reginald C. Dennis... is that two whiteboys started this mag in Boston. One (Jon Shecter) was a hip-hop fan who was still conscious of the fact that he was a white guy from the suburbs. The other one (Mays) was almost ashamed of it and would associate himself with anything/one opposite of that to prove how "down" he was. This led to him getting down with a crew from Boston known as the RSO, led by a dude named Ray who took advantage of him and eventually took his magazine over. Ray (with Mays as a loyal lackey) alienated the writing team, drove all the founding members out, and used it as a vehicle for his own means. Not saying that's gospel truth, but when you look at how shyt panned out... :yeshrug:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
i knew this thread would smoke sunzoo's a$$ out.:facepalm:

:mjpls:

don't flatter yourself tacky d

Sunzoo is heeeeerree!!! :myman:

2799730_o.gif

:lolbron:

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
The thing that negates any of Benzino's points is that for the four years leading up to that sudden 'revelation' he had, he and his magazine had done nothing but big up everything Em had something to do with. It just reeked of hypocrisy... you're so concerned with Eminem 'damaging hip-hop', but six months earlier, y'all had him in a dead heat with Jay-Z for best MC of the present era (see issue no. 150)? It was a bullshyt angle and so CLEARLY a publicity move. This is why some of us are saying that literally ANYBODY but the Source woulda been a more reliable voice in the matter.

Back when The Source used to shyt on Vanilla Ice in the "good old days", it was cause they felt he was truly a fraud and a joke and an insult to the better artists who were being denied exposure. And guess what? All that shyt was true. And at the same time, that was the Source's stance almost immediately. Not after they spent years tellin' their readers how great he was.

Benzino/Dave Mays' relationship, as I've seen it described by one of the founding writers/music editors Reginald C. Dennis... is that two whiteboys started this mag in Boston. One (Jon Shecter) was a hip-hop fan who was still conscious of the fact that he was a white guy from the suburbs. The other one (Mays) was almost ashamed of it and would associate himself with anything/one opposite of that to prove how "down" he was. This led to him getting down with a crew from Boston known as the RSO, led by a dude named Ray who took advantage of him and eventually took his magazine over. Ray (with Mays as a loyal lackey) alienated the writing team, drove all the founding members out, and used it as a vehicle for his own means. Not saying that's gospel truth, but when you look at how shyt panned out... :yeshrug:

Let's all just ignore this post and continue to big up Benzino :scheme: