Rockstar is light years beyond these other studios

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
But that’s exactly what I was talking about. These studios have had damn near a decade to catch up and still can’t give you a WORLD that feels complete.

When I throw on a rockstar game, it’s like the goddamn sims. I’m in that thing. I play these other games and the world is just a set piece. shyt don’t even feel realistic with the people nor my activities
U gotta understand that sans Max Payne Series, San Andreas and RDR 2. Their main storylines on game get boring kinda quick. If u not into just running around and causing havoc u not gonna have alotta fun with most Rockstar titles.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Different dev priorities. No one else is trying to make a world like that. They use their resources for other things.

Resources are finite can’t do everything at once. Just like GTA can’t do gameplay and mission structure etc as good as other games. You could flip it around and say rockstar has had all these years but still can’t get gunplay right :manny:
Max Payne 3 would like a word with u. Lol

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
U gotta understand that sans Max Payne Series, San Andreas and RDR 2. Their main storylines on game get boring kinda quick. If u not into just running around and causing havoc u not gonna have alotta fun with most Rockstar titles.
I give you that. To be honest, they are behind in storytelling. But since I do like that stuff, I never noticed how boring it would be if you were a story heavy type of player

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That character development was fukking amazing, the whole crew got developed and evolved over the course of the game hell watching Dutch decline and paranoia take over. Arthur growth and development from following and believing in all the bullshyt Dutch dropped his way his whole life to the realisation that there could be more for them out there and trying to guide John on the right path.:mjcry:

For me all of this was telegraphed so early on, I felt like for 90% of the story I was just waiting for the inevitable to happen. From the first time aurther coughed and Dutch said some dumb shyt I knew exactly where the story would end up. Also from the first moment I met Micah, I knew I would ultimately have to kill his ass.

People praise the writing/story of this game but I just don’t see it. To me it was kinda amateurish and didn’t really impact me in any way cause it was foreshadowed so early then drug out over the course of hours and hours.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
For me all of this was telegraphed so early on, I felt like for 90% of the story I was just waiting for the inevitable to happen. From the first time aurther coughed and Dutch said some dumb shyt I knew exactly where the story would end up. Also from the first moment I met Micah, I knew I would ultimately have to kill his ass.

People praise the writing/story of this game but I just don’t see it. To me it was kinda amateurish and didn’t really impact me in any way cause it was foreshadowed so early then drug out over the course of hours and hours.

:martin:Based on RDR we all knew which way the wind was blowing. What was handled brilliantly was the evolution of the characters and Arthur’s epiphany. When I went into RDR2 and John was introduced I was looking at him funny (like dam that nikka is a snitch and is going to fukk the gang) then when it was revealed that someone in the gang was snitching I know everyone automatically thought John because it aligned with what occurs in RDR but then the bait and switch is pulled and John never actually snitched. In fact John’s action is justified in RDR as the remaining gang members discarded him and Arthur first. This was a game where we knew where things where going it was just a case of how they got there. Of course you have amazing foresight so you saw it all and it was just sooooo boring to you and predictable.:manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:martin:Based on RDR we all knew which way the wind was blowing. What was handled brilliantly was the evolution of the characters and Arthur’s epiphany. When I went into RDR2 and John was introduced I was looking at him funny (like dam that nikka is a snitch and is going to fukk the gang) then when it was revealed that someone in the gang was snitching I know everyone automatically thought John because it aligned with what occurs in RDR but then the bait and switch is pulled and John never actually snitched. In fact John’s action is justified in RDR as the remaining gang members discarded him and Arthur first. This was a game where we knew where things where going it was just a case of how they got there. Of course you have amazing foresight so you saw it all and it was just sooooo boring to you and predictable.:manny:
From the time you beat up the sick dude in front of his wife I knew Aurthur was gonna transition into having some morals. It just took 20 hours to get there:beli:

And that’s what I’m saying the writing was too on the nose, no subtlety. But then they want you to play along like you don’t see it coming for 20 hours, and then be “surprised” when the inevitable happens.

When you save John and Arthur says something to the effect of “I have to keep saving you” Knowing what I know about the first game, I knew it would end up with Arthur fighting to “save” John in the end. Again just had to wait 30 hours for it to happen.

Has nothing to do with amazing foresight. The shyt was laid out for you on a platter. If you were surprised by any of the twists(if you can even call them that) then you were not paying attention.

Daps
With the way Rockstar has been disrespecting consumers with their clear you people are dumb buy our shyt we know you will greed, ND >>>>>>>>>>> Rockstar
ND released UC2 which raised the bar for action adventure games at the time, then proceeded to release UC4, UC: Lost Legacy, and a GOTG level franchise with TLOU 1 and 2
Rockstar being light years ahead might have potentially true in the past, when they actually gave a fukk and had a passionate staff not only driven by greed
I might have agreed like my earlier posts suggests defending their last and potentialy "last" masterpiece RDR2 which the ND fanboys were trying to deface for the sake of TLOU2 which is another GOTG quality game
But after replaying something like TLOU2 on the CX, while still waiting for Rockstar to release GTA6 while they also insult us with their $70 barely passable GTA trilogy remake, it is clear the old Rockstar is dead and ND and probably others will take their place as being light years ahead especially when ND releases Savage Starlight aka TLOU in space with TLOU3 near the end of the generation and other studios start figuring out these consoles to give us more next gen gameplay
Next gen gameplay, movie graphics, and new standards of storytelling vs. $70 PS2 remakes and their only new game (GTA6) on the PS6:snoop:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
With the way Rockstar has been disrespecting consumers with their clear you people are dumb buy our shyt we know you will greed, ND >>>>>>>>>>> Rockstar
ND released UC2 which raised the bar for action adventure games at the time, then proceeded to release UC4, UC: Lost Legacy, and a GOTG level franchise with TLOU 1 and 2
Rockstar being light years ahead might have potentially true in the past, when they actually gave a fukk and had a passionate staff not only driven by greed
I might have agreed like my earlier posts suggests defending their last and potentialy "last" masterpiece RDR2 which the ND fanboys were trying to deface for the sake of TLOU2 which is another GOTG quality game
But after replaying something like TLOU2 on the CX, while still waiting for Rockstar to release GTA6 while they also insult us with their $70 barely passable GTA trilogy remake, it is clear the old Rockstar is dead and ND and probably others will take their place as being light years ahead especially when ND releases Savage Starlight aka TLOU in space with TLOU3 near the end of the generation and other studios start figuring out these consoles to give us more next gen gameplay
Next gen gameplay, movie graphics, and new standards of storytelling vs. $70 PS2 remakes and their only new game (GTA6) on the PS6:snoop:
We talking about the gameplay not the financials behind it. The fact that it's been so damn long and people still can't top GTA open world or GTAO, is fukking amazing. It's not like nobody has the skills or money to do so. They just don't/can't