Rockstar is light years beyond these other studios

Daps
We talking about the gameplay not the financials behind it. The fact that it's been so damn long and people still can't top GTA open world or GTAO, is fukking amazing. It's not like nobody has the skills or money to do so. They just don't/can't
no one is going to give a fukk when gameplay through technology alone will surpass it and we're still waiting on gta6
ND released TLOU2 last year which is unlike anything I've played before and they're bound to release several games and a new IP like Savage Starlight their TLOU new level franchise or standalone along with TLOU3 on the PS5 which means them taking full advantage of the SSD and all the other shyt Cerny put in their by the time Rockstar is ready
They would have several games pushing gameplay and story while we're still talking about GTA not 6 and GTAO in 2027:mjlol::snoop:
Other studios probably also going to make a name for themselves with the technology they have now

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
no one is going to give a fukk when gameplay through technology alone will surpass it and we're still waiting on gta6
ND released TLOU2 last year which is unlike anything I've played before and they're bound to release several games and a new IP like Savage Starlight their TLOU new level franchise or standalone along with TLOU3 on the PS5 which means them taking full advantage of the SSD and all the other shyt Cerny put in their by the time Rockstar is ready
They would have several games pushing gameplay and story while we're still talking about GTA not 6 and GTAO in 2027:mjlol::snoop:
Other studios probably also going to make a name for themselves with the technology they have now
And it'll be almost a decade later when those games come out. So hopefully by 10 years they can surpass that several systems later.. Maybe. But then we have RDR2 which just came out. And that being light years ahead of any open world game.

TLOU2 isn't even open world so I'm not sure why that comes to the convo. This is a convo about world building. I know cause I'm the OP. And there no games that can submerse you in their games like those 2. They are on another level and the fact you have to name games from the future, that you haven't even played yet vs a game from 2013, says the same exact thing

Daps
And it'll be almost a decade later when those games come out. So hopefully by 10 years they can surpass that several systems later.. Maybe. But then we have RDR2 which just came out. And that being light years ahead of any open world game.

TLOU2 isn't even open world so I'm not sure why that comes to the convo. This is a convo about world building. I know cause I'm the OP. And there no games that can submerse you in their games like those 2. They are on another level and the fact you have to name games from the future, that you haven't even played yet vs a game from 2013, says the same exact thing
The minds behind those games are gone, that's the point
Who cares if 10-15+ years from now that's all they will be known for from that point onward because the people who made those two games that set the standard for open world are gone doing it for other studios or their own studios
We are left with microtransaction Rockstar
They actually have to prove they are capable of reproducing a game on the quality of RDR2 maybe that's why they're stalling they know they will never be on the same level again
Doesn't need to be open world, other studios will make Rockstar forgotten because they will be busy setting new standards in multiple genres open world or not no one is going to care since open world is saturated at this point anyway

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Had to reup this after seeing they are killing Watchdog 2 support... Another game supposedly going to knock off GTA..

That PS4 Watch_Dogs reveal is one of the biggest hype jobs of all time. Went from a GTA competitor to not mentioned at all while creating the "Ubi downgrade" meme. We're back to putting our faith in Saints Row like it's 2009.
I still really can't believe it. It's almost got me ready to revive that Rockstar thread.. All these fukking games keep trying to do and nobody even comes close.. Is it their engine? I mean they wasn't even touching GTA 3.. They couldn't release those old ______ games like they did the old GTA's.

They just don't have the answers

it's just amazing.. No big studio, small studio, microsoft money, sony money, cloud gaming, pc gaming... Nobody can do it like them and it's not even close.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Hot take: Rockstar is done

all the creative leads left, increased production times have them putting out filler half-assed remasters to pad out the release schedule, bloated budgets and huge staff means they gotta make up for it with more MTX and emphasis on online

the next GTA will be a MMO-Lite and you won't see another game from them after that until the 2030's.

Tencent will fully acquire Take-Two within the next two years

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Hot take: Rockstar is done

all the creative leads left, increased production times have them putting out filler half-assed remasters to pad out the release schedule, bloated budgets and huge staff means they gotta make up for it with more MTX and emphasis on online

the next GTA will be a MMO-Lite and you won't see another game from them after that until the 2030's.

Tencent will fully acquire Take-Two within the next two years

:mjlol:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
OP is right. I can't even lie.

Nothing...I mean NOTHING feels as alive and organic as RDR2.

When Cyberpunk first came out; I saw people in awe about the "random" encounters.

"When I was leaving my apartment once, I actually saw 2 officers knocking on someone's door because they believe he may have OD'd!!!!!!"

shyt sounded amazing, until others said, "Yea, I saw that too!"

Then I saw the same shyt. :stopitslime:Is all canned, is all pre-baked in in a very non-random way.

Now, RDR2?

Over two years later, I can jump into the world right now and if I play for an hour, I almost GUARANTEE I will experience something that is totally random and totally organic and be blown away considering I've spend countless hours on it.

No other world has come close to it. It's truly a masterpiece of a world.
Reporting and patting myself on the back for this take.