Rockstar is light years beyond these other studios

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I semi enjoy rockstar games now but definitely don’t have the same magic. Took me until 2 ago to finally beat dead dead. Well I haven’t turned it on since aurther died but yea I consider that beating it. At the end I just kept fast tracking everywhere. Boring as hell eroding a horse in a empty world.

For a while they were to go to open worl/sandbox game but now that every AAA game is now open world they’ve effectively caught up to them. They haven’t put much distance between them and the competition since San Andreas outside of making really good looking games. They haven’t evolved their gameplay at all.

RDR2 uses the same exact dead eye system as teh first game. They didn’t even think of expanding upon it. Same quest structure, same story arcs.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
RDR2 really needed some kind of hardcore mode that actually forced you to use the survival mechanics. as it is there wasn't much reason to hunt, craft, find special weapons, etc, beyond personal satisfaction
Turn off the HUD and all the auto aiming and try it :sas2:

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
The programmer in me really cosigns this 100x. What they did with rdr2 is a technical masterpiece.
with RDR2 i think they sacrificed too much meat and potatoes in terms of gameplay in order to really push the performance factor, visually and tech wise.
Its the same gripe i have with Botw, (although the graphics are lackluster compared to RDR2’s leap)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine catching feelings cause people speaking the truth about how shytty gaming studios are compared to 1 that makes quality shyt:mjlol:

Dudes really in here aggy like bytches

Imagine catching feelings, because Red Dead came and went, got over shadowed Last of US 2 and Ghost of Tsushima

so now you have to make a thread about a rock star, a company nobody is talking about because they make the same again for two decades, just because a popular game looked like shyt on a 7 year old consoles

yall fan boys are ridiculous, I though Cyberpunk was gonna be over hyped trash, you can see my post in this forum, Witcher 3 was overrated

all the problems with the physics in this game were in Witcher 3, that game had TERRIBLE PHYSICS, yet nobody cared, yet want to act brand new with this game

because dumb ass rock star fans thinks this was suppose to some kind GTA type of game when anybody with half a brain new this is basically a first person witcher 3 in a cyberpunk setting

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
Cyberpunk is a table top role playing game, rockstar doesn’t make role playing games.

Yeah I get it, but I think it could have been interesting if rockstar picked it up and turned it into more of a third person action adventure like GTA or RDR but with some of the RPG elements. Always thought it would be interesting to see Rockstar bring out a new IP in a futuristic setting.