Rockstar is light years beyond these other studios

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The world building is everything. I’ve played all the saint’s rows and could never finish them. Just lost interest. Even the most outlandish missions just fell flat to me because the world didn’t have enough depth for me to sink into.

I was overall happy with IV, and after RDR2 (one of my favorites of all time), I have faith in whatever they may be planning for Florida.

:russ:
Towing has been a staple since the ps1 days, you know that isn’t going anywhere lol.
This entire thread was about world building. Don't bethesda have money? Doesn't MS. Isn't Skyrim open world? Isn't it almost a decade since release on multiple systems? Aren't a lot of games open world? How about all those MMO's?

They can't touch them

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
How'd they come upon that budget? Making great games prior or a loan from daddy?

How y'all hating on the fact they got a big budget that they EARNED
Their was nothing "light years" about the original gtas, they profited off of it and built the brand since. Now they're at the top position that's pretty much impossible for any other ip to reach investment wise due to their earlier games. Nothings truly "exceptional " about Rockstar, they just have the highest budget in the industry. Other great studios could do this as well.

Superstar
Daps
This entire thread was about world building. Don't bethesda have money? Doesn't MS. Isn't Skyrim open world? Isn't it almost a decade since release on multiple systems? Aren't a lot of games open world? How about all those MMO's?

They can't touch them

It’s just something about the way rockstar details and programs things that make immersion so easy. I’ve beaten RDR2 three times and gta v 3-4 times now; I still find new shyt and tiny details. The only world that comes close, to me, was Witcher 3.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Their was nothing "light years" about the original gtas, they profited off of it and built the brand since. Now they're at the top position that's pretty much impossible for any other ip to reach investment wise due to their earlier games. Nothings truly "exceptional " about Rockstar, they just have the highest budget in the industry. Other great studios could do this as well.
You wasn’t outside

Name the games better or on the same level as 4 or 5? Hell even SA or vice city?

They pioneered those games, people tried to copy, and failed/quit trying

Y’all acting like it was magic and not the fault most of these games were called the greatest of all time in real time

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
You wasn’t outside

Name the games better or on the same level as 4 or 5? Hell even SA or vice city?

They pioneered those games, people tried to copy, and failed/quit trying

Y’all acting like it was magic and not the fault most of these games were called the greatest of all time in real time
:russ:I’m saying where’s the GTA clones/killers today. And why does every open world game. Gets compared to GTA’s maps, world building, quality, and attention to detail. The GTA series set the standards for the open world genre since GTA3.