Richard Leadbetter thinks a PC on the power level of the PS5 Pro would cost "a fair a bit more", says the RTX 4070 would be the closest equivalent GPU

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Thread got crazy :mjlol:

End of the day if folks want to be finessed by somy let them. I fw sony ofc but I already knew what time it was when they started phantom increasing pan prices n shyt. Xbox so ass they got sony out here going crazy gouging nikkas. It is what it is

:mjgrin:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Thread got crazy :mjlol:

End of the day if folks want to be finessed by somy let them. I fw sony ofc but I already knew what time it was when they started phantom increasing pan prices n shyt. Xbox so ass they got sony out here going crazy gouging nikkas. It is what it is
These weirdos sound like the people who bought the Pet Rock though and then argued that its better than the Transformers :wow:

So if they want to buy the gaming version of the Pet Rock then yeah I guess you right, just let them :manny: When a consumer is that stupid its really nothing I can say to them

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
These weirdos sound like the people who bought the Pet Rock though and then argued that its better than the Transformers :wow:

So if they want to buy the gaming version of the Pet Rock then yeah I guess you right, just let them :manny: When a consumer is that stupid its really nothing I can say to them
Ive owned every sony console. No lie this may be my last one. They simply are not giving me a compelling reason to purchase their next console AND the increasing price of online. By the time ps6 drop it may be 150 a year for psn. Miss me with that when pc has free online n all their games end up on pc anyway

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Alan Wake 2:
There isn't much video here, but there are clearly 30fps and 60fps modes, targeting 1260p and 864p respectively. Again, as the footage was easily countable, we're confident this is using PSSR. Screen-space reflections are evident in the 60fps mode, but they are not in 30fps, suggesting RT may be in play.

My bad yall it’s 864 :whoa:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Remove-background-project.png

Only $790 :ohlawd:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My bad yall it’s 864 :whoa:
Your original post implied a uniform. And the article you clipped this from doesn't support that:

The paradigm has been shifting for a long time now from quantity of pixels to quality of pixels and in bringing machine learning-based upscaling to consoles for the first time, PSSR allows developers to spend more system resources on how good a game can look as opposed to how high the resolution is. Now, don't get me wrong, upscaling quality does tend to improve the higher the base resolution - but it's down to developers now to choose the best balance for their games. Should they go for a 1080p presentation richer in detail, or a higher resolution 1440p alternative? Developers will need to make that call - but ultimately, it's all about the quality of the final presentation. The flexibility of machine learning-based upscaling means that 'how good the game looks' takes precedence over 'how high the pixel count is'.

Just to be clear then: if a game runs at a 'low' resolution on PS5, and an equally 'low' resolution on PS5 Pro, they are not the same thing. Improved upscaling makes a difference, but bearing in mind the extra horsepower of the Pro, we can imagine that the developers are doing more with those pixels. The extent to which this is going to be successful is ultimately down to a more subjective assessment of the presentation for each title - and that's what we'll be looking at once software arrives for review. In the meantime, enjoy this Direct and look forward to more PS5 Pro coverage.

As far as Alan Wake 2:

Based on our testing, Alan Wake 2 runs at 864p internal resolution on PlayStation 5 Pro in the 60fps clip, while the equivalent base PS5 mode operates at 847p. Firstly, we can safely assume that in transitioning from FSR 2 upscaling to PSSR, we will see a substantial quality upgrade. However, perhaps more important is to consider what Remedy will be doing with the Pro's extra resources in increasing quality elsewhere because obviously, the extra GPU horsepower in the Big Three is going to be used for features that Remedy prefers over simply increasing resolution. This is basic commonsense.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Your original post implied a uniform. And the article you clipped this from doesn't support that:

As far as Alan Wake 2:

Breh, what are you even arguing here?

Whole point is none of these cards are getting anywhere near 4k.

We already have benchmarks for the 4060

In the context of building a PS5 pro comparable PC, it’s clear the 4060 is a reasonable comparison.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
the
Breh, what are you even arguing here?

Whole point is none of these cards are getting anywhere near 4k.

We already have benchmarks for the 4060

In the context of building a PS5 pro comparable PC, it’s clear the 4060 is a reasonable comparison.
the 4060 coupled with the processor I linked will blow the Ps5 pro out the water in any game :mjlol: I legit dont even know what these retarded sony stans arguing :mjlol:

but does it have Wifi 7 :mjlol:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Ok, so I play Apex Legends as example, a pretty high demand game, PS5 just now recently got 120 FPs for this game at 1080p settings/medium settings comparable on PC. Even though ive been playing at 150 fps on it since its released at max settings :mjlol: and my PC is from covid time period :mjlol:

but ill humor you. 1080p and 150+ fps is the target since PS5 Pro wont even achieve that. So heres a PC, more powerful than a PS5 pro with newer parts

The pc im building below will not only blow the PS5 Pro out the water, itll be stronger than the PS6 upon release in a few years :umad:

Target goal: $800 (PS5 Pro + Disk Drive or additional hard drive cost)

Max settings at 144 fps for all games achievable with this build:
GPU: nVidia - 4060 - $300

Processor+Motherboard: AMD 5900X + high end ASUS motherboard - $350

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-core, 24-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor & ASUS Prime B550-PLUS AMD AM4 Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen Ryzen ATX Motherboard - current deal on Amazon for $350 total -- normal price $650 . You'll have to search for it since amazon links dont work here now I guess.​

Processor Cooler(heatsink) - $30
https://www.newegg.com/cooler-master-hyper-212-halo-black/p/N82E16835103344 (Cheaper on Amazon if you search it)

Memory: 16 GB DDR - $40
https://www.newegg.com/corsair-16gb-ddr4-3200/p/N82E16820236540 (cheaper on Amazon as well, just search for it)

750 Watt Powersupply: - $70
https://www.newegg.com/p/1HU-00Z0-000T9 (cheaper on amazon as well)

Case: $60

total cost: $850 -- comparable cost to a PS5 Pro + Disk Drive ($780) and will be stronger than a PS6 let alone a PS5 Pro :russ:

Can get the cost down a lot by going cheaper on a motherboard, power supply, case to bring cost down below $800

:umad: now get the fukk on retard and enjoy your lil kid toy :dame: that you fighting so hard bout :sitdown:

edit: amazon links arent showing up now a days on here ? damn this site really broken :damn:this why I didnt want to waste my time proving something I knew would be easily provable. Unfortunately for me at the time I typed that I could make this build a few days ago, I wasnt aware I was arguing with an actual retard like @The Devil's Advocate
I let it die.. What you wrote here was not what you wrote you could prove at the beginning

But again... Semantics.. I never knew a $350 card would be enough and that I can admit..

My point was if you have $700... You can walk down to the store, buy a ps5, take it home and play it... You cannot do that with a PC... even your computer doesn't contain an operating system.. $950...

And that is why most people rather just do the easy shyt.. But it's all good. My dumb ass went out and bought a $650 GPU cause I figured I needed it and it was overkill. If I knew 350 was enough, I'd probably have done that shyt cause who in the fukk has a 240 hz monitor??

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
:picard:

on gaming on anything less than a OLED in year 2024 I don't think this convo is for you ahch. My desktop monitor is a LG C2 which if I wanted could be a tv, its a new day breh we not gaming on bullshyt screens rather it be console or pc...
And mine is a c3... And I can also use my computer and the same time I watch tv or play playstation... Cause I also have monitors

The problem is my TV has maxed anything the PS5 can do... My c3 can't do everything a 4090 can do, so I've bottlenecked my shyt... So for me... If I'm spending money for one part, it's not to be made useless by another part.. I'm not putting a ford driving wheel on my lambo

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
P5P uses GDDR6 memory, not GDDR4. :skip:
Price a 4070 GPU, not 4060 :leostare:
Wifi 7 capable :ld:
liquid metal cooling system. :ld:

you forgot the 2 TB SSD. :skip:

you're welcome @The Devil's Advocate :lolbron:

:mjgrin: @Gizmo_Duck
Thank you sir... I was buying new parts to not bottleneck my GPU... he was leaving shyt off to still miss the $700 AND the 850 he came up with

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
a PS5 Pro doesnt have a 4070 in its system :dwillhuh:

The question was can I build a Pc that will outperform a PS5 Pro.. that system will play the new call of duty black ops 6 at 200+ fps on max settings.. PS5 Pro cant do that...
No it wasn't because anybody can build a PC to outperform a PS5 PRO... Your point was you could build it FOR THE SAME PRICE

Now you up to 850... don't even have a drive or operating system and we all know that's not EVERYTHING you need to boot up and play... So you already over $1000

The price you pay on ps5 is price of not having to do all that finding, just to spend more money, just to spend more time building, just to have the same... They are offering less thinking and less money for less quality...

If you add more money so you can get a PC, well no shyt it should be better. You paid more AND you spent more time and effort on it to get better quality... Who the hell was arguing THAT?

But now if you both only had $700..... well then now who's coming home with the better PC... You told us you'd show us that PC... You ain't shown us shyt but spent more = get more

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
No it wasn't because anybody can build a PC to outperform a PS5 PRO... Your point was you could build it FOR THE SAME PRICE

Now you up to 850... don't even have a drive or operating system and we all know that's not EVERYTHING you need to boot up and play... So you already over $1000

Well no shyt you can build a more expensive PC.... Can you build one for THE SAME OR LESS... Cause the price you pay on ps5 is price of not having to do all that finding, just to spend more, just to have the same... If you add more money to the price to get a PC, well no shyt it should be better. Who the hell was arguing THAT?
$780 ps5 pro to $850 built pc is similar pricing, knock it off.