Rap’s Contribution to Violence Debate Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
10 years ago, this definitely would have been a discussion. Lean was huge 10 years ago. Where were you? This is why I call your posts intellectually dishonest because it's like you woke up yesterday and realized that there was rampant violence in rap, lean was popular, and that rappers haven't been invoking KKK imagery against their enemies in previous eras.

Every time, I challenge you in this, there is no response, yet you continue to act like this is suddenly a relatively new phenomenon.
Are you arguing that lean would be what it is today with or without hip-hop? :comeon:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rocky wasn’t sipping in 2001 that’s just a rhyme. He was sipping in 2007 and as he said nobody was doing that shyt in Harlem at that time.

When I say decades I’m talking about the 50’s and 60’s when blues musicians in Houston
would cut Robitussin with beer and wine coolers. This cough syrup thing was regional for decades until about the late 00’s, early 2010’s.

Is Juelz Santanna not from Harlem?

Clearly, you understand that I was not referencing 50's and 60's Blues music.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Breh's grew up listening to Mobb Deep detail how they would murder people with their own body parts. We heard Pac diss several artists and talk about how he was going to kill them. Snoop made "Murder Was The Case" while being on trial for murder. Eminem rapped about killing his own mother and baby mother and had the body in the trunk on an album cover. I could go on. A lot of us grew up to this music and enjoyed it. How many of us are murderers?

People making it seem like black folks can’t differentiate between reality and entertainment/art.

And that Matt poster is the same cat that's been on this board saying that nothing comes good when a large group of black folk get together. I'm sick of that motherfukka.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
People making it seem like black folks can’t differentiate between reality and entertainment/art.

And that Matt poster is the same cat that's been on this board saying that nothing comes good when a large group of black folk get together. I'm sick of that motherfukka.
Its low key self hate to think someone black will commit a crime because of a rap song

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its low key self hate to think someone black will commit a crime because of a rap song

This.

There's a lot of debauchery going on in the world and to say that it's because of the music is insanity. As it relates to our community, there's a lot that could be done to circumvent and in some cases prevent the occurrences when it comes to our children. Who are our children looking up to and why? What are they viewing on social media and why?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Like I said. There a big difference between music influencing certain things and even n some cases putting ALREADY impressionable people who been experimenting with drugs onto different drugs. But to say music can make someone a murderer is plain old retarded. Like murder just some shyt someone can flick a switch on to wanna do. That’s wild. We listened to “gangsta rap” for decades and not 1 of the people I know became a murderer cause of a fukking rap song.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps

If you can quote me saying that, I'll voluntarily accept a ban that doesn't allow me to come back until 2023.

I extend that invitation with confidence

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Do y’all think movies can make people killers? There’s plenty street nikkas who got hype off shyt like Scarface, Menace To Society, Paid N Full etc etc. shyt there’s even rap bars about it. Plenty bars about O Dog. What’s y’all thoughts on that?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Is Juelz Santanna not from Harlem?

Clearly, you understand that I was not referencing 50's and 60's Blues music.
Juelz Santana started doing it around that time as well so I’m not sure why you are bringing him up and that was some him shyt not some Harlem shyt.

Rappers popularized lean and made pharmaceutical companies like Actavis and Wockhardt millions. Lean is poison and has led to guts, addiction, and death.

That’s my claim what’s yours?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Do y’all think movies can make people killers? There’s plenty street nikkas who got hype off shyt like Scarface, Menace To Society, Paid N Full etc etc. shyt there’s even rap bars about it. What’s y’all thoughts on that?

Is anyone here making the claim that songs are turning people into killers, if so, those posts should be quoted here

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Is anyone here making the claim that songs are turning people into killers, if so, those posts should be quoted here
:what: nikka the thread is called Raps contribution to violence. nikkas bringing up murder rates and crime stats. Ur being disingenuous as fukk. And don’t quote me and not answer the question I presented.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Juelz Santana started doing it around that time as well so I’m not sure why you are bringing him up and that was some him shyt not some Harlem shyt.

Rappers popularized lean and made pharmaceutical companies like Actavis and Wockhardt millions. Lean is poison and has led to guts, addiction, and death.

Show us data indicating that pharmaceutical companies made millions because of rap.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
You gave up being objective a few posts ago. But here are a few more things to duck from addressing.

Burg is not an anomaly either. In the suburbs of your major city, there were/are teens seduced by allure of street life as glamourized by hip hop, and followed into it.
Most are in jail now.
&

Adults and teens dying and being injured because of "social media challenges" to the point where the FDA issues warning to parents about the dangers that were posed

Your thoughts?
Grown men and women are dead/hurt because of following dangerous stunts promoted on the internet, but hip hop music and imagery doesn't influence kids and teens to follow in the lifestyle being promoted?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

I think music or any entertainment can lead to people already prone to experimenting with drugs to specific drugs. But that want already had to be there. The question is why? Where are the programs telling kids about these drugs and warning them. shyt TV used to shove it down our throats when we was younger. Where are the fukking parents? But imma tell u this. WAY more people been fukking with drugs on the low than u would even know and I’m not even gonna give away how I know this but I’m talking even govt people, to doctors, to mechanics, to school teachers. Etc etc. If u been in the streets u know wassup.