Rap’s Contribution to Violence Debate Thread

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
U have no idea what u talking about. I bet u ain’t know Philly had a whole lean scene as well and called it Purple Rain. Smh. Y’all give these rappers too much credit and nikka u don’t know Juice Wrlds life or what that young man scene he was OBVIOUSLY disturbed.

were those purple rain brehs from NY?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
U have no idea what u talking about. I bet u ain’t know Philly had a whole lean scene as well and called it Purple Rain. Smh. Y’all give these rappers too much credit and nikka u don’t know Juice Wrlds life or what that young man scene he was OBVIOUSLY disturbed.
Dude wasn't nobody drinking lean like that outside Texas until rap blew it up. Nobody had heard of the shyt or even thought of doing something like mixing prescription cough syrup with soda that shyt is crazy who thinks of that.

Philadelphia is only one city and they've had an prescription opiate problem for a minute before most inner cities. I can't speak for their lean scene that's something I've only heard about on here.

I don't know Juice WRLD's life except the things that he has shown us. Very intelligent kid, had ADD, grew up in the Chicago South suburbs, father left him young, mother was a religious conservative. There's all the potential abuse and self esteem issues he could have had that we don't know about that led him to drugs. I never claimed to know his life but you posted a sung hook and said we don't know what his life was like in the streets of Chicago. He was from the suburbs and was the furthest thing from a street dude. He personally told us it was Future that made him sip to the point Future felt the need to apologize.

We can admit rappers make all these other companies millions through product placement it's cool if it's Ralph Lauren or Mercedes Benz but not cool when we talking about pharmaceutical companies like Wockhardt and Actavis? What is the difference?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Juice WRLD wasn’t in the streets of Chicago. He was from the suburbs. All his lyrics perpetuating a street lifestyle is cap and that is created by the consumer demand for street content where even non-street individuals feel the need to project an image. Juice WRLD had that battery in his back because of those BD/NLMB dudes he was down with.

Juice WRLD said Future made him sip and he did so in 6th Grade as an impressionable child. I'm only a few years older than Juice they definitely had teens making fake lean with Robitussin and NyQuil and double cupping for no reasonlol:

It was rappers that took lean from a local opiate cocktail from Texas to global. It's lean in every ghetto in America all the way out to Zimbabwe.

Lil Wayne and Future have made Wockhardt and Actavis millions upon millions of dollars

I don't even know if I would call Robitussin and Nyquil fake lean. If someone is using that for recreational use, it's dangerous.

This stuff is dangerous because it's easily accessible. You can find it around d the house in a medicine cabinet. It's viewed more so as medicine than it is a drug, which takes the shame and stigma from the user.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Dude wasn't nobody drinking lean like that outside Texas until rap blew it up. Nobody had heard of the shyt or even thought of doing something like mixing prescription cough syrup with soda that shyt is crazy who thinks of that.

Philadelphia is only one city and they've had an prescription opiate problem for a minute before most inner cities. I can't speak for their lean scene that's something I've only heard about on here.

I don't know Juice WRLD's life except the things that he has shown us. Very intelligent kid, had ADD, grew up in the Chicago South suburbs, father left him young, mother was a religious conservative. There's all the potential abuse and self esteem issues he could have had that we don't know about that led him to drugs. I never claimed to know his life but you posted a sung hook and said we don't know what his life was like in the streets of Chicago. He was from the suburbs and was the furthest thing from a street dude. He personally told us it was Future that made him sip to the point Future felt the need to apologize.

We can admit rappers make all these other companies millions through product placement it's cool if it's Ralph Lauren or Mercedes Benz but not cool when we talking about pharmaceutical companies like Wockhardt and Actavis? What is the difference?
nikka I been around longer than u. U only a few years older than Juice Wrld correct? So ur speaking out of ur depth. Go ask any Philly nikka if rap made em sip. shyt BEEN in they culture and the fact u keep naming Texas shows u don’t know what u talking about. The shyt is ping pong but it bounce from the streets first. That’s like saying rock music made people shoot up or some shyt. Like I said y’all nikkas be misinformed and ignorant to the world around u and speak in absolutes. Hip hop ain’t create the opiate problem. Even tho it ain’t really do shyt to help it either. U had Gym Class Heroes making songs like Viva La White Girl. I don’t see y’all pointing fingers at them for influencing cocaine use. shyt rap artists and their need to be labeled and live as “rock stars” contributed to the promotion of it as well. I don’t see y’all blaming them crackas tho.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
nikka I been around longer than u. U only a few years older than Juice Wrld correct? So ur speaking out of ur depth. Go ask any Philly nikka if rap made em sip. shyt BEEN in they culture and the fact u keep naming Texas shows u don’t know what u talking about. The shyt is ping pong but it bounce from the streets first. That’s like saying rock music made people shoot up or some shyt. Like I said y’all nikkas be misinformed and ignorant to the world around u and speak in absolutes. Hip hop ain’t create the opiate problem. Even tho it ain’t really do shyt to help it either. U had Gym Class Heroes making songs like Viva La White Girl. I don’t see y’all pointing fingers at them for influencing cocaine use. shyt rap artists and their need to be labeled and live as “rock stars” contributed to the promotion of it as well. I don’t see y’all blaming them crackas tho.

If there was such a big lean scene, why is it strangely absent from Philadelphia's rap culture. I was able to dig up a "purple rain" rain mention from Beanie Siegel in 2005 but that's about it, it's more likely that any lean culture that may have existed in Philadelphia had origins in Houston.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
If there was such a big lean scene, why is it strangely absent from Philadelphia's rap culture. I was able to dig up a "purple rain" rain mention from Beanie Siegel in 2005 but that's about it, it's more likely that any lean culture that may have existed in Philadelphia had origins in Houston.
Son it was big in Philly. Pills as well. Lol. The thing is talking about it in music wasn’t considered cool until nikkas wanted to be “rock stars”. nikkas been fukkin wit the lean and pills there tho. And even if it did come from Houston it wasn’t cause of no damn music.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Son it was big in Philly. Pills as well. Lol. The thing is talking about it in music wasn’t considered cool until nikkas wanted to be “rock stars”. nikkas been fukkin wit the lean and pills there tho. And even if it did come from Houston it wasn’t cause of no damn music.

No one is suggesting that music led to the invention of lean but it sure led to the widespread popularization of it. I lay the blame for that at Lil Wayne's feet.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Philly is one city with a noted long time opiate problem percs were already huge there by the time it got popular in NYC. I'm not from Philly so Philly posters could clear that up on the differences between Texas lean and what they were sipping, how widespread it is/was then in the city, who/how started it and all that. I know they're an outlier and today every hood in America has it. The first NY rapper I heard sipping lean was Juelz and he said he started sipping because of Paul Wall.

Lean was not mainstream in America until rappers made it so. I think most posters here outside the South would admit nobody in their city was sipping lean until 10-15 years ago. Lil Wayne, Future, and a host of other rappers made that shyt look cool as fukk and harmless.

If we can admit that rappers have made clothing brands, car companies, liquor companies millions of dollars why can't we admit that the pharmaceutical companies have also made millions from rap product placement and influence?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
No one is suggesting that music led to the invention of lean but it sure led to the widespread popularization of it. I lay the blame for that at Lil Wayne's feet.
Wayne got it from the streets. shyt was like ping pong bro I’m telling u. Wayne wasn’t inventing shyt. Wit his fake lean using ass. nikkas used to clown him cause he was clearly fronting. There was rappers detoxing off lean at the height of Wayne promoting it. Wayne promoting it damn sure ain’t help the cause tho. But imma keep it a stack even something like that is different than murders n shyt. nikkas ain’t taking nikkas life cause of no damn rap song. That’s a different level.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Wayne got it from the streets. shyt was like ping pong bro I’m telling u. Wayne wasn’t inventing shyt. Wit his fake lean using ass. nikkas used to clown him cause he was clearly fronting. There was rappers detoxing off lean at the height of Wayne promoting it. Wayne promoting it damn sure ain’t help the cause tho. But imma keep it a stack even something like that is different than murders n shyt. nikkas ain’t taking nikkas life cause of no damn rap song. That’s a different level.

He got it from the streets and took it nationwide, that's the point. he could have had grape juice in his cup for all we know the point is, he claimed it was promethazine and codeine and even was never seen without his double cup. He was actively marketing the drug.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
He got it from the streets and took it nationwide, that's the point. he could have had grape juice in his cup for all we know the point is, he claimed it was promethazine and codeine and even was never seen without his double cup. He was actively marketing the drug.
Can’t lie he def was. And he was doing that outside of the music as well.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Philly is one city with a noted long time opiate problem percs were already huge there by the time it got popular in NYC. I'm not from Philly so Philly posters could clear that up on the differences between Texas lean and what they were sipping, how widespread it is/was then in the city, who/how started it and all that. I know they're an outlier and today every hood in America has it. The first NY rapper I heard sipping lean was Juelz and he said he started sipping because of Paul Wall.

Lean was not mainstream in America until rappers made it so. I think most posters here outside the South would admit nobody in their city was sipping lean until 10-15 years ago. Lil Wayne, Future, and a host of other rappers made that shyt look cool as fukk and harmless.

If we can admit that rappers have made clothing brands, car companies, liquor companies millions of dollars why can't we admit that the pharmaceutical companies have also made millions from rap product placement and influence?

But then that's not a rap music problem... That's a pharmaceutical industry problem.

Case in point: the opioid epidemic. That shyt ravaged rural America. And they didn't need to insert perk placements in Rock/Country music either.

We're talking about drugs. Do we really think big pharma needs rap to push drugs?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
But then that's not a rap music problem... That's a pharmaceutical industry problem.

Case in point: the opioid epidemic. That shyt ravaged rural America. And they didn't need to insert perk placements in Rock/Country music either.

We're talking about drugs. Do we really think big pharma needs rap to push drugs?
It’s so illogical

This thread is about violence anyway

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Big pharma doesn’t need rap they already rake in billions of dollars…

It was Lil Wayne and Future (and others) that took a lil known opiate cocktail to a drug of choice nationwide by marketing it.

Had rappers never rapped about it…that shyt would have remained regional and perhaps would have even fallen out of popularity by modern day.

U from Brooklyn nobody in Brooklyn was sipping lean 15 years ago. They’ve been doing lean and variations of it in Houston for decades.