Rap’s Contribution to Violence Debate Thread

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
exactly...so people need to stop talking in absolutes like this shyt doesn't influence kids, it does.

and i won't even go there with parenting...parents did not keep us (gen x, older millennials) from stuff - we were much freer kids, playing at parks alone, walking home with just our peers, being at home alone...kids don't do this stuff nearly as much. and furthermore, there are too many ways for kids to access stuff even with age settings and site blocks, the pervasiveness of technology has made censoring what kids have access to 100x harder. i'm not going to sit here and act like gen x/millennial parents just don't care when i see a much higher level of involvement from them than boomer parents
Gen X and Millennial parents suck. I know this because I have 3 children and deal with them very often. The kids are entitled as fukk and the parents don’t wanna hear shyt about their child. The community used to be involved in raising the kids. It’s nowhere near the same anymore. Parents either stifle their kids by being helicopter parents so the kids lash out. Or they are trying to compete or be friends with their kids rather than parents.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Lmao future is under a 15 year fed investigation. And a baby momma that keeps calling the police. You pathetic for WANTING a nikka to be lying.

you FBG? you from his hood? you broke bread with him? I'm not from ATL; so iykyk.

Son literally made videos talking about he's capping with the rockstar lifestyle. He also had videos of him simping major sending Steve Harveys daughters like 10000 roses.....my gut instincts about people is usually on point....

I don't want anything I could give af either way im a fan of his music....pathetic? haa

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
exactly...so people need to stop talking in absolutes like this shyt doesn't influence kids, it does.

and i won't even go there with parenting...parents did not keep us (gen x, older millennials) from stuff - we were much freer kids, playing at parks alone, walking home with just our peers, being at home alone...kids don't do this stuff nearly as much. and furthermore, there are too many ways for kids to access stuff even with age settings and site blocks, the pervasiveness of technology has made censoring what kids have access to 100x harder. i'm not going to sit here and act like gen x/millennial parents just don't care when i see a much higher level of involvement from them than boomer parents

I don't think people are saying the influence isn't there. There is a stretch when people say that the music has made murderers out of the youth though. People at the other extreme are also speaking in absolutes.

And yeah, there's a huge difference between parents then and parents now. Yes, we could go places without a parent's assistance. Times have changed. We played outside and when we were inside, we played video games even games that we didn't meet the age requirement for.

Today's children are on social media and that is much harder to monitor. It isn't as simple as putting passwords and what not on a phone, because it isn't the content that is off limits that is getting the youth into trouble. It's the pages that the peers of the youth have that are getting them into trouble. It's the created pages on social media that parents don't even know their children have that are getting them into trouble. Parents have children that are being bullied on social media and they don't even know its happening. In a lot of cases, they don't know until it's too late. The child has committed suicide or the child has killed the bully or vice versa.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Did u read what I said? I answered ur question. And y’all nikkas was the ones contributing violence in rap to the violence on the street. And I’m pulling y’all card and y’all all of a sudden can’t answer the question.
What I got is that someone with an interest in drugs might take a drug a rapper endorses. In your mind the rappers influence is irrelevant it’s the persons disposition that matters. Even if that person wasn’t drinking lean they would just abuse another drug. America runs on drugs. Humans have always used drugs therefore rappers endorsing it doesn’t matter. I got that right?

I never said rap turns people into murderers. What I have said is that the art form of hip-hop and the music industry business has been pimped and is being used to further criminal activity in American inner cities and that can be seen with the recent indictment of rapper crews and boutique labels. I have never blamed the art form of hip-hop it’s street shyt. What I have also said is that there is no balance in the rap game in representation or content nowadays.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
you FBG? you from his hood? you broke bread with him? I'm not from ATL; so iykyk.

Son literally made videos talking about he's capping with the rockstar lifestyle. He also had videos of him simping major sending Steve Harveys daughters like 10000 roses.....my gut instincts about people is usually on point....

I don't want anything I could give af either way im a fan of his music....pathetic? haa
Im from Lithonia. And No I dont gang bang.
Future from the DF and the same block as maceo (nextel Chirp)
Only a nikka trying to create a negative narrative cares whether he does lean or not. It literally doesnt matter and is none of yall business.
Songs are about whatever they want them to be about, they dont have to limit them or live them.
It all adds up to just hating.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Only a nikka trying to create a negative narrative cares whether he does lean or not. It literally doesnt matter and is none of yall business.
Songs are about whatever they want them to be about, they dont have to limit them or live them.
It all adds up to just hating.

All I said was he I never felt like he lived that life not even quoted to you and you adressed me for whatever reason.

You not even from this neighborhood and have zero ties to this guy. He created "the negative narrative" his damn self and this has BEEN a discussion. Its none of nooones business but he's doing public interviews on major platforms about this exact topic. When you in the public spotlight you're open to judgement.

You jumped out the window talking about he under investigation.....now its "songs can be about whatever" after basically saying yo lithonia ass who dont bang is stamping him as certified.
sounds like you just being a groupie speculating.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
This isn’t rap culture

This comes from a distrust of police and believing the police won’t protect you if you see revealed as a witness

You keep exposing yourself

I'd say it's moreso fear of retribution than distrust of police.

The hoodlums say stop snitching to eachother cause they're supposed to have a code...but the reason witnesses don't snitch is fear of retaliation from the hoodlums.

But we're past that now, "No snitching" became the code for everyone in the hood on some prideful shyt. It was just a thing we didn't do. It became ingrained in the culture. Coincidentally, "no snitching" was also heavily promoted in rap music.

It's a vicious cycle.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I'd say it's moreso fear of retribution than distrust of police.

The hoodlums say stop snitching to eachother cause they're supposed to have a code...but the reason witnesses don't snitch is fear of retaliation from the hoodlums.

But we're past that now, "No snitching" became the code for everyone in the hood on some prideful shyt. It was just a thing we didn't do. It became ingrained in the culture. Coincidentally, "no snitching" was also heavily promoted in rap music.

It's a vicious cycle.
You just repeated what I said but none of this is because of rap music

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road

All I said was he I never felt like he lived that life not even quoted to you and you adressed me for whatever reason.

You not even from this neighborhood and have zero ties to this guy. He created "the negative narrative" his damn self and this has BEEN a discussion. Its none of nooones business but he's doing public interviews on major platforms about this exact topic. When you in the public spotlight you're open to judgement.

You jumped out the window talking about he under investigation.....now its "songs can be about whatever" after basically saying yo lithonia ass who dont bang is stamping him as certified.
sounds like you just being a groupie speculating.

You the one having think pieces and accusations based on interviews. I said that rappers perfer to say they dont do drugs in interviews because saying they do drugs has the police watching. All atlanta rappers have lied about not doing drugs any more in interviews. All off them. Why go on a recorded interview and indict yourself. So a goofy lame nikka like you will NOT make think pieces about whether or not my songs are real. I dont have to be from his hood, wtf are you even talking about. Get off his dikk. You sound like a fukking hater.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
No. Cus black culture is a whole lot more than Rap. Whether African, American, Caribbean or otherwise. Rap Culture is in itself the problem.
Rap is the art and music of american black male culture. I agree black culture is more than rap tho. Rap culture is not the problem because violence exist in Caribbean African and south american cultures as well.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Rap is the art and music of american black male culture. I agree black culture is more than rap tho. Rap culture is not the problem because violence exist in Caribbean African and south american cultures as well.

Honestly? I kinda feel like it is. Cus when I think Hip Hop, i don't think bout just rap. I think bout grafitti, I think bout DJ'n, I think bout Bboy'n. Those places all have street elements in them too (or did). But this kinda senseless shyt isn't constantly happening, its only really inside the confines of rap (in the context of hip hop. They're plenty of rappers slain, that had nothing to do with music in and out of itself)

Either Way, whether I'm right or wrong. To quote james brown "how we gon get up, if all we do is get down?"

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

It doesn’t influence kids to commit violent acts. That’s what this thread is about

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Hmm, interesting a fight (or shooting) used to break out at every party when down for my nikkas, rep yo city, bia bia, and a few other joints used to come on. You’re right, no violence whatsoever
Do you think fights and shooting at those kind of parties stopped when those songs got dated?

Everyone here has been to numerous parties where those songs were played and no violence occurred