Rappers/Albums That Put Up Big Numbers But Lacked The Cultural Impact To Match

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
Gucci did have a nice flow on that song with Usher a decade or so ago. But Lemonade was terrible and I stopped paying attention.

Chunk wasn't big in the South? Laffy Taffy wasn't a club song? Who was listening toSoulja then?

Why do t you tell me who the great rappers are that have held down the streets the past decade?
a decade ago, spotlight dropped 4-5 years ago :what:

MilesTeg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The message board that refuses to give Eminem even the slightest bit of props is in no position to be judging "cultural impact."

MMLP and 8 Mile have had probably the biggest cultural impact of the past 10, 15 years.

Threads like these are just an excuse for trolls to shyt on popular albums they don't like, and try to pretend they don't matter.

Yawn.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Chronic 2001 definitely didn't make the impact that the original Chronic did, but it's being severely downplayed here. That album basically birthed Kanye's style. "But, but, he could've bit any drum pattern", he did (he admittedly bit Jermaine Dupri's drums), but he bit the "Xxplosive" drums for "This Can't Be Life" and the rest is history. Not to mention, 2001 was the album that had the most impact on the West Coast post Pac. True, the momentum started with Snoop's Top Dogg, but we saw the careers of Eminem and Xzibit grow exponentially after 2001. That album had non-single joints that were just as big as the singles ( "Xxplosive", "What's The Difference").

eminem was already eminem before 2001 dropped. eminem saved dre actually.

nobody cared about kanye's drums. its the soul-sampling that blew him up.

So Black culture is just limited to the youth? Younger people don't also like that song?

Are Nas and Jay not Hip Hop artists? I mentioned them because they are peers of OutKast. It's not some unfounded opinion that I just pulled out.

LOL at you claiming anything as "lies and agenda filled".

those older people that shuffle & line dance to that song dont give a f*ck about outkast or hip-hop. younger people like the song, but not on that level.

i didnt claim that those comments in particular were lies & agenda-filled, but i wouldnt be surprised since half of these rappers' cosigns arent genuine. and thats neither here nor there seeing that we're talking about cultural impact. not industry props.

b@squ1@t

I AM THE GOLDEN GOD
Daps
every album i dislike failed to have any cultural impact
a1y4.png

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
5 rappers that can spit that the streets fukked with. Is it really that hard?

i'll name 5 rappers after you admit that you were talking out of pocket & mis-informed.

is THAT really hard?

:popcorn:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
i'll name 5 rappers after you admit that you were talking out of pocket & mis-informed.

is THAT really hard?

:popcorn:
I'm not gonna play games with you man. If you want to name names do it. If not, don't.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I'm not gonna play games with you man. If you want to name names do it. If not, don't.

YOU ARE playing games.

youre trying to use me as a pawn so you can save face.

how you gonna throw me under questioning when YOURE the one that went off-topic and made that bold statement?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
YOU ARE playing games.

youre trying to use me as a pawn so you can save face.

how you gonna throw me under questioning when YOURE the one that went off-topic and made that bold statement?
Name names.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
The message board that refuses to give Eminem even the slightest bit of props is in no position to be judging "cultural impact."

MMLP and 8 Mile have had probably the biggest cultural impact of the past 10, 15 years.

Threads like these are just an excuse for trolls to shyt on popular albums they don't like, and try to pretend they don't matter.

Yawn.

you clearly dont comprehend the premise of the thread. this isnt about albums that you do or dont like.

but obviously, you'd never understand since you think that emimen had the biggest cultural impact :laugh: of the past 15 years.:laff:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
eminem was already eminem before 2001 dropped. eminem saved dre actually.

nobody cared about kanye's drums. its the soul-sampling that blew him up.

those older people that shuffle & line dance to that song dont give a f*ck about outkast or hip-hop. younger people like the song, but not on that level.

i didnt claim that those comments in particular were lies & agenda-filled, but i wouldnt be surprised since half of these rappers' cosigns arent genuine. and thats neither here nor there seeing that we're talking about cultural impact. not industry props.

1) There's no way you could possibly know this, therefore it's speculation.

2) It's beside point. Dude claimed that Speakerboxxx/Love Below had no impact on Black culture. I merely gave an example of how it did.

As for 2001 and it's impact on Eminem's career, Eminem wasn't selling 10 million copies before 2001. After 2001, his fanbase grew significantly. More so than anything, 2001 gave Eminem credibility. You're saying Eminem saved Dre, but they both helped each other. Where was Eminem's career prior to Dre signing him? I'll wait...

As for Kanye's drums, anybody with any ounce of knowledge of Hip Hop production knows that without nice sounding drums, a soul sample doesn't do much. On top of that Kanye admitted what him biting the drums from "Xxplosive" did for his career.

Lastly, even if you take away the points about Em and Kanye, there's still other things culturally significant about 2001.

MrFettuccinnePockets

#TeamGuapele
Supporter
Daps

Yawn.

Come on man. CULTURAL IMPACT is what we are talking about.

Eminem was never that. No amount of plaques can change that. And yes he has bars but culture impact?

College Dropout impacted the culture more than Eminems whole discography.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yawn.

Basically.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Come on man. CULTURAL IMPACT is what we are talking about.

Eminem was never that. No amount of plaques can change that. And yes he has bars but culture impact?

College Dropout impacted the culture more than Eminems whole discography.

I agree with the College Dropout statement. While I agree, MMLP is the only Eminem album that had a cultural impact. It was one of those albums that had content that rubbed people the wrong way to the point that he had interest groups protesting and lobbying against his music. No it wasn't the first Hip Hop album to do that, but it had been a minute since a Hip Hop album did that to that magnitude.