Rappers/Albums That Put Up Big Numbers But Lacked The Cultural Impact To Match

Juanito

Pro
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
shoot, im a go all out in one whop and just say the entire aftermath catalog with the exception of GRODT & the documentary.

aftermath = numbers label with shakey cultural standing.

The Documentary had cultural impact? :ohhh:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
hmm.....i cant agree or disagree with that one.

thats a tough call cuz nelly was just a jam rapper, and he succeeded at doing such. they never tried to pass him off as a guy that was running the game.

plus alot of people was rockin with that 1st album.

BUT, technically he does qualify for the thread, the way you put it so hey. i cant argue against it either.

Yeah I was going o add that I was mainly referring to his second album with Hot in Herre. But then I remembered AF1 was on there. But if there's anyone that's sold a shyt ton of records that didn't have a big impact culturally I'd say it'd be Nelly. ANd I just seen someone mention Outkast which would be my next choice

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Yeah I was going o add that I was mainly referring to his second album with Hot in Herre. But then I remembered AF1 was on there. But if there's anyone that's sold a shyt ton of records that didn't have a big impact culturally I'd say it'd be Nelly. ANd I just seen someone mention Outkast which would be my next choice

the thing with nelly is that he did have impact culturally. he was a jam rapper and he did his part by making culturally important jams. basically he was his era's equivalent to people like kid n play, but without the technical skills.:manny:

i understand why you mentioned him tho, given then premise of the thread, so i cant argue.

yea outkast definitely needs to be mentioned again & again.:yes:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
The better question is when did the streets start embracing lowest common denominator music? In other words, when did the streets and quality divorce?

they never did, really.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Migos, Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka, Rich Homie. I'm drawing a blank right now. French Montana. You get what I'm getting at?

gucci is hot. whats your beef with him?

the rest of the names you mentioned are basically just dudes that people party to, and/or ride around to. nobody in their right mind takes them the least bit seriously as rappers.