Rappers/Albums That Put Up Big Numbers But Lacked The Cultural Impact To Match

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Gucci did have a nice flow on that song with Usher a decade or so ago. But Lemonade was terrible and I stopped paying attention.

Chunk wasn't big in the South? Laffy Taffy wasn't a club song? Who was listening toSoulja then?

Why do t you tell me who the great rappers are that have held down the streets the past decade?

i vaguely remember that usher song and i remember it being wack......lemonade on the other hand is potentially a classic track.

whats chunk?

what laffy taffy got to do with the streets?

soulja boy was for the kids.

why you want me to make a list of like 200 rappers? YOURE the one who made the bold statement. not me jim.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
i vaguely remember that usher song and i remember it being wack......lemonade on the other hand is potentially a classic track.

whats chunk?

what laffy taffy got to do with the streets?

soulja boy was for the kids.

why you want me to make a list of like 200 rappers? YOURE the one who made the bold statement. not me jim.
Crunk.

How about five rappers? I'm giving you person after person and you're rejecting all of them. Would be a lot simpler if you give me the top 5.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Crunk.

How about five rappers? I'm giving you person after person and you're rejecting all of them. Would be a lot simpler if you give me the top 5.

crunk was party music. very few crunk rappers were taken seriously as artists.

i dont understand. why do you want me to conjure up a top 5 when YOURE the one that made the claim?

you said that the streets have been embracing wack rappers for years. then when asked to be specific, 99% of the rappers you named are dudes that the streets either dont take seriously as artists or just plain ole dont f*ck wit at all.

whats the purpose of me naming rappers when youre the one making the claim? i cant read your mind.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It had virtually no impact on black culture. It was a soccer mom white hipster album.

The biggest outkast Stans I knew at the time didnt even like that album at all

Front like "The Way You Move" isn't played at cookouts and other events even til' this day. In terms of Hip Hop, Jay said in '03 that The Love Below was one of the only albums he was listening to. Nas has given that album it's props too.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Front like "The Way You Move" isn't played at cookouts and other events even til' this day. In terms of Hip Hop, Jay said in '03 that The Love Below was one of the only albums he was listening to. Nas has given that album it's props too.

alot of older people like that song. thats why its played at cookouts. lets not act like its getting played on the hip-hop smash tip.

who cares about what jay & nas cosign? lol. you always go off course with these espn meaningless stats type-posts. half of those quotes be lies & agenda-filled statements anyway.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chronic 2001 definitely didn't make the impact that the original Chronic did, but it's being severely downplayed here. That album basically birthed Kanye's style. "But, but, he could've bit any drum pattern", he did (he admittedly bit Jermaine Dupri's drums), but he bit the "Xxplosive" drums for "This Can't Be Life" and the rest is history. Not to mention, 2001 was the album that had the most impact on the West Coast post Pac. True, the momentum started with Snoop's Top Dogg, but we saw the careers of Eminem and Xzibit grow exponentially after 2001. That album had non-single joints that were just as big as the singles ( "Xxplosive", "What's The Difference").

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
alot of older people like that song. thats why its played at cookouts. lets not act like its getting played on the hip-hop smash tip.

who cares about what jay & nas cosign? lol. you always go off course with these espn meaningless stats type-posts. half of those quotes be lies & agenda-filled statements anyway.

So Black culture is just limited to the youth? Younger people don't also like that song?

Are Nas and Jay not Hip Hop artists? I mentioned them because they are peers of OutKast. It's not some unfounded opinion that I just pulled out.

LOL at you claiming anything as "lies and agenda filled".

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
crunk was party music. very few crunk rappers were taken seriously as artists.

i dont understand. why do you want me to conjure up a top 5 when YOURE the one that made the claim?

you said that the streets have been embracing wack rappers for years. then when asked to be specific, 99% of the rappers you named are dudes that the streets either dont take seriously as artists or just plain ole dont f*ck wit at all.

whats the purpose of me naming rappers when youre the one making the claim? i cant read your mind.
5 rappers that can spit that the streets fukked with. Is it really that hard?

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
yes they did.

dont try to lie dog. youll just expose yourself.

eminem and a bunch of :flabbynsick: rappers tryna advance.

i remember when they added legs to the tour but ice cube had prior committments. we used to joke and say that he pulled out of the tour because he had a bad back.
De La was on that tour? :dwillhuh::jawalrus: