Rappers/Albums That Put Up Big Numbers But Lacked The Cultural Impact To Match

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
He never had the streets like Silkk the Shocker's first 3 albums or TRU's albums

MMLP did have some impact, it definitely was not only CACs listening to that at the time

yea, he had black listeners to, but every rapper does. i listened to him myself. thats not impact tho.

@Mike Ock, the thing is that eminem never made a real mark in the black community outside of being a novelty act. it doesnt matter how many rappers cosign or collab with him to get a rub from his fanbase. it doesnt matter how many records he sold to white people.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
lol. yall seriously reaching for straws.

not that it has any bearing whatsoever(LOL), but white people were rockin durags long before eminem.

you cant buy impact by signing somebody. especially when you do it after theyre already hot.

He's the top selling rapper, every top person wanted to work with dude. How is that not having an impact man?

dunno even know why i'm defending dude but you have a weird understanding of impact.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
all these people picking ludacris.

im interested to know how people feel about busta rhymes. the solo artist at least.

Last edited: