Rapper Eve Reveals Jay-Z Called When Her Debut Album Dropped & Told Her Not to Get Her Hopes Up Because Female Rappers "Don't Really Do That Well

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
He told The Game something similar :russ:
Jay is a different type of cat. A blunt reality type. In his mind he helping her keep her options open. And 99% of the time he’d be right. But being the bearer of blunt reality can come across as a dream killer

Im short gang and to this day I remember killin it at open runs as a freshman. Called up to JV, varsity coach pulled me to the side ‘you’re really , really good….but you’re short :francis:.’ And just slowly walked off. :damn:Basically gave me the ‘you’re not making the nba ngga hit the books’ speech early. Jay is THAT type ngga
He was right. You're no Muggsy Bogues :hubie:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She won a grammy, released two more albums and then did movies. She also had a slew of hits her last being Tambourine iirc

Eve does not have a slew of hits:

What Ya'll Want
Gotta Man
Love Is Blind
Who's That Girl
Let Me Blow Ya Mind
Gangsta Love

Features:

Ride or Die Chick
Hot Boyz
Rich Girls
Not Today

^^^ her hits. To put this in perspective, she lost a Verzuz against Trina whose hits never charted as high and she doesn't have a platinum album.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Hov was probably just trying to smash. Remember what happened with him and Mya:mjlol:

"Producer Tone, who makes up half of the Trackmasters, told Complex in a 2012 interview that Jay-Z was almost immediately turned off by Mya’s “vibe.”

“So Jay came to the studio that night at The Hit Factory. He got it right away he understood what it was but he didn’t like Mya’s vibe in the room. He looked at her like she was a spoiled brat because she was. [Jay] looked at her like, ‘I’m about to rap on your record, you’re about to have a hit, and I don’t think you really appreciate it,’” Tone recalled.

Annoyed, Jay-Z reportedly left the studio, with the producers telling the singer, “‘Yo Mya, Jay wants to do the record, but he feels like you’re not even giving him any love, like no thank you or none of that.’”

Who do you think you are!?Mya had hits back when Pac was talking to you like a child when you were 30. You get in that damn booth and record a classic verse for her
full

I get the feeling Jay is one of those dudes whos game is to diss women to make them more intrigued on some "Is this ugly ass nikka really talking to me like im ugly too:picard:?"

Not suprised at all it worked on "Beyonce"(because they say shes slightly delayed)
wVDOf3.gif
:russ::russ::russ::russ:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Eve does not have a slew of hits:

What Ya'll Want
Gotta Man
Love Is Blind
Who's That Girl
Let Me Blow Ya Mind
Gangsta Love

Features:

Ride or Die Chick
Hot Boyz
Rich Girls
Not Today

^^^ her hits. To put this in perspective, she lost a Verzuz against Trina whose hits never charted as high and she doesn't have a platinum album.
She lost that Verzuz because she gave a terrible performance due to her being in an entirely different time zone during it. There was like a 6 hour time difference and Eve was performing like she had been up for days :laff:

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Because it's proving the point. How did her album sales dwindle after having a single THAT big? It's her biggest single. Yes, she still went platinum, but that's beside the point.

It's misleading to say she went on to be a bigger artist after her debut. She became bigger because she branched out into other avenues besides rapping. How do you not see that this proves Jay Z's point? Eve's next album flopped with a single that featured Alicia Keys.

Look Eve second album is what made her a mainstream star not her first, it doesn’t prove Jays point at all, after he said that she became bigger. I guarantee Eves second album generates more money for her than her first, so what we really talking about?

Budda

Superstar
Daps
it’s not only about the advice it’s about the timing and context, you have to know when to say certain things to people, whatever he was saying could wait Eve was already in good hands and could actually rap

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Oddly enough that Eve’s career kinda fizzled out after the second album…

Good thing that she got into acting.

With that being, Jay was a dikkhead for saying that knowing he ghostwrote for Foxy who sold a mill on the first album

I agree, especially since you said "oddly" cuz she still had hits and a fairly

decent 3rd album im sure (cant say i remember listening to it in full, or it was yrs ago)

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look Eve second album is what made her a mainstream star not her first, it doesn’t prove Jays point at all, after he said that she became bigger. I guarantee Eves second album generates more money for her than her first, so what we really talking about?

She wasn't bigger. There is no evidence of her becoming bigger musically speaking. The bigger Eve got outside of music, the less relevant she became musically. This proves what Jay was saying because Eve's career musically was done in three years. She branched out and became bigger acting as her music fizzled out. Prove me wrong. Eve had a pretty big single in "Tambourine" and Interscope shelved the album.