Rapper Eve Reveals Jay-Z Called When Her Debut Album Dropped & Told Her Not to Get Her Hopes Up Because Female Rappers "Don't Really Do That Well

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Not to hate, but her career kinda proved his point, no? Might have been out of the loop, but didn't hear much about her after her debut.
She won a grammy, released two more albums and then did movies. She also had a slew of hits her last being Tambourine iirc

Daps
nikkas in here tryna defend and then wonder why X always felt a way about Jay during that time. Lol. nikka was pulling shyt like that. Meanwhile trying to push his own female artist in that time frame.

Tell me again why X felt a certain way about jay, these are the RR CEO’s talking in this video, no speculation just facts.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
A couple points

- I don't know if I believe her especially in the midst of selling a book and very likely isn't quoting him verbatim wether it's due to time or dap fishing.

- Even if he said it exactly how she framed it, that's a sober take. Out of context of the rest of their interactions, sounds like the issue isn't the statement itself but him taking time out of his day to be a dikk about it.

Or better yet that could get her to fall back so he didn't have to "drop A Mil" lol...ya'll give this nikka too much credit and not enough all at once.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Oddly enough that Eve’s career kinda fizzled out after the second album…

Good thing that she got into acting.

With that being, Jay was a dikkhead for saying that knowing he ghostwrote for Foxy who sold a mill on the first album

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
He wasn't wrong.. for every 1 Eve there's a hundred Ms. JADE

:yeshrug:

Plenty of people have talent and don't make it

And even with all that success I never hear anyone ever mention EvE not even in Philly

Ms. Jade’s first album wasn’t bad…. The singles weren’t bad to me.

Damn Timbaland didn’t even know how to run a label. He’s the reason why Pastor Troy’s career wasn’t the same.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Jay was probably throwing shade at Eve considering that she was with his frienemy…

Eve stood with the best of em.

I’m glad that she didn’t go the Trina/Kim route.

Foxy pulled that on the second album.

Crazy enough that Chyna Doll is a personal fav of mines