"RAp dOeSnt infLUence Kids tO Do bAd"

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
I comprehend that the sole factor being attributed I'm this thread is rap music......it would seem you have a problem conveying your complete opinion.........get your daps, but do it honestly breh.......my goodness
That post did not say rap was the only factor influencing young black kids.

Read it calmly.

You cats get so emotional when people say something about gangsta rap that you can't even read correctly.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
‘But what about the parents?’

Two things can be wrong at the same time

‘But I listen to it & I’m not a criminal?’

As if the fukken world revolves around you

:what:

The copy & paste arguments these nikkas pull out are something else.
When this topic comes up, people use the dumbest arguments to defend gangsta rap.
SMH

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
When this topic comes up, people use the dumbest arguments to defend gangsta rap.
SMH
Because it’s common sense. We all know media in general influences people. Commercials wouldn’t exist if they didn’t. I push back against the narrative because it doesn’t align with history. Our communities were at their most violent prior to raps existence but some people hop on here and act like rap is the main contributing factor to everything that’s wrong in the community. It’s short sighted and an easy scapegoat.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I think y'all are confusing "influence" with "root cause".

It happens every time the topic comes up. No one's here saying there's a certain number of raps one can listen to before they start getting active in the field.

There's been an ongoing campaign to raise people's awareness to disinformation campaigns orchestrated by foreign actors like Russia VIA TWEETS. people can be influenced to believe things which might impact the way they vote during elections but we can't imagine how listening to music for years on end that centers around the celebration of Black death might influence our attitudes and potentially our actions.

:francis:

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Nonsense. The high majority of people that listen to rap do not decide to become a scammer or gang member. Crash outs are crash outs that would’ve found their way to some bs regardless of what music they listened to.

Thank you. You summed my point up perfectly.

Other races especially White people consume all this rap shyt four times the amount that Black people do, and guess what? They not out here doing drills like we are, are they intellectually and morally superior?
Hell no!
They do have access to better resources and better environments, which shape their opportunities.

Our problems as Black Americans is far deeper than music, our entire lives is a byproduct of White supremacy and all the generational trauma and ills of slavery.
If we wanna keep it a buck music is dead last of things that we need to clean up and get our minds right about.

A lot of us are coming from broken homes, criminal parents/family, extreme poverty, poor education etc., some of us lost the mental battle before the music ever graced our ears, so what are we really talking about?

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
It happens every time the topic comes up. No one's here saying there's a certain number of raps one can listen to before they start getting active in the field.

There's been an ongoing campaign to raise people's awareness to disinformation campaigns orchestrated by foreign actors like Russia VIA TWEETS. people can be influenced to believe things which might impact the way they vote during elections but we can't imagine how listening to music for years on end that centers around the celebration of Black death might influence our attitudes and potentially our actions.

:francis:
I get on my soapbox about this topic because I had to write so much about it in college. I used to think "nah, the media doesn't influence anyone. The average human is smarter than that." But influence is about shades of grey...I legit grew up with people that sold drugs and robbed people because they listened to certain rappers. I went to COLLEGE with goofy-ass black AND white kids who grew in 5 and 6 bedroom homes, who had their tuition covered in full, who started trapping out of their dorm room.

It's not about "I listened to 'I shot you' so I went into a trance, picked up a gun and shot someone". "It's I listen to all this murder music, I need to carry a gun. And if I run into a similar situation that I heard in a song and have seen people around me go through something similar...this is HOW I NEED TO ACT and RESPOND to said situations..."

I say this as someone who legit loves 90's-2000's gangsta rap. It's probably my favorite genre.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
rs-heavens-gate-cult-suicide-v3-f4e55241-0ce9-49be-8d44-6f7637cb98b1.jpg

"buhH BUH buh it wasn't me, the alien comet spaceship made me do it!!!!" :wow:

Last edited:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Influence can almost never be proven with certainty. But we can attribute trends.

Please sit all the way the fukk down.
"Please sit down while I elaborate on my endless conjecture guys, this ain't about facts it's about vibes!!!" :russ:

/thread

These dumbass nikkas are embarrassing

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
"Please sit down while I elaborate on my endless conjecture guys, this ain't about facts it's about vibes!!!" :russ:

/thread

These dumbass nikkas are embarrassing
Laugh when you don't understand what trends are, brehs...

Sometimes I don't know why I bother.

But then I realize...I'm not responding for you. Only to you.