"RAp dOeSnt infLUence Kids tO Do bAd"

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
If rap doesn't lead black people don't paths of degeneracy, then why are there so many black neighborhoods nationwide that are middle class but still have gangs, drug dealers, shootings etc? Then why are there black males who grow up in middle class 2 parent households but still their life goal is to be a "real nikka"? Professional Black women who has multiple college educated well mannered black women around them, but instead they look at them as "corny and lame" and rather date some petty drug dealer from the block instead?
All of the things you listed existed before rap. Gangs, drug dealers, violence, wanting to prove your tough even though you didn’t grow up in the slums, and well off women choosing criminals over “square” men predate rap. Rap was/is the most popular genre of music. The majority of people that listen to it do not become criminals. Sheep will sheep.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
But what you're saying basically states there's no such thing as manipulative influence
So what you are saying is is that we'll adjusted everyday people are absolved based on whatever they say influenced them knowing that people will say anything, and I mean anything to avoid full blame for their actions..........you telling me I don't have no choice but to capitulate to the stereotypes........just tell me that you don't believe in progress and that dated agendad.....agendaed(?) Psychological theories used to keep folks in a holding pattern are what you hold deep in your core......you know who gonna laugh at your if you say the rap made me do it......the law, and cacs in general who gone keep laughing at you when you tell them you fukking dudes in jail during your prison sentence, but it's not gay while you locked up.......shrug......do your thing though doggie.......I don't judge

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
I lost a brother to gang violence. All he did was listen to drill music.

I got to read all these posts about how it’s always the parents fault when I know my dad doesn’t consume that type of music and he tried his best to be a loving father and put him in the right direction

My brother and his friends only consumed drill music and hood shyt on YouTube. And I don’t know if these posters have kids or not, and if they do are they living in a nice neighborhood or not…

But it’s annoying to read posts saying they grew up on gangsta rap music and it didn’t affect them…. Yeah you also listened to r&b, black artists who were in different genres like rock, gospel, and uplifting music.

These kids in the hood listen to drill 24/7 they watch hood shyt 24/7. Like you didn’t have YouTube at the palm of your hands at the age of 8. You’re a 45 year old man on the coli who grew up in different times when the internet had no impact. Yeah it’s the parents fault for not monitoring these little kids watching and viewing habits.

But for us to blame the parents then we have to acknowledge that type of content can damage a young mind.

I don’t ever seen any of these hood nikkas getting on live bumping fall out boy or any of these chicks shaking their ass to araianna grande

It’s not the main problem but it’s a common trait of the environment

Who says it's ONE factor?

You cats have a comprehension problem.
I comprehend that the sole factor being attributed I'm this thread is rap music......it would seem you have a problem conveying your complete opinion.........get your daps, but do it honestly breh.......my goodness

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I comprehend that the sole factor being attributed I'm this thread is rap music......it would seem you have a problem conveying your complete opinion.........get your daps, but do it honestly breh.......my goodness
Obviously you can’t comprehend anything

My last sentence says it’s not the sole factor :stopitslime:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
My nephew, age 11, was caught looking at swipers on amazon. I asked wtf is he going to do with that? He said "have you heard of Punchmadekev" or some shyt. I never even heard of him until I went home and searched. I'm not even kidding this was about a month ago. I snitched to my sister. Not sure what happened to him after that. :francis:

edit: I also asked him how he planned to buy it, he responded with "I have my ways" :wtf: I told my sister to put her cards in her safe. :damn:

Daps
not the same poster who refuses to listen to ab-soul in one thread, shytting on alleged focus on drill music in the next thread

the lack of self-awareness, the hypocrisy, the unmitigated gall of some consumers to lack accountability :dead:

Last edited:

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Obviously you can’t comprehend anything

My last sentence says it’s not the sole factor :stopitslime:
But the only point you articulated was there consumption of drill music/video 24/7......you literally said nothing else.....you mentioned your father's efforts in passing........but your opinion is heavily skewed anyway because of your loss........opinions like that are set in stone no matter what........here's to your healing breh.........and everybody story ain't as simple as you make it.......people don't elaborate for whatever reason they choose.......I make light of mine because remembering what it took not to succumb to the pressure and the influence and the un monitored and encouraged deviant behavior pushed by multiple own mother makes me spiral......which took me yeeeeears to realize and never recover from........so yeah......people understand perfectly fine exactly what you are talking about which is why they refute it.........

Last edited:

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
My nephew, age 11, was caught looking at swipers on amazon. I asked wtf is he going to do with that? He said "have you heard of Punchmadekev" or some shyt. I never even heard of him until I went home and searched. I'm not even kidding this was about a month ago. I snitched to my sister. Not sure what happened to him after that. :francis:

edit: I also asked him how he planned to buy it, he responded with "I have my ways" :wtf: I told my sister to put her cards in her safe. :damn:
You monitored, you asked questions, and you intervened............only thing left is to follow up and continue to monitor.......you didn't ignore it, you gathered information and passed it along to the proper authorities.........

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
But the only point you articulated was there consumption of drill music/video 24/7......you literally said nothing else.....you mentioned your father's efforts in passing........but your opinion is heavily skewed anyway because of your loss........opinions like that are set in stone no matter what........here's to your healing breh
The thread is about how harmful drill music can be

Why would I tackle other topics first when the topic of conversation is about the music, which I believe has some contribution?

I made sure to address that I don’t think it’s the main reason before submitting..

you could have quoted me and asked me to expand on what other factors I believe helped cause his end instead of using my post to prove an argument to another poster.

No you clearly want daps breh

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
The thread is about how harmful drill music can be

Why would I tackle other topics first when the topic of conversation is about the music, which I believe has some contribution?

I made sure to address that I don’t think it’s the main reason before submitting..

you could have quoted me and asked me to expand on what other factors I believe helped cause his end instead of using my post to prove an argument to another poster.

No you clearly want daps breh
I edited my post, but you moving the goal breh

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I edited my post, but you moving the goal breh
i see that and my response is so what

i had no intention of articulating anything else. I just made sure to say that I don’t think it’s the main reason or should be boiled down to it

I didn’t come in here with the intenetion to start arguments and listen to different view points or options as to what else happened

I personally believe from my experience that music has influence and I brought my father in it to show no matter what he did or how he told my bro not to glorify what he saw on the intnernet or what he listened to he did it anyways because that’s what him and his boys loved. Is it the main reason for his downfall? No. But that wasn’t the point.

I’m saying don’t use my post to prove your point when the topic of the thread was about the music and I had no intentions of elaborating on anything else other than the topic at hand.

You had no idea what my intentions were yet you used my post for your own argument when I’m not trying to have any argument.

Now I’m just gonna leave it at that and not post in here anymore.

Have a good day breh