"RAp dOeSnt infLUence Kids tO Do bAd"

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
You guys got to quit saying rap culture. There are many sub-genres in rap.

White people are not coming in droves to go see drill rappers at local clubs

White people out here paying to see rappers where you gotta spend 300 dollars on ticket master so stop the 🧢
Yes they are. You’re mistaken and I’m well aware of the different genres of rap but I went to Howard we listened to Whoop that trick in the cafeteria. You thinking white people don’t listen to trap is not true. White people consume and promote it damn near more than we do. There’s some white bytches in Idaho right now singing Sexy Red’s and EST Gee’s songs words for word. Some have gotten rich off of making YouTube channels dedicated to the ins and outs of the real street beefs behind drill music. Just because they’re smart enough not to go into small venues where they’d be outnumbered does not mean they don’t stream and enjoy it.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
if that’s the case then why isn’t drill music main stream like the other sub cultures in rap?

White people occupy space with us when it comes to Kanye or the wu tang clan or Nas or at festivals but they’re bumping drill behind the scenes?

America 70 percent white… if they’re consuming drill music like that I would expect drill music to be on the billboards or whatever

Drill rap isn’t mainstream?

You named two rap stars and a legendary rap group who do big venues which draw a large White presence.
White people are absolutely bumping Lil Durk heavy etc. but they not finna pop up at a club show with a large Black presence.
And drill rappers have been making the Hot 100 for the last ten years, what are you talking about?

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
You guys got to quit saying rap culture. There are many sub-genres in rap.

White people are not coming in droves to go see drill rappers at local clubs

White people out here paying to see rappers where you gotta spend 300 dollars on ticket master so stop the 🧢
Keep it a buck which has more of an effect on our community. Rap music or the crack epidemic, over incarceration, redlining, welfare and the fact that white men have a better chance of being hired over a black man with no criminal record at all.

Edit: We all know who pushed crack into our neighborhoods and the difference in how they’re reacting to opioid epidemic going through their community.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Hip Hop is unarguably one of the Top 5 worst things to happen to black culture. Y'all are in sheer denial.

I have a brother-in-law that flat out refuses to let his kids (8 year old boy, 5 year old girl) listen to that shyt at all.

They only listen to Afrobeats, R&B and Pop music in his household. :dead:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Yes they are. You’re mistaken and I’m well aware of the different genres of rap but I went to Howard we listened to Whoop that trick in the cafeteria. You thinking white people don’t listen to trap is not true. White people consume and promote it damn near more than we do. There’s some white bytches in Idaho right now singing Sexy Red’s and EST Gee’s songs words for word. Some have gotten rich off of making YouTube channels dedicated to the ins and outs of the real street beefs behind drill music. Just because they’re smart enough not to go into small venues where they’d be outnumbered does not mean they don’t stream and enjoy it.
I didn’t say white people didn’t listen to trap I said they’re not driving in droves to trap concerts and it’s true.

There can be a rule to an exception in Durk, Durk makes music with country artists like Morgan Wallen and he has songs with the biggest artists of thsi generation he’s clearly not your typical drill rapper he’s bigger than the rest of them lol but the thing is black people are going to Durk concerts to so it debunks bro argument that white people don’t want to share a space with black people.

How bout maybe the majority are not listening to the other drill artists like that to go see them

Keep it a buck which has more of an effect on our community. Rap music or the crack epidemic, over incarceration, redlining, welfare and the fact that white men have a better chance of being hired over a black man with no criminal record at all.

Edit: We all know who pushed crack into our neighborhoods and the difference in how they’re reacting to opioid epidemic going through their community.
All the above. That’s why I said it’s just one small influence lol yet you guys coming with your pitch forks as if I said it’s the main reason.

Now you keep it a buck with me. If we as people can eliminate or stigmatize any influence, no matter how small it is, then why can’t we? Why because you guys like the music in your personal time?

Drill rap isn’t mainstream?

You named two rap stars and a legendary rap group who do big venues which draw a large White presence.
White people are absolutely bumping Lil Durk heavy etc. but they not finna pop up at a club show with a large Black presence.
And drill rappers have been making the Hot 100 for the last ten years, what are you talking about?
Okay I’ll go smaller than

Chance the rapper, Joey badass…. White people filling those spaces with black people

Other than that I don’t know what to tell you… I can’t list any drill rappers because I don’t listen to them

Paradoxical Tiger

Head Youngin of CatSet
Daps
Sigh, here we are yet again arguing over the same shyt.

Entertainment clearly has influence.

I mean, imagine seeing one of your favorite actors dying (Like Denzel or Angela Basset).

These people have done nothing but pretend to be someone and yet, you'll feel some type of way when the news of their passing hits you.

Same thing goes for YB, Durk, etc.

The thing with these rappers is that it's not the fact that they're talking about violence, it's the fact that they are actively killing people and we know it.

It almost the equivalent of Red Rooms, where in a Red Room, someone is being killed on live stream and people donate to request certain things to happen to them.

This form of Drill Rap does just that.

Remember when Von died? Well ever since, Durk's page has been filled with memes of Von's corpse with a caption that says: Slide for me Durk :(

This is such a multi layered issue that I could talk about this for hours.

Haven't even touched on how the music calls black men nikkas and black women bytches (Which is easier a kill? A nikka or a black man?)

Or how Stans (Like beyhive) completely showcase the power of entertainment

Or how these rappers push forward a culture of self hatred, which in turn, causes black people to lose hope in terms of progress

This post I made is just barely scratching the surface

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I get what you’re saying breh and it’s no point to continue the back and forth

You over here trying to elaborate on a study that you participated in and this dude over here posting mass shooters

Right or wrong it’s no point in battling someone who just here to make fun of the thread
"My intro to English 300 study at my local city college told me so..." :russ:

These goofy nikkas are hilarious LMAOOOOOO

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Sigh, here we are yet again arguing over the same shyt.

Entertainment clearly has influence.

I mean, imagine seeing one of your favorite actors dying (Like Denzel or Angela Basset).

These people have done nothing but pretend to be someone and yet, you'll feel some type of way when the news of their passing hits you.

Same thing goes for YB, Durk, etc.

The thing with these rappers is that it's not the fact that they're talking about violence, it's the fact that they are actively killing people and we know it.

It almost the equivalent of Red Rooms, where in a Red Room, someone is being killed on live stream and people donate to request certain things to happen to them.

This form of Drill Rap does just that.

Remember when Von died? Well ever since, Durk's page has been filled with memes of Von's corpse with a caption that says: Slide for me Durk :(

This is such a multi layered issue that I could talk about this for hours.

Haven't even touched on how the music calls black men nikkas and black women bytches (Which is easier a kill? A nikka or a black man?)

Or how Stans (Like beyhive) completely showcase the power of entertainment

Or how these rappers push forward a culture of self hatred, which in turn, causes black people to lose hope in terms of progress

This post I made is just barely scratching the surface
> rap can not have impact or influence people

> Not Like Us got the entire world making fun of Drake

"My intro to English 300 study at my local city college told me so..." :russ:

These goofy nikkas are hilarious LMAOOOOOO
oh no I’d rather listen to someone opinion who did any type of research you got me bro :wow:

Let me leave I’m embarrassed

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Hip Hop is unarguably one of the Top 5 worst things to happen to black culture. Y'all are in sheer denial.

I have a brother-in-law that flat out refuses to let his kids (8 year old boy, 5 year old girl) listen to that shyt at all.

They only listen to Afrobeats, R&B and Pop music in his household. :dead:

This childs father is absentee in prison for running an alleged criminal enterpriae and your dumbass takway is to talk about some gangster rap made me do it :russ:

These are the low cognitive ability nikkas that will be bringing and rasing more children into this world

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
oh no I’d rather listen to someone opinion who did any type of research you got me bro :wow:

Let me leave I’m embarrassed
Thank you for acknowledging your incompetence to the public....that's all we ask of you goofballs :russ:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
This childs father is absentee in prison for running an alleged criminal enterpriae and your dumbass takway is to talk about some gangster rap made me do it :russ:

These are the low cognitive ability nikkas that will be bringing and rasing more children into this world
Thank you for acknowledging your incompetence to the public....that's all we ask of you goofballs :russ:
Not a rapper’s children rapping about killing someone

Bro so smart I forgot I got to leave :wow:

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I didn’t say white people didn’t listen to trap I said they’re not driving in droves to trap concerts and it’s true.

There can be a rule to an exception in Durk, Durk makes music with country artists like Morgan Wallen and he has songs with the biggest artists of thsi generation he’s clearly not your typical drill rapper he’s bigger than the rest of them lol but the thing is black people are going to Durk concerts to so it debunks bro argument that white people don’t want to share a space with black people.

How bout maybe the majority are not listening to the other drill artists like that to go see them

All the above. That’s why I said it’s just one small influence lol yet you guys coming with your pitch forks as if I said it’s the main reason.

Now you keep it a buck with me. If we as people can eliminate or stigmatize any influence, no matter how small it is, then why can’t we? Why because you guys like the music in your personal time?

Okay I’ll go smaller than

Chance the rapper, Joey badass…. White people filling those spaces with black people

Other than that I don’t know what to tell you… I can’t list any drill rappers because I don’t listen to them
The people in this thread are speaking of the Lil Durks of the industry. They don’t even know the names of the smaller artists like you said for yourself let alone know how much influence they have over people. How can this simultaneously be a widespread issue that’s effecting our community at large but be based on the smaller artists that nobody knows about? Whatever message is being spread is being spread by major artists who have a large white, black, and every other group of people that listen to them following that do not decide to fall into a life of crime because their favorite musician rapped about it.

To your second point, I acknowledged that media is influential. I think rap music can have a negative effect on people but those people that are well are off are sheep that nobody can save and the people that aren’t well off are more so influenced by other factors like the things I spoke about before. We shouldn’t have to disregard the whole genre because of it just like we shouldn’t have to disregard crime or horror movies because somebody might get an idea. My main point is I can acknowledge there’s issues with the music but it is the lowest item on the totem pole to what is causing the issues in our community. And I say that all respectfully. I’m not trying to argue with someone that wants to see better for us.

Last edited: