Rachel Nichols removed from NBA Finals sidelines, replaced by Malika Andrews

calh45

Cal
Daps
Because she isn’t Michael Strahan and therefore can’t leverage that type of money and power play. Even Michael Strahan didn’t have the pull that Ripa did to negotiate a higher pay compared to her. With all 100% honestly, she’s pretty boring as analyst and lacks personality and charisma compared to others at ESPN. Nice person, but boring.

You’re also overlooking the fact that Strahan is under the same umbrella that Taylor is at Disney.
No one knew Michael Strahan was this dude until he showed up gap toothed and laughing at cheeseball shyt. You say he didn't have the pull as Ripa, but he's currently making DOUBLE on one show than SAS is making across the entire network of ESPN.

Kelly Ripa is boring and that's what they pay her the money for. You're using ESPN/Disney as the "model" when literally everyone thinks their shyt is broken. I like that she's not attention whoring it up like everyone else on that channel. It's not her job to make waves. It's her to keep things light and keep things pushing. Those are the ones who are paid the most in the hosting game. Strahan is in under the Disney umbrella, but Disney ain't the only ones with a network in the game. You're trapping your replies in the prism of "sports" and also "disney". They aren't the only ones with money and shows.

She could be a host on CBS this Morning tomorrow and be making bank. Gayle King is making $11 million per year to drink coffee and make light hearted jokes between two white dudes.

Today on NBC. Name the last time you heard Hoda or Al Roker say something compelling on those morning shows.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
No one knew Michael Strahan was this dude until he showed up gap toothed and laughing at cheeseball shyt. You say he didn't have the pull as Ripa, but he's currently making DOUBLE on one show than SAS is making across the entire network of ESPN.

Kelly Ripa is boring and that's what they pay her the money for. You're using ESPN/Disney as the "model" when literally everyone thinks their shyt is broken. I like that she's not attention whoring it up like everyone else on that channel. It's not her job to make waves. It's her to keep things light and keep things pushing. Those are the ones who are paid the most in the hosting game. Strahan is in under the Disney umbrella, but Disney ain't the only ones with a network in the game. You're trapping your replies in the prism of "sports" and also "disney". They aren't the only ones with money and shows.

She could be a host on CBS this Morning tomorrow and be making bank. Gayle King is making $11 million per year to drink coffee and make light hearted jokes between two white dudes.

Today on NBC. Name the last time you heard Hoda or Al Roker say something compelling on those morning shows.

Serious question…… How many people actually made the success transition from sports to the level that Michael Strahan is currently :comeon:

If other athletes were able to do it that easily, don’t you think they’d be in those type of positions right now at those networks? A better and more easier route for her to follow Erin Andrews and Charissa Thompson blueprint.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly.

This won't mean anything if this time next year Maria is unemployed or underpaid on another network and Rachel is still swinging her little legs under whatever table she wants at ESPN

yep. this is bigger than optics. they can show they're serious by retaining maria, not putting their plan b (rachel) on the sideline for the rest of maria's contract.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Serious question…… How many people actually made the success transition from sports to the level that Michael Strahan is currently :comeon:

If other athletes were able to do it that easily, don’t you think they’d be in those type of positions right now at those networks? A better and more easier route for her to follow Erin Andrews and Charissa Thompson blueprint.
She don’t need to follow anything just need to be the best version of herself. MT competitive advantage is being herself

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Y'all are dancing, but I bet MT is about to get cut after the finals too. This feels like they're going to pull one of those "both sides are bad" moves.

CBS should get at her right now to host SEC on CBS. That's honestly just as high profile as a gig as the ESPN NBA host and I can't name who hosts that thing......Only Tim Brando comes to mind. I can't even tell you who their Saturday college basketball OR March Madness host is either and she can slide into those spots. Everyone at CBS is getting old, except Nate Burleson, and they a few major sports brands on their network.

Maria hasn't done or said anything publicly. So espn can't act like she's the issue.

Maria is a cfb girl. Fox would be glad to have her.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Exactly.

This won't mean anything if this time next year Maria is unemployed or underpaid on another network and Rachel is still swinging her little legs under whatever table she wants at ESPN

I mean…… isn’t that essentially what ESPN/Disney was playing to do anyways?

They knew the story could come out at anytime, yet still kept giving Nichols high profile gigs while also giving Taylor a lower offer. Who do you think they are/ were going to pick?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Maria hasn't done or said anything publicly. So espn can't act like she's the issue.

Maria is a cfb girl. Fox would be glad to have her.
Not at 5 mill though. Espn will act like she the issue if white folks start acting like most on here on Maria side. This shyt about money at the end of,the day and if white conservative types start bytching and messing with the money they'll let Maria go too. All that matters is the $$$ at the end of the day

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Not at 5 mill though. Espn will act like she the issue if white folks start acting like most on here on Maria side. This shyt about money at the end of,the day and if white conservative types start bytching and messing with the money they'll let Maria go too. All that matters is the $$$ at the end of the day
They’re going to cry about ratings at the end of the day. These networks big and small are not sparing any feelings letting people with years of experience walk just to hire done youngster that will do more work for less pay. If that’s happening on smaller networks, you damn sure know it’s happening at places like ESPN. Who’s to say that they won’t let Maria AND Rachel walk? There’s a few young ladies ready to take those jobs right now. I know one in particular that’s working on the SEC network right now that I bet would take those chicks jobs and you probably wouldn’t even have to pay her a milly(right now)

calh45

Cal
Daps

You're limiting the question by saying who reached the level of Strahan who's on the flagship morning show of a network, but that doesn't mean there weren't other successful attempts of athletes to be outside of sports. There's people who see Akbar on American Ninja Warrior every week who know him more as a show host than a defensive end. Dhani Jones had a travel show for a while. Brandon Marshall is building a network of athletes talking about other shyt outside of sports. She's has that potential and she'd be the only one on ESPN right now that I say could actually pull it off up to Strahan's level. ESPN does a great job of producing blowhard jackasses for attention and she ain't one of them. She can easily do Erin/Charissa style work, but from what I see I think she could very much be a Robin Roberts/Michael Strahan. If you want a list of others I think is capable:

1. Tony Romo - This one is pretty self explanatory. He's already talking about expanding into a role with the CBS golf team etc.
2. Grant Hill - I genuinely think the only reason he hasn't pulled a Strahan is because he doesn't want to, but he for damn sure could.
3. Nate Burleson - After the Nickelodeon game last season in the playoffs he showed he should be chasing dollars outside of sports.

If you disagree then you disagree, but I'm not about to put her in a box with Erin Andrews when I don't think they're the same at all.

HarlemRiverDrive

Rated X by an all white jury.
Daps
Reppin
South Chicago
YOU MEAN TO TELL ME MY MVP JIMMY BUCKETS SPENDS HIS TIME WORKING OUT UNTIL 4AM AND SMASHING MUDMOUTHED YT PPL!?

say it aint so dawg :mjcry: