crownRoyalReignOn.jpg

:wow:

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
if this was some thug ass rapper lit up thread would be like 50 pages

Yep. We don't care about our legends. It's usually cacs who pay for their headstones and other stuff.

Headstones like this are all over Mississippi, usually paid for by cacs.

ej_grave.jpg

The blues is our music through and through. It's a shame we haven't preserved its legacy. shyt like this is golden:

Cacs keepin' it alive tho.

:ehh:

Sometimes, nikkas have to see non-Blacks playing our shyt to realize how incredible it is.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yep. We don't care about our legends. It's usually cacs who pay for their headstones and other stuff.

Headstones like this are all over Mississippi, usually paid for by cacs.

ej_grave.jpg

The blues is our music through and through. It's a shame we haven't preserved its legacy. shyt like this is golden:

yeah man you go to many of these old black blues, jazz, even r&b singers, hell even old rappers the crowds are mostly whites

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
yeah man you go to many of these old black blues, jazz, even r&b singers, hell even old rappers the crowds are mostly whites

Yeah. We don't value our creations. Now, when cacs mimic the artists and styles they value, they get hit with the cultural appropriation shyt.

I applaud cacs for continuing to support those artists. Otherwise, they'd all die broke and buried in unmarked graves!

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Watch. When BB King finally passes on, you're going to get all this shyt on BET and TVOne about him.

The BET Awards will do a tribute.

Why didn't they do all that shyt while he was alive? He is a true living legend.

bb king we love you, with some dude like john legend doing a tribute

same with michael jackson man,michael jackson was only loved and appreciated in japan and a few european countries till he died

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
bb king we love you, with some dude like john legend doing a tribute

same with michael jackson man,michael jackson was only loved and appreciated in japan and a few european countries till he died

That cac Stevie Ray Vaughan had more soul in him than most of these current Black artists.

That cac could play.

As he got big, he made sure that he brought dudes like Buddy Guy, Albert Collins, and others along. He made sure his influences continued to eat.

I can respect that cac for that.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Here's 10-year-old cac, Toby Lee, paying tribute to BB last month

When news broke recently of legendary blues guitarist B.B. King’s hospitalization and subsequent release to home hospice care, many fans around the world offered well wishes to the ill musician. Among those sharing good vibes with B.B. was 10-year-old guitar prodigy Toby Lee.

Decked out in a tiger suit, the young English guitarist played an inspiring performance of the 89-year-old bluesman’s most well-known song “The Thrill Is Gone.” Lee added the message, “Get Well Soon Mr BB King - Love from Toby. I hope you get to see this!” and received a response from King’s daughter Rita King, as well as guitarist Linda Ludwig who claimed to have shared the video with B.B.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/124997/Video-10-Year-Old-Toby-Lee-B.B.-King-Tribute

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So, that make Ludacris a Chicago rap legend and not a Atlanta rap legend. :beli:

nikka GTFOH.

Most people was born in little country towns back in the 30's-40's.

All of my grandparents was born in little country towns in Texas. But if you ask them where they're from and they will all say Dallas. My grandfather didn't even move to Dallas until he was 19. But he cosidered Dallas to be where he's from.

You're confusing two different things, yes Luda was born in Chicago just like Kanye was born in Atlanta. But that's not what I'm talking about here. I'm talking about the history of Mississippi and the fact that no one outside of David Banner really claims Mississippi and how it contributes to what Mississippi has been reduced to from a public perception standpoint. Memphis is the largest importer of entertainers from Mississippi (B.B. King, Elvis Presley, Sam Cooke, Bo Diddley, Willie Mitchell). More specifically ALL of the main blues pioneers that got their start in Memphis where from Mississippi which is important to know when it comes to tracking the early origins of blues music.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
That cac Stevie Ray Vaughan had more soul in him than most of these current Black artists.

That cac could play.

As he got big, he made sure that he brought dudes like Buddy Guy, Albert Collins, and others along. He made sure his influences continued to eat.

I can respect that cac for that.

Good...I fukk with SRV but dude whole damn playing style is taken from Albert King...

His phrasing,his bending technique,his licks...Stevie just played with more aggression :wow: