Question: When married cats say DON'T get married...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Bruh, if someone "bought" property from me BEFORE I got married, there isn't a single thing a broad could do. Come tell me different.

:obama:
matrimonial home - The place where a husband and wife live

In Ontario, family law states that you cannot include the matrimonial home in a prenuptial agreement.

so yes j lova, if you bought a nice 500k house years before marriage only in your name, and you get married adn your wife moves in and you guys stay married for 5-6 years and you guys divorce, then yep more than likely you will have to sell the house and split the profits, or buy her out, or gasp if you have kids the court may give you exclusive possession of the matrimonial home.

While the prenup may save your pension, and alimony, it won't save your matrimonial home in ontario the province of one of the worse family law acts in the whole world.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since most marriages fail it would be beneficial if you got divorced while still relatively young so you can recover financially. But these days you have women divorcing men in their 50's and 60's. She doesn't need you as much at this age and will walk away with an windfall of all the assets. Just think about losing half your 401K in your 60's with no hopes for any other income stream. You better have some kids that will take your old ass in after she kicks you out of the house you paid for all those years.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you seem to be pro marriage just wondering why you haven't tied the knot.

In Ontario, family law states that you cannot include the matrimonial home in a prenuptial agreement.

Just because you marry a broad that makes a good wage now, doesn';t mean once little jamal is popped that after her year off work she wants to go back and then what?

And I never said people that get married are crazy, i said there is nothing great about marriage for men, its for women and children.

I'm not pro anything. I just don't like when people who have had negative experiences try to tell me what I should do or think.

There's no time limit on when to get married, so I don't get what my age has to do with it. I'm 31...I was not going to get married while I was getting my shyt in order. I want to settle down eventually. I have been exposed to some great marriages, so if they can make it work, why can't I?

You and your "what ifs". What if my girl does not want to be a housewife and goes back to work after the year off? Your "what ifs" only seem to be negative. Why?

As far as property I'm not talking about the crib you live in. I'm talking about secondary property. She can't come after that if you know what you're doing. I have looked into this man.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I feel sorry for people that feel this negatively about marriage. Y'all are letting stupid people getting married for the wrong reasons deter you from one of the greatest things you can do in life. I will admit marriage is not for everyone, and even if it is right for you, you may never find the right mate. But if you do, and you get married at the right time for the right reasons, that union can be the greatest feeling in the world.

You only have to pay alimony if you make so much more than your mate. If the two of you got married knowing one would be the financial provider than it is fair that a person continue financial support for some time after the divorce. If you disagree with this statement than don't enter a marriage in which you will be the majority provider of finances. You don't have to deny yourself of marriage just find a financially stable person if this is one of your requirements.

Anybody with kids knows that most of your money goes to them anyway. That's why I don't understand dudes that get mad at child support. I have two kids now and over half of my money goes to them anyway. So what's the difference between paying child support, and going to buy diapers and milk yourself. If you don't want to spend all your money on kids than don't marry someone that wants kids.

I have been with my wife for almost 10 years, we just got married last year cause the time was right for us. As a man I could not be more proud of the family and future I'm building with my wife. If two people are really in love, and have compatible plans for the future, than there is nothing the world could throw at you that you couldn't handle. I don't care how strong of a man you are, you still need someone in your corner. I good mate has your back no matter what. For a man, outside your mother you will NEVER get that type of unconditional love without having a WIFE.

To those that say you can get all of this without getting married. I say you can't. Without getting married your mate has no right to make descisions if your sick. You can't file taxes together. You can't be on each others life insurance. If you get a woman pregnant and there are complications in child birth you would have no say in what happens to that child or the woman. This alone is a reason to get married to the person you love.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not pro anything. I just don't like when people who have had negative experiences try to tell me what I should do or think.

There's no time limit on when to get married, so I don't get what my age has to do with it. I'm 31...I was not going to get married while I was getting my shyt in order. I want to settle down eventually. I have been exposed to some great marriages, so if they can make it work, why can't I?

You and your "what ifs". What if my girl does not want to be a housewife and goes back to work after the year off? Your "what ifs" only seem to be negative. Why?

As far as property I'm not talking about the crib you live in. I'm talking about secondary property. She can't come after that if you know what you're doing. I have looked into this man.

Why wouldn't you want to learn about the negative consequences so you can weight the pros and cons before making an decision. In the end the choice is your but ignoring the negative consequences seems foolish to me.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I say this in every thread but, marriage affects both the man and WOMAN negatively

it kills me all you posters on this site are talking about losing half of everything you have and all this other shyt.

Regular everyday women do not come out better after a divorce

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why wouldn't you want to learn about the negative consequences so you can weight the pros and cons before making an decision. In the end the choice is your but ignoring the negative consequences seems foolish to me.

The problem is all you hear is the negative stuff. There are too many factors involved for me to look at one bad relationship and apply it to all relationships. Maybe your wife was a whore...mine isn't. Maybe you didn't peep the signs, I did. Maybe you were both unwilling to comprimise..we do..

Just saying...the negative is useless if that's all you harp on. If all I told you about driving a car was the high insurance, traffic tickets and accidents...wouldn't I only be telling you half of the story?

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I say this in every thread but, marriage affects both the man and WOMAN negatively

it kills me all you posters on this site are talking about losing half of everything you have and all this other shyt.

Pretty much. Imagine having to carry a worthless dude's 3 seeds. Raising them, cooking him food every day, cleaning the house, washing his dingy ass underwear, and then 10 years later he says "seeya" and leaves you with nothing?

Dudes act like hoes put their feet up and collect cheques the minute that ring is put on her finger.

A whole bunch of worrying about shyt that probably won't happen.

But let em tell it. :beli:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If they both were dirt poor during the marriage sure women will be worse off after an divorce. But if you both were in the upper income bracket during the marriage how in the world can she come out worse off after an divorce? The man making an decent income it will be much easier for the state to come after him for child support. These made up statistics on women doing worse after an divorce kill me. It's probably more to do with her living beyond her means after an divorce instead of downsizing her lifestyle with only 1 income now.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
If they both were dirt poor during the marriage sure women will be worse off after an divorce. But if you both were in the upper income bracket during the marriage how in the world can she come out worse off after an divorce? The man making an decent income it will be much easier for the state to come after him for child support. These made up statistics on women doing worse after an divorce kill me. It's probably more to do with her living beyond her means after an divorce instead of downsizing her lifestyle with only 1 income now.

first off, if you read my post you know I wouldnt be talking about upper income people.

Im talking about people on the coli that always talk about a women taking their stuff.

Women do worse after divorce because regular everyday marriages both the man and woman work.

That means they are living off of assets that are made up of 2 incomes.

A divorce is going to wreak havoc on the women as well as a man when they are accustomed to living off of two incomes for many years

Dudes always talk about women being better off after divorce are full of shyt

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If they both were dirt poor during the marriage sure women will be worse off after an divorce.But if you both were in the upper income bracket during the marriage how in the world can she come out worse off after an divorce? The man making an decent income it will be much easier for the state to come after him for child support. These made up statistics on women doing worse after an divorce kill me. It's probably more to do with her living beyond her means after an divorce instead of downsizing her lifestyle with only 1 income now.

If both are in the same income bracket, there will be no alimony. If you got married knowing you would be the provider of finances and she would take care if the kids. Why should that change if you get a divorce?

Daps
worry about the advice from married men WHOSE MARRIAGE YOU WANT YOURS TO RESEMBLE. if all the men in happy marriages tell you it is their worst mistake, then listen

but of course someone in a lousy marriage won't recommend it. just look at who you are taking your advice from.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If both are in the same income bracket, there will be no alimony. If you got married knowing you would be the provider of finances and she would take care if the kids. Why should that change if you get a divorce?

There is still going to be child support most likely and she'll probably keep the biggest asset the home. If they didn't live beyond their means while married she'll come out ahead. You know some other dude will end up moving in with her while the father is still stuck paying child support.

You dudes act like guys are just making up shyt like this. I've seen it happen to dudes who were friends of mine and family members. They need to do an study about how well guys fair financially after an divorce. Because some of the ones I know are broke as hell now after their wife divorced them took the house and kids.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
I always think it's hilarious when dudes say this because their "advice" is usually different depending on the gender they're advising. My uncles told my brother and male my cousins to never get married but then they told me, my sisters, and my female cousins not to stay with a man longer than 2 years without a ring.

Anyways I think they're being serious but who cares. Marriage isn't for everyone and if you and your partner don't want to do it then don't. That doesn't mean there's something wrong with marriage it means there's something wrong with the people in it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There is still going to be child support most likely and she'll probably keep the biggest asset the home. If they didn't live beyond their means while married she'll come out ahead. You know some other dude will end up moving in with her while the father is still stuck paying child support.

You dudes act like guys are just making up shyt like this. I've seen it happen to dudes who were friends of mine and family members. They need to do an study about how well guys fair financially after an divorce. Because some of the ones I know are broke as hell now after their wife divorced them took the house and kids.

Like I explained above, if you have kids most of your money is going to them anyway. What's the difference between paying child support and going to buy diapers and milk yourself? And the wife gets the house because she gets the kids. If you are really about taking care of your responsibilities you should WANT your kids to be living in a decent home. If you want to take care if your kids YOURSELF then judges are granting joint custody and making the married couple liquidate assets, including the house.

The dudes you are talking about, thought they could just walk away from the marriage and kids without any consequences. I will admit that the system is more friendly to women. But knowing that men should be even more responsible when making marriage plans in the first place.