Question: When married cats say DON'T get married...

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
AZ is not a common law state.

We live in an apt and I own a rental property in my own name.

I am her beneficiary on all of her accounts. We have no children.

I could honestly walk away from this in 2 hours and never have to deal with her again if it came to that. But, I like her, and she likes me. We still work hard for each other's affection. We aren't counting on the binds of a contract to keep us together.

That's your situation though. Some states, countries, etc have much stiffer laws. I mean, I could say that in a marriage I'm protected if I put my property and other assets in my mother's name, don't have kids and draw up an iron clad prenup.

I have a coworker that got married, didn't work out, they said fukk the courts and left with whatever they brought into the realtionship. I'll admit it's rare...just saying there's no fool proof plan in many cases.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This!, Lose Everything cause she wanted to act up? I think not. Marriage is what most women want, not something most men want.

Lemme correct this.

Women don't wanna be married either. They want a WEDDING and a RING and someone to call them WIFE, but for the most part they don't like being locked in any more than we do. Basically, they want the title but none of the responsibilities.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
These marriage topics are dumb. You got a bunch of dudes who will pick every negative story they've heard about dysfunctional marriages. Some folk will only focus on the fact that the glass is half empty....

Marriage isn't for everyone. There are good points that can be argued on both sides. But if you want kids..good luck trying to raise them while trying to live the "playa" lifestyle.

and you are 30 plus and not married, making good coin i wonder why you haven't tied the knot breh

may hve to give up your properties and half your wages if you marry your wife gets knocked up decides to stay home and then leaves you in 7 years (avg first marriage)

canada is the worse country in the world for marriage and divorce

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's your situation though.

Well.... yea breh how would I speak on a situation that wasn't my own?

Anyway, I hear ya, I just have looked at the situation and there's no way marriage would work for me. I would have resentment about it from day 1.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
That's your situation though. Some states, countries, etc have much stiffer laws. I mean, I could say that in a marriage I'm protected if I put my property and other assets in my mother's name, don't have kids and draw up an iron clad prenup.

I have a coworker that got married, didn't work out, they said fukk the courts and left with whatever they brought into the realtionship. I'll admit it's rare...just saying there's no fool proof plan in many cases.

even if its your moms name they can still come after it :mindblown:

any just out of law school lawyer can find out when the property was transferred,, as well they can come after your investments, pensions, and matrimonial home even if the condo was say in your moms name

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
These marriage topics are dumb. You got a bunch of dudes who will pick every negative story they've heard about dysfunctional marriages. Some folk will only focus on the fact that the glass is half empty....

Marriage isn't for everyone. There are good points that can be argued on both sides. But if you want kids..good luck trying to raise them while trying to live the "playa" lifestyle.

I enjoyed being married. It was when things got bad, I wasn't prepared for the outcome. Imagine being married to somebody, yet you sleep in separate rooms, and the love between you two is gone, yet you can't leave and be genuinely happy because it isn't cost effective and you don't want your children to have a broken home.

In retrospect, I could easily tell you why things went wrong in my marriage. We never grasped the concept of becoming "one". This is why I stress it so much.

People who have been married for 25, 20, even 10 years or more have evolved into one. Time will do that to you, which is why most marriages fail before 7 years.

Be committed to becoming "one". and make sure that your spouse has the same level of commitment.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
and you are 30 plus and not married, making good coin i wonder why you haven't tied the knot breh

may hve to give up your properties and half your wages if you marry your wife gets knocked up decides to stay home and then leaves you in 7 years (avg first marriage)

canada is the worse country in the world for marriage and divorce

Why do you keep bringing this up?

All of the arguments are "but what if..." ....on the flip side...but what if I get married and have a great life?

If you're worried about losing your money, then get a prenup. Personally, I could not marry a broad who did not have a legit career and who made a lot less than me. Personally, I'd like her to at least make more or a little less.

I have no issue with folk not getting married as it's not for everyone. But don't try to act like anyone who gets married is crazy.....especially when you shyt on single mothers...makes no sense.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
even if its your moms name they can still come after it :mindblown:

any just out of law school lawyer can find out when the property was transferred,, as well they can come after your investments, pensions, and matrimonial home even if the condo was say in your moms name

Bruh, if someone "bought" property from me BEFORE I got married, there isn't a single thing a broad could do. Come tell me different.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed being married. It was when things got bad, I wasn't prepared for the outcome. Imagine being married to somebody, yet you sleep in separate rooms, and the love between you two is gone, yet you can't leave and be genuinely happy because it isn't cost effective and you don't want your children to have a broken home.

In retrospect, I could easily tell you why things went wrong in my marriage. We never grasped the concept of becoming "one". This is why I stress it so much.

People who have been married for 25, 20, even 10 years or more have evolved into one. Time will do that to you, which is why most marriages fail before 7 years.

Be committed to becoming "one". and make sure that your spouse has the same level of commitment.

That's real. You really have to give it a lot of thought.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Give it time brehs! Nobodg wanna be single forever! Even us nikkas my nigg! Some are just smarter to wait and find the right one. 18-25 shouldn't get married anyway in my opinion. Need time to develop as a man and a woman. And one final thing marriage is work problem is people wanna jump ship at any lil wave that rocks their life. Its for better or for worse. Emotions fluctuate but love is constant. So if ya ass no u not ready for marriage dont get mafried but for those who think they are ready be willing to put in the work required to make it last. And marriage counseling before hands brehs! And to be honest not everybody gone get married. My bad for the essay brehs.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Why do you keep bringing this up?

All of the arguments are "but what if..." ....on the flip side...but what if I get married and have a great life?

If you're worried about losing your money, then get a prenup. Personally, I could not marry a broad who did not have a legit career and who made a lot less than me. Personally, I'd like her to at least make more or a little less.

I have no issue with folk not getting married as it's not for everyone. But don't try to act like anyone who gets married is crazy.....especially when you shyt on single mothers...makes no sense.

you seem to be pro marriage just wondering why you haven't tied the knot.

In Ontario, family law states that you cannot include the matrimonial home in a prenuptial agreement.

Just because you marry a broad that makes a good wage now, doesn';t mean once little jamal is popped that after her year off work she wants to go back and then what?

And I never said people that get married are crazy, i said there is nothing great about marriage for men, its for women and children.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm currently going through a divorce.

If you're going to get married, understand what the legal implications are if it doesn't work it.

Being happily married is one of the greatest feelings in life.

It's when things get bad, it is much harder to leave, and when or if you do decide to leave, the consequences are very severe. Let me sum them up in 4 words

Visitation, Alimony, Child Support

My advice would be to not get married because you are in love. Do not get married because you want to start a family. Get married when you make the conscious decision to become one with another person, because if you can't put your individual nature aside for the sake of the marriage, your marriage will fail. Be prepared to deal with the ups and downs, and as long as you look at you and your spouse as one, you will be forced to fight it out to make it work.

I wouldn't get married again no time soon, but I wouldn't completely take it out of consideration.

And for those people thinking it is about a judge of bad character, that is far from the truth in many cases. People change, and you have to adapt. It's more about people wanting to stay together and keeping on pace with each other.

Just my 2 cents.
damn that's some real shyt