Question: When married cats say DON'T get married...

Daps
ON the real its funny because my boss got married yesterday and from I started working there 2 months ago this nikka was smoking his ass off at breaks looking mad stressed. And the days leading to it he was stressed as fukk in the face. He thought noone would peep because he acts cool and calm in the office but I peeped it. What makes it worse is his wife isnt even cute. :manny:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is ridiculous. If dude was happy with his wife, he wouldn't be telling others to not get married.

Just like the clowns in here who have had shytty relationships and are telling others to just play the field.

There are no secrets with marriage. You know exactly what it entails. The only unknown is how your "wife" is going to act within the marriage.

There's some truth to this, but you're missing the point.

The only difference between being married and being in any other kind of relationship, is that it costs a man dearly to end a marriage. Again, you don't hear men putting down regular boyfriend/girlfriend relationships, and that's because they're allowed to run their natural course, and end when the time is appropriate. Do these men who are crying "no marriage" hate their wives? I don't know; I'd say some do, but most probably don't. They probably just resent the amount of compromise they've had to make in their lives in order to STAY with a woman they no longer find attractive. They also feel resentment about their decision to marry, because while their unmarried friends are out seeing the world and fukking new p*ssy, they're at home with Patty, who is making her "Famous meatloaf" which he never really liked, but agreed to eat on a date 20 years ago because he was trying to smash, and now has to stomach 2x a week.

Point is, 100% of the problems with marriage are exclusive to marriage. Like other dude said, you have to go into it knowing that your life is over, and "our life" begins. It's a lotta compromise to make in order stay attached to a future fat chick.

:yeshrug:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're living with a broad for years, you're pretty much married. :smugdraper:

Not at all. Been with my girl for 9 years. We share everything, we split everything. But... if I find out tomorrow that she's been creeping behind my back, I can pack my things and have her out of my life in a matter of hours.

If I'm married in that same scenario, I have to hire an attorney, then I have to wait a 6-month cooldown period before the divorce. Then I have to compensate her by splitting all the assets which I've obtained over the last 9 years, then I also have to pay her alimony, and why? Because she wanted to creep around.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not at all. Been with my girl for 9 years. We share everything, we split everything. But... if I find out tomorrow that she's been creeping behind my back, I can pack my things and have her out of my life in a matter of hours.

If I'm married in that same scenario, I have to hire an attorney, then I have to wait a 6-month cooldown period before the divorce. Then I have to compensate her by splitting all the assets which I've obtained over the last 9 years, then I also have to pay her alimony, and why? Because she wanted to creep around.

:usure: ever heard of common law marriage breh?

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Basically, if you are not willing to become one with your spouse, your marriage will not last.

That's why I suggest that you accomplish all of your personal goals (career, etc.) before you get married because once you get married, your priorities will have to change.

And make sure your spouse is willing to become one. You don't have to agree on everything, but you do have to compromise on everything. Cats aren't ready for this.

They look at marriage as a woman who belongs to them and them only. You're going to get the surprise of your life. She has as much control over your life as you have over hers. And marriage is more beneficial to her because it gives her the type of control that she didn't have when you were in a regular relationship. Remember, now there's a possible financial penalty if you withdraw. lol. This is why you see most men looking beat up after years of marriage. Women get more and more powerful the longer you remain married. Most men are forced to back down from exhaustion and do what she wants just to keep the peace. One powerful quote to take away from this if you ain't read my long ass post. lol.

Marriage is the decision to become one. Now which one you become is the real test

Most marriages are ran by the women. lol.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
An guy should only get married if he can safely afford an divorce, child support or alimony. If you can't successfully navigate all 3 without becoming destitute you should not get married. Because chances are you will be faced with all 3 of at some point because marriages rarely last until death do you part these days.

I know dudes who got divorced in their 50's living in an studio apartment eating TV dinners while their ex-wife has the house and still entitled to half their retirement income. But if you want to take an chance providing for an family for years only to be kicked to the curb when your wife gets tired of you be my guest.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

It depends where you live, but that can be seen as a common law marriage and she has certain rights.

She could get spousal support from you. If your crib is in her name, but you're paying for part of it, she keeps it. If she dies without a will, you get nothing. If yall have kids...:shaq2: Not as bad as actually being married, but don't act like you can get away unscathed.

jus

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It depends where you live, but that can be seen as a common law marriage and she has certain rights.

AZ is not a common law state.

She could get spousal support from you. If your crib is in her name, but you're paying for part of it, she keeps it.

We live in an apt and I own a rental property in my own name.

If she dies without a will, you get nothing. If yall have kids...:shaq2: Not as bad as actually being married, but don't act like you can get away unscathed.
jus

I am her beneficiary on all of her accounts. We have no children.

I could honestly walk away from this in 2 hours and never have to deal with her again if it came to that. But, I like her, and she likes me. We still work hard for each other's affection. We aren't counting on the binds of a contract to keep us together.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These marriage topics are dumb. You got a bunch of dudes who will pick every negative story they've heard about dysfunctional marriages. Some folk will only focus on the fact that the glass is half empty....

Marriage isn't for everyone. There are good points that can be argued on both sides. But if you want kids..good luck trying to raise them while trying to live the "playa" lifestyle.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

Nine years? She took you back after you dumped her for that jumpoff?

:myman:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia

This!, Lose Everything cause she wanted to act up? I think not. Marriage is what most women want, not something most men want.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
An guy should only get married if he can safely afford an divorce, child support or alimony. If you can't successfully navigate all 3 without becoming destitute you should not get married. Because chances are you will be faced with all 3 of at some point because marriages rarely last until death do you part these days.

I know dudes who got divorced in their 50's living in an studio apartment eating TV dinners while their ex-wife has the house and still entitled to half their retirement income. But if you want to take an chance providing for an family for years only to be kicked to the curb when your wife gets tired of you be my guest.

It's cheaper to keep her, which is why most married men who are unhappy will cheat but never leave their wives.

And it is usually the wives that file for divorce.

The man always attempts to make it work, not because he loves her and wants to spend the rest of his life with her, but because of the financial penalties and the risk of being in poverty when it's all said and done.

I hate to put negative thoughts in people's mind. Marriage could be a very positive and rewarding experience, but you have to be realistic.

There will be tough times, and you and your spouse will fall out of love numerous times while being married. But when you're one, you never stop loving yourself because you love yourself unconditionally, and that's why it's important to look at your spouse as apart of you.

A majority of your marriage will be dedicated to keeping her happy and raising your family. If you don't find happiness in doing those two things, then don't get married. You will have no time for your own personal pleasures.