PSA: assets aquired before marriage are not factored into a divorce settlement.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Every time there is a "pre nup" thread, you nikkas are always talking about how you don't want to lose half of everything you earned

What's goes into the divorce is everything that was accumulated during the marriage.

Broke ass nikkas on here stay talking about making their imaginary fiancé sign a pre nup

Add to these facts that alimony is only paid out in 15% divorces

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh you're probably one of the best posters on this board, but you're giving bad advice.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Breh you're probably one of the best posters on this board, but you're giving bad advice.

What's the bad advice?

What kills guys in divorce is child support which marriage has nothing to do with

In marriage you are going to have both spouse working a creating something bigger then they could by themselves

Everything gain during that time period should be split evenly

What does alimony prevent?

Alimony is an agreement to split up what is going to be potentially gain during the marriage so you the courts don't get involved

Daps
It's so much more complicated than you're making it seem.

Say you own your house outright. You then get married and stay married for ten years. Over that time period y'all take care of utilities, maintenance, and taxes on that house jointly....you really think she ain't coming for a piece of that house? :usure:

It gets even more complicated when a mortgage is involved.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
But we're leaving out the growth aspect of the seperate assets. When you have a business before marriage but it increases in value over the time that you're married, that added income accrued during the marriage can be claimed as community income in some cases.

I don't know how the pre-marital property works, that might be different in terms of the growth going into the community pot

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It's so much more complicated than you're making it seem.

Say you own your house outright. You then get married and stay married for ten years. Over that time period y'all take care of utilities, maintenance, and taxes on that house jointly....you really think she ain't coming for a piece of that house? :usure:

It gets even more complicated when a mortgage is involved.

What's complicated?

If you own a house before marriage and your wife lives in it during a 10 year marriage she was an instrumental part in that asset growing during that marriage whether or not she worked?

How do you argue differently?

If she is working she is helping on the mortgage, landscaping, improvements, repairs, etc?

If she is not working she is maintaining the house.

I don't understand how a prenup helps this situation?

Are you going to draw a prenup that says the wife only gets 20% or some shyt of the increase value of the property during marriage?

Who the fukk would sign some BS like that?

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
So long as assets are maintained as separate and they're not co-mingled. But this can vary from state to state.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
But we're leaving out the growth aspect of the seperate assets. When you have a business before marriage but it increases in value over the time that you're married, that added income accrued during the marriage can be claimed as community income in some cases.

I don't know how the pre-marital property works, that might be different in terms of the growth going into the community pot

:stopitslime: so people are going to have a business that gains more income then a normal salary is going to over the life of the marriage?

Why shouldn't a spouse be entitled to what was gain during the marriage?

Daps
What's complicated?

If you own a house before marriage and your wife lives in it during a 10 year marriage she was an instrumental part in that asset growing during that marriage whether or not she worked?

How do you argue differently?

If she is working she is helping on the mortgage, landscaping, improvements, repairs, etc?

If she is not working she is maintaining the house.

I don't understand how a prenup helps this situation?

Are you going to draw a prenup that says the wife only gets 20% or some shyt of the increase value of the property during marriage?

Who the fukk would sign some BS like that?

There is no mortgage, I said you own it outright.

Why should she entitled to half of a house you paid off before meeting her simply for being responsible for half of the maintenance for 10 years?

I agree she's entitled to something, and a prenup defines just what that something is.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
So long as assets are maintained as separate and they're not co-mingled. But this can vary from state to state.

Why would the assets stay separated

Two incomes coming together are going to create much bigger and better assets then what could have been created if they remained apart

FijiWatr

Rookie
Daps
During divorce you are at the mercy of the Judge. Pre-nups get thrown out everyday.
What makes you think your business you started is safe from divorce

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Why would the assets stay separated

Two incomes coming together are going to create much bigger and better assets then what could have been created if they remained apart

Like, if the house is in my name, and I get married and then put her name on it as joint owner. Then I'm most likely fukking myself.

Obviously two incomes would create that, that would be split and that's no problem.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
There is no mortgage, I said you own it outright.

Why should she entitled to half of a house you paid off before meeting her simply for being responsible for half of the maintenance for 10 years?

I agree she's entitled to something, and a prenup defines just what that something is.

Then she would give half of what was accumulated during the marriage

That's not half of the entire house.

There is still no need for a pre nup in your scenario

Like, if the house is in my name, and I get married and then put her name on it as joint owner. Then I'm most likely fukking myself.

Obviously two incomes would create that, that would be split and that's no problem.

Even if you don't put her name on the house, how are you fukking yourself when she is adding to the house?
During divorce you are at the mercy of the Judge. Pre-nups get thrown out everyday.
What makes you think your business you started is safe from divorce

:russ: at the username
Because they didn't put in or contribute to it, that's why

She ain't on them LLC papers breh

Y'all have tunnel vision. Of what a marriage really is about

A wife at home taking care if the kids, maintains the house, out working and helping pay bills... Is going to allow you to dedicate more time to your business without having to worry about shyt you would be worrying about if you didn't have a wife