PSA: assets aquired before marriage are not factored into a divorce settlement.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Every time there is a "pre nup" thread, you nikkas are always talking about how you don't want to lose half of everything you earned

What's goes into the divorce is everything that was accumulated during the marriage.

Broke ass nikkas on here stay talking about making their imaginary fiancé sign a pre nup

Add to these facts that alimony is only paid out in 15% divorces

You do realize that each state has a different laws regarding divorce, right?

Daps
Then she would give half of what was accumulated during the marriage

That's not half of the entire house.

There is still no need for a pre nup in your scenario

Assuming the house has not appreciated, do you really think she's not coming for a piece of that house? :usure:

Even if it did appreciate, you really think she's only coming for a portion of that appreciation? :usure:

Again, I think she does deserve a piece of that property (assuming no appreciation) and the prenup will define the the size of the piece she deserves.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Every time there is a "pre nup" thread, you nikkas are always talking about how you don't want to lose half of everything you earned

What's goes into the divorce is everything that was accumulated during the marriage.

Broke ass nikkas on here stay talking about making their imaginary fiancé sign a pre nup

Add to these facts that alimony is only paid out in 15% divorces

THAT'S NOWHERE NEAR RIGHT. AND FOR DIVORCE RULES YOU HAVE TO GO STATE BY STATE. NEVER TAKE ADVICE FROM AN ONLINE FORUM IN REGARDS TO DIVORCE. THE LAWS VARY WILDLY DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Assuming the house has not appreciated, do you really think she's not coming for a piece of that house? :usure:

Even if it did appreciate, you really think she's only coming for a portion of that appreciation? :usure:

Again, I think she does deserve a piece of that property (assuming no appreciation) and the prenup will define the the size of the piece she deserves.

I don't see how a prenup could predict what portion she deserves because who knows how much she'll contribute?

Each persons contribution will likely fluctuate over the course of the marriage.

Daps
I don't see how a prenup could predict what portion she deserves because who knows how much she'll contribute?

Each persons contribution will likely fluctuate over the course of the marriage.

As long as you're married, the contributions are equal between you as a couple. Whether she's a doctor or a stay-at-home mom.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Even if you don't put her name on the house, how are you fukking yourself when she is adding to the house?

It was my money that went into it before her, sorry. :manny:

Besides, I'd rather have someone who has all of their own stuff anyway, then worst case scenario, things are parted and each party can return to their life before. Then, split up what was earned/gained together and KIM.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
like others have said, if you take your savings from before you met your wife and use it to buy a house with her, she's entitled to half of that a lot of times. also, it does depend on your jurisdiction. this thread is not giving great advice. it's a very very broad statement.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
What's complicated?

If you own a house before marriage and your wife lives in it during a 10 year marriage she was an instrumental part in that asset growing during that marriage whether or not she worked?

How do you argue differently?

If she is working she is helping on the mortgage, landscaping, improvements, repairs, etc?

If she is not working she is maintaining the house.

I don't understand how a prenup helps this situation?

Are you going to draw a prenup that says the wife only gets 20% or some shyt of the increase value of the property during marriage?

Who the fukk would sign some BS like that?

you don't understand??? its simple.. i can request you get none of that shyt.. i can come in with 10 mil.. you come in with a bag. and because you at home "maintaining" you get whatever WE made in the past 10 years??

as eddie murphy says, once you get a certain amount of money, you just there to fukk. you got a maid, nanny, and everything else.. you ain't out there doing shyt and you damn sure ain't doing "half of what i made" type of shyt

is this shallow? it could be.. it could also be smart with all the things you see in the news today. 50% of marriages fail. i'd say its smart. you know you can set an amount? so i'm worth 100 mil but no matter what happens or if i make 1 billion, you still only get 1 mil total

its protection... and that's just rich instances where really, you could afford to lose half....

what about a nikka making 30k?? and now this woman he loves is leaving his ass... now he paying her 30-40% of his salary.. so he gotta move back in with his mom cause the relationship is over??

many a man is suffering BAD right now because of a divorce.. those with and without kids who WISH they had a prenup