Conservatives in red states turn their attention to ending no-fault divorce laws

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@ORDER_66 is an late 30s white incel, probably previously married.

I can see it, from his perptual nut hugging of white supremacists to his clamoring for ending no fault divorce.

his woman left him for a black man and he has been in recovery ever since.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
believe it or not - this is exactly what Jesus taught

Daps
Man this project 2025 shyt is crazy.
#bothsides :russ:

Biden gotta convince all of white America to agree that Blacks deserve reparations but Trump just gotta say "I love you Ni....people."

I don't like either one but it's amazing folks struggling to decide between a mildly racist old dude versus a man that wants to be a str8t up dictator. These brehs would choose Hitler over Bush or Clinton because #tangibles.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Marriage was a mistake.

Only a small % of ppl have what it takes to live a loyal, honorable, respectful, loving, God-Centered marriage.

Everyone else shouldn't even try. Just creating more broken scenarios. Marriage ain't for everyone. We would be better off without it.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
5IoOmOr.png

, friends

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
When I got divorced I filed, and my ex-wife (born again evangelical) did not cooperate, participate, or even lift a finger in regards to it. "It's against my beliefs to get divorced." What could have a been a simple no-fault divorce turned into a 2 year ordeal. I had to get a lawyer, serve her papers, she never went to court, then I had to get 2 witnesses to go to court to testify I was in fact physically separated for a year and living elsewhere, then I had to wait for the bureaucracy, and then finally the judge signed the divorce decree because she never showed up.

I have to give credit where it's due, because by law she was entitled to some of my 401k and savings. When I told her that, she refused to take a penny. "I don't want to get divorced and I don't want your money." I kept all my shyt and no alimony either. She kept it real to her church and religious beliefs to the end.

This law would be perfect for someone like her.
That’s the exact scenario that the conservatives want. To make the process so difficult that women will just give up and not divorce.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
there is no reason to want to be married to someone who doesn't want to be married to you anymore

unless you are a fukking weirdo
This.

I get it. Divorce is a big disappointment. But my pride will not allow me to force a woman to stay married to me against her will. That's some insecure, controlling ass shyt.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How sway???:dahell: women already got the power by default now in family court
This is a myth.

One of the biggest sticking points for the MRA community is the argument that the courts actively discriminate against men in custody disputes. While it's true that women more often get custody, it's far more complicated than a systematic bias that turns dads into the real victims of custody battles (as opposed to, you know, the children).

Most disputes* are settled out of court, meaning that custody placement does not rest in the hands of judges (most of whom are men, by the way). Just 4% of cases actually go to trial. And mothers often get custody in large part because, on average, they're still the primary caretakers of children. That's not bias, and it's not even necessarily a good thing. It's just a fact.

Oft-cited statistics that only 10-15% of fathers are granted sole custody are skewed because they include couples who have agreed to grant the mother custody or to joint custody. When men do seek primary physical custody in a disputed divorce, about 50% get it.

Family attorney Christopher Rao also points out in the Stranger that perceptions of anti-male bias are based on "selective fact-finding," and that the influence of "lazy lawyering" is also frequently excused or overlooked by MRAs.

Even if a court awards custody to a mother solely because she is a woman (as opposed to carefully considering the innumerable factors that determine a child's best interest), then such bias would be due to patriarchal gender roles that dictate men should be breadwinners and women should be caregivers. Not only did women not create these roles, they are precisely what feminists want to dismantle. (As one TIME reporter succinctly puts it, "Let's end the Mommy fetish.")

*This is based on heterosexual marriages, as less research is available for custody disputes involving other unions.

IgnorantDwayneWayne

NC Pleighboy
Daps
This is a myth.
Nah I’ve seen articles written that provide “proof” for both sides of this argument. Post the actual source . So can see what data they use. Which year the data’s from and what races were included. Tired of half ass “proof” post on the internet.

Especially when the person writing is adding stuff in like “mommy fetish” does that seem like a factual non bias report of information to you?

ReasonableMatic

Daps
You Christian nikkas don’t start complaining now :sas1:

White US Judeo-Christian nationalist values in BlackFace is what y’all pushed to save:
“the traditional Black family
full

Good luck :sas2:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Nah I’ve seen articles written that provide “proof” for both sides of this argument. Post the actual source . So can see what data they use. Which year the data’s from and what races were included. Tired of half ass “proof” post on the internet.

Especially when the person writing is adding stuff in like “mommy fetish” does that seem like a factual non bias report of information to you?

the quoted portion does have linked sources but they aren't underlined due to bad html formatting on thecoli so you probably thought there wasn't any.