Conservatives in red states turn their attention to ending no-fault divorce laws

bnew

Veteran
Daps
A lot of folks are about to get outted as abusers, cheaters or gay.

No fault divorce has allowed people to split up without destroying each other publicly. Not counting fights over custody and money.
:patrice:

I wouldn't mind if one red state wanted to crash out and repeal it and the rest of the country can watch the ensuing fukkery. :ld:

edit:

if things got too bad they'd probably legislate stronger privacy laws related to divorce court proceeding instead of repealing the repeal. :francis:

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
When I got divorced I filed, and my ex-wife (born again evangelical) did not cooperate, participate, or even lift a finger in regards to it. "It's against my beliefs to get divorced." What could have a been a simple no-fault divorce turned into a 2 year ordeal. I had to get a lawyer, serve her papers, she never went to court, then I had to get 2 witnesses to go to court to testify I was in fact physically separated for a year and living elsewhere, then I had to wait for the bureaucracy, and then finally the judge signed the divorce decree because she never showed up.

I have to give credit where it's due, because by law she was entitled to some of my 401k and savings. When I told her that, she refused to take a penny. "I don't want to get divorced and I don't want your money." I kept all my shyt and no alimony either. She kept it real to her church and religious beliefs to the end.

This law would be perfect for someone like her.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
:huhldup:

Why would you want to stay with someone who doesn't like you?

Michelle Obama says she 'couldn't stand' husband Barack for 10 years. Former first lady Michelle Obama has said she “couldn't stand” her husband for a decade while the couple's children were young

Marriage means sticking with someone you don't LIKE. Cause liking and loving and all that good stuff IS GONNA EBB AND FLOW.

Plenty of couples that been together 40, 50, 60, 70+ years talk about what it means to be with one person that long.
If Michelle had a bad decade, you know folks have had that even longer

Y'all coming at marriage from a very modern perspective.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
This would b
Ok and...:dahell: the divorce rates are so high is because of no fault...
That's what courtship and the dating phase is to find out if marriage is a lock on two of you on the same level. to discuss the expectations and see if they are a great marriage partner...:what:

Breh, you're way more naive that I thought

Eliminating no-fault divorce is a double edged sword.

If every potential issue could possibly be sorted out in courtship/dating no one would ever get married; we'd all still be trying to figure shyt out.

People change, people grow, people mature, people regress, people respond negatively to trauma, people struggle with undiagnosed trauma, mental health issues and addictions. In short, life happens. And people can grow apart as a result. The person you date, court, and marry may not be the same person you made a committment to 10-15 years down the road.

The point of marriage is to build a life together with someone while agreeing to share your resources and intimate selves with each other. shyt can change. You just have to agree to work together to make sure you can roll with the punches.

I'm speaking from experience.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

1984 CHEVRON (vs NRDC) WAS A REPUBLICAN VICTORY!!

The EPA using the power it thought it had, basically passed a rule on air pollution.
Industry was cool with it. (Maybe they realized that a lot of these agency officials could be captured - work for the regulators and then work for industry 10 years later...see the SEC and the FTC)

The NRDC - National Resources Defense Council - an environmental group - did not like the EPA's rule, and so they sued. The NRDC basically wanted Industry to spend more money on preventing air pollution, buy more expensive equipment. The EPA ruling actually helped Industry out...

The Court basically said, even if Congress didn't specify exactly what "stationary" source meant, EPA could basically "fill in the blanks". The agency could not do major policy, but they could basically handle the details.

By overturning Chevron - that means things that the agency could decide about how laws were meant to be interpreted, now goes back to the courts.

So now, in 2024, the environmentalists have won.

The Dems and Mainstream Media and the Republicans are just DUMB.

It's not hard to look up primary sources, to understand what actually happens.

Instead, folks on all sides like to shape narratives, instead of looking at reality.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You dumbasses won't be satisfied till we got our IRL version of the handmaid's tale or sharia law:wtf:

Myopic idiots don't realize these type of ordinances snow ball and in ten years they've outlawed condoms or some shyt. but bu bu my woman can never leave me now no matter how she feels about me :wow:

clowns

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
This would b

Breh, you're way more naive that I thought

Eliminating no-fault divorce is a double edged sword.

If every potential issue could possibly be sorted out in courtship/dating no one would ever get married; we'd all still be trying to figure shyt out.

People change, people grow, people mature, people regress, people respond negatively to trauma, people struggle with undiagnosed trauma, mental health issues and addictions. In short, life happens. And people can grow apart as a result. The person you date, court, and marry may not be the same person you made a committment to 10-15 years down the road.

The point of marriage is to build a life together with someone while agreeing to share your resources and intimate selves with each other. shyt can change.

I'm speaking from experience.

You do know AT fault divorces was the law of the land before they pushed it out right?!?!:beli: women have gamed the system with no fault divorces and bullshyt family courts they make marriage untenable right now... a whole lot of things need to change in this country regarding marriage, and divorce courts...

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
AOC is looking to impeach a supreme court justice (probably Thomas cuz he's the dirtiest) but that's a long shot because you need 2/3rds of the majority. Do you have any ideas other than amending the constitution?

Impeachment would be hard as hell, imo.

It'd be much "easier" to expand the court from 9 to 13. The Dems have been talking about this since before all of these bad decisions.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
not one of one these posters in here supporting the repeal of no fault divorce laws give a damn about the increase in women's suicide and murder that's likely to happen if they get their wish. no one should be legally trapped in a relationship that's run it's course, we know the tragedies that come from that situation.
Were these women held at gunpoint and told to get married :patrice:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You do know AT fault divorces was the law of the land before they pushed it out right?!?!:beli: women have gamed the system with no fault divorces and bullshyt family courts they make marriage untenable right now... a whole lot of things need to change in this country regarding marriage, and divorce courts...

don't get married then if you don't agree with it :gucci: how is this such a hard concept? If you want to control every aspect of your lady life after you tie the knot America isn't the place for you try places in the middle east. they'll be more receptive to that type of thing.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
don't get married then if you don't agree with it :gucci: how is this such a hard concept? If you want to control every aspect of your lady life after you tie the knot America isn't the place for you try places in the middle east. they'll be more receptive to that type of thing.

That's the point the backlash to divorce rates being so high is leading men not to get married...:dwillhuh::beli:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
You do know AT fault divorces was the law of the land before they pushed it out right?!?!

...And?

women have gamed the system with no fault divorces and bullshyt family courts they make marriage untenable right now...

You probably won't believe me when I say this, but this is the exception, not the rule.

If all the women you know are so capricious about marriage you're either around literally all the wrong women or no women at all.

Marriage is untenable to those who have no prospects :ld:

a whole lot of things need to change in this country regarding marriage, and divorce courts...

This is 100% true, but ending no-fault divorce ain't the change that needs to happen. Especially not by itself.

More extensive reforms need to be made to the child support system IMO.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
That's the point the backlash to divorce rates being so high is leading men not to get married...:dwillhuh::beli:

And this is an issue for whom...????

the men still wanting to get married do so just fine. I'm in my homeboys wedding in a few months.

thats the wonderful thing about our oft fukked up country. We have the choice to do as we please for the most part in comparison to other segments of the world. Why would you advocate for less personal sovereignty?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
And this is an issue for whom...????

the men still wanting to get married do so just fine. I'm in my homeboys wedding in a few months.

thats the wonderful thing about our oft fukked up country. We have the choice to do as we please for the most part in comparison segments of the world. Why would you advocate for less personal sovereignty?

I'm not advocating for anything...:pachaha: I'm just saying its an cause and effect situation. women be the ones mostly begging to get married...