Conservatives in red states turn their attention to ending no-fault divorce laws

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I'm not advocating for anything...:pachaha: I'm just saying its an cause and effect situation. women be the ones mostly begging to get married...

Women beg for a lot of shyt. Are you going to be the one to give it to them?

If not, why do you care?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Women beg for a lot of shyt. Are you going to be the one to give it to them?

If not, why do you care?

IDK i used to believe in marriage but as i got older i just soured on the whole thing like it's a scam...:beli: looking at divorce rates and seeing dudes get raked over the coals for alimony and child support when the woman just wants to run the streets it feels like a giant scam. and men these days shouldnt get married it's not a good deal...:beli:

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
don't get married or learn from what prompted those divorces to increase your marriages chances of success. :manny:

most divorces now are just based off selfish motives. All it does is create more poverty and emotional damage. And stats show that the love life of a divorced person is usually worse after divorce as they end up divorced again. Ironically pscyh research shows they end up with a similar personality type as their previous spouse so they might as well work it out. IT shows they're still attracted to that same person.

People can divorce for whatever reason they want, but they should get rid of alimony. It's mostly urbanites who have the higher divorce rates anyway. Too much energy used outside of the marriage instead of in it.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And this is an issue for whom...????

the men still wanting to get married do so just fine. I'm in my homeboys wedding in a few months.

thats the wonderful thing about our oft fukked up country. We have the choice to do as we please for the most part in comparison to other segments of the world. Why would you advocate for less personal sovereignty?

this makes no sense, most men just want to get rid of alimony. This will prevent some shady marriages to begin with.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IDK i used to believe in marriage but as i got older i just soured on the whole thing like it's a scam...:beli: looking at divorce rates and seeing dudes get raked over the coals for alimony and child support when the woman just wants to run the streets it feels like a giant scam. and men these days shouldnt get married it's not a good deal...:beli:

Why would you approve of the government/state/court deciding on divorces?

Aren't they already complicit in men being 'raked over the coals for alimony and child support' :sas2:

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And all this talk about divorce rates lets bring em out:

How Many Marriages End in Divorce?​

So, what about the famous statistic that half of all marriages end in divorce? That’s a bit of an exaggeration when it comes to first marriages, only 43% of which are dissolved.[2] Second and third marriages actually fail at a far higher rate, though, with 60% of second marriages and 73% of third marriages ending in divorce.[3]

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Why would you approve of the government/state/court deciding on divorces?

Aren't they already complicit in men being 'raked over the coals for alimony and child support' :sas2:

:dwillhuh: Govt is already involved when you get divorced tho, how do you think they structure child support & alimony... The balance is askewed. No Fault divorces are the problem ADDED into state jurisdictions and garbage family courts...

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh: Govt is already involved when you get divorced tho, how do you think they structure child support alimony... The balance is askewed.

Again, you want to give them more power then they already have?

Not only would they decide child support/alimony/property splits but now get to decide if the divorce has merit or not...

As you said, the balance is askewed towards women and you think getting rid of no fault divorce is gonna make it even?

You are very adamant about #bothsides but can't wait to jump into the arms of the government when it fits your belief system...

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Again, you want to give them more power then they already have?

Not only would they decide child support/alimony/property splits but now get to decide if the divorce has merit or not...

As you said, the balance is askewed towards women and you think getting rid of no fault divorce is gonna make it even?

You are very adamant about #bothsides but can't wait to jump into the arms of the government when it fits your belief system...

At fault divorces need to come back that's all im saying...:dahell:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Marriage means sticking with someone you don't LIKE. Cause liking and loving and all that good stuff IS GONNA EBB AND FLOW.

Plenty of couples that been together 40, 50, 60, 70+ years talk about what it means to be with one person that long.
If Michelle had a bad decade, you know folks have had that even longer

Y'all coming at marriage from a very modern perspective.
She stay loved him and she was referring to the 50/50 balance she wanted in building their careers which was imbalance because they had kids.
What I'm referring to is when their isn't any love. A number of people get married in their late teens and early 20s before they even found themselves and brains finished developing. Definitely if the marriage only happened because of pregnancy.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
People change. No one stays the same forever...not a fan of divorces but if someone changes and becomes abusive physically, a divorce is justified.
-This is about no fault divorces where nobody did anything. Spousal abuse has nothing to do with this discussion.