PS5 to lack backwards compatibility

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Sony Stan's are nuts.

No wonder yall have no problem with the company.

I guess it only matters when other companies don't or do, do it.
it's m$ stans and PCProblemsRace who push this dumbass narrative. only a small % of players care about backwards compat, and only a small % of them niccas actually play them games. complaining because a system cant play 25 yr old games is fking ridiculous, ask nintendo

i buy new consoles to play new games

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Making a PS4 emulator for PC's with proper hardware? You see what he's doing y'all? @Rekkapryde @Kamikaze Revy @-DMP- @The Mad Titan @daze23

You're trying to sleazily change the argument in a deceptive way to make it look like I'm saying that random PC hackers can develop a better PS4 emulator than Sony engineers themselves. No, the argument I'm making and the one that I'm standing by 100% is that a Playstation 4 CANNOT run a PS3 emulator properly even by YOUR own idea of "not very powerful hardware" since that so called "Not powerful hardware" is in reality WAY MORE POWERFUL than the hardware in a PS4. You're trying to switch what I'm saying up to make it look like I'm just saying some crazy shyt like hackers can do a better emulator than Sony themselves everything else all equal. Only dummies will think this is true.

I dunno if they could’ve done ps3 on PS4. But I feel confident that, even with my limited understanding of computer hardware, that Sony could develop a ps3 emulator for ps5.

ps1, ps2, PSP and pSV definitely could’ve been done on PS4 and all attempts have been half assed and left for dead. They have emulators for psvita and ps2 games for PS4.

I have ps3 disks for games that are available on psnow, why can’t I use that as a voucher for a psnow copy?

just given the comments from Jim Ryan and the lack of effort on there part I just have to think they don’t deem it worth the effort or money. People mainly buy these consoles for new shyt. :yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dunno if they could’ve done ps3 on PS4. But I feel confident that, even with my limited understanding of computer hardware, that Sony could develop a ps3 emulator for ps5.

ps1, ps2, PSP and pSV definitely could’ve been done on PS4 and all attempts have been half assed and left for dead. They have emulators for psvita and ps2 games for PS4.

I have ps3 disks for games that are available on psnow, why can’t I use that as a voucher for a psnow copy?

just given the comments from Jim Ryan and the lack of effort on there part I just have to think they don’t deem it worth the effort or money. People mainly buy these consoles for new shyt. :yeshrug:
That's what I'm saying. Meach though tryna make it look like people are saying Sony can't make a PS4 emulator at all.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's what I'm saying. Meach though tryna make it look like people are saying Sony can't make a PS4 emulator at all.
The dude I first quoted in this thread said just that. You jumped in our convo to rehash the PS4 stuff.:comeon:

And even still Sony could have gotten a PS3 emulator working on PS4.:ufdup:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I think this boils down to how we purchase games. I have a humongous backlog on damn near every device I own. My fault, I know. However, for those that have invested in your platform, that person should be able to carry their games that they bought the first time to future consoles. It hasn't been since the 16bit era that I was able to clear out my backlog. Back then, it made sense because the games were on cartridges, these games are on discs and are downloadable now. Blu-Ray is backwards compatible with CD and DVD. The legacy aspect should be a core principle when creating a new console. Don't leave anyone behind. USB 3.0 can access all of the older formats. HDMI 2.1 can accept all of the older formats. I can install dos games on my windows 10 PC now. This is how technology is working/trending now, why should gaming be different? Bluetooth 5.2 is backwards compatible with older devices. Why should we not expect this from a device I'm spending $500 on when cheaper devices can give me that? It's because they don't want to. They are allowing me to use my Hori fighting stick that I bought for VF5 on the PS3 on the PS5 but the game doesn't travel too? It is asinine that there is a defense force for this.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
I guess I'm just old and don't give a fukk, because when I was a kid I didn't care that my SNES couldn't play NES games and so on...:yeshrug: