PS5 to lack backwards compatibility

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
So 4k/120fps gears and Ori isn't a huge upgrade :usure:
And the Xbox series x was designed to enhance previous gen titles. The series x is designed to take that a step further. The ps5 isn't designed to enhance previous gen titles in such a way, they made it clear only a select few would receive any enhancements (what is it 100?) Y'all don't even have backwards compatibility past ps4 which proves they not the masters of shyt, can't even get their own shyt to run on their own shyt. Meanwhile on Xbox.

Tru Story

Name the Superior equivalent to fight night on PS4 or PS5 :popcorn:

Considering the PS5 ain't out yet :manny:

Luckly for me I can play it on the PS3 I still have :unimpressed:

But I don't cause I don't even think about playing it
Cause I'm busy playing my PS4

I have a Xbox one too but I haven't touched that shyt in like 2 years :unimpressed:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Considering the PS5 ain't out yet :manny:

Luckly for me I can play it on the PS3 I still have :unimpressed:

But I don't cause I don't even think about playing it
Cause I'm busy playing my PS4

I have a Xbox one too but I haven't touched that shyt in like 2 years :unimpressed:
So when asked what's the fight night equivalent on ps4 or ps5 you say the ps5 ain't out yet. Why not a "nothing, you got me there" that would have been suffice but you had to hotep step around it :ufdup: and there are dozens upon dozens of games from previous gens that have not be been upgraded. And with you Sony fans claiming Sony has such a great catalogue and then you say but nobody wants to play them tho.

But when the PlayStation mini was announced and first released y'all nikkaz was like :gladbron: PS now and it's :banderas: PlayStation TV also played old PlayStation games and y'all was like :to: now we too have tv and bc like Xbox.

It's seriously amazing how y'all are this hypocritical and proves that y'all killed the vastly Superior Xbox one vision for the future of gaming consoles. You guys made us move backwards. Idiots....
The market for people buying new tech for decade old software is small to negligible, this topic’s always overstated
But it's bullshyt because you're talking what is out of context to fit a salty narrative. See, the new tech you're speaking of is a highly capable device that has some of the newest tech available inside. This tech can make older games look like newer games it's so powerful and you're like "ppl only care about new tech" which is blatantly false. While you smart ppl talk up the good old days of socom and socom 2. You saying you don't want that exact game in 1440p/120fps with updated textures, hdr, Ray tracing and online play?

Because that's exactly what BEEN happening on Xbox and it's about to get even better. Gears 5 my niigga, way more taxing game and that's getting everything I just mentioned so socom should be like Ori. 4k/120.

Point out the lie or point to yourself (Tru Story)

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
So when asked what's the fight night equivalent on ps4 or ps5 you say the ps5 ain't out yet. Why not a "nothing, you got me there" that would have been suffice but you had to hotep step around it :ufdup: and there are dozens upon dozens of games from previous gens that have not be been upgraded. And with you Sony fans claiming Sony has such a great catalogue and then you say but nobody wants to play them tho.

But when the PlayStation mini was announced and first released y'all nikkaz was like :gladbron: PS now and it's :banderas: PlayStation TV also played old PlayStation games and y'all was like :to: now we too have tv and bc like Xbox.

It's seriously amazing how y'all are this hypocritical and proves that y'all killed the vastly Superior Xbox one vision for the future of gaming consoles. You guys made us move backwards. Idiots....

But it's bullshyt because you're talking what is out of context to fit a salty narrative. See, the new tech you're speaking of is a highly capable device that has some of the newest tech available inside. This tech can make older games look like newer games it's so powerful and you're like "ppl only care about new tech" which is blatantly false. While you smart ppl talk up the good old days of socom and socom 2. You saying you don't want that exact game in 1440p/120fps with updated textures, hdr, Ray tracing and online play?

Because that's exactly what BEEN happening on Xbox and it's about to get even better. Gears 5 my niigga, way more taxing game and that's getting everything I just mentioned so socom should be like Ori. 4k/120.

Point out the lie or point to yourself (Tru Story)
U really typed all this:mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So 4k/120fps gears and Ori isn't a huge upgrade :usure:
And the Xbox series x was designed to enhance previous gen titles. The series x is designed to take that a step further. The ps5 isn't designed to enhance previous gen titles in such a way, they made it clear only a select few would receive any enhancements (what is it 100?) Y'all don't even have backwards compatibility past ps4 which proves they not the masters of shyt, can't even get their own shyt to run on their own shyt. Meanwhile on Xbox.

Tru Story

Name the Superior equivalent to fight night on PS4 or PS5 :popcorn:

You really posted a video of some $10 program Winpdfreader with crackling audio and slowdowns as some sort of "gotcha!" to Xbox playing PS1 games. :mjlol:

and for the last time can you morons read? I keep saying previous gens, not THIS one we're still technically on. 4K/120fps Ori is nice, but Gears isn't going to be 4K/120fps. Not even gonna go there with you :mjlol:

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
You really posted a video of some $10 program Winpdfreader with crackling audio and slowdowns as some sort of "gotcha!" to Xbox playing PS1 games. :mjlol:

and for the last time can you morons read? I keep saying previous gens, not THIS one we're still technically on. 4K/120fps Ori is nice, but Gears isn't going to be 4K/120fps. Not even gonna go there with you :mjlol:
Gears 5 wants to hit 120fps on Xbox Series X

What I never hear mentioned is how it'll have more going on than ultra settings on pc on top of the shyt you in denial about

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It costs extra to implement im sure so this makes sense. No one irl gives a fukk about playing old ass games on a new system :mjlol:

Same goofies crying about this would would be having a fit about having to put 600$ ps5 on layaway :mjlol:

Gamers never want to pay for shyt but always whining about some shyt.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
True backwards compatibility is not about the console, its about the games - this is why the emulation community has and always will be big. Because game devs are not going to pay developers to re-work games for a niche market of consumers while being unable to profit and deliver on current generation tittles. Enter the remasters.

I'm still in awe of the fact that people are in here acting like they don't already understand the loss per console that these companies are already eating to keep these consoles consumable. Yet the expectation and entitlement is that they should sink hundreds of millions of dollars more into architecture and software development out of pure nostalgia. Something that is going to sell less than a couple percent of consoles alone and the same people are going to ultimately complain about the price tag.

Then there is the "only on the coli are more options a bad thing..." crowd, if its about options, why not build a PC for emulation? That'll get you all the options you could ever ask for.

How the same people beaming with pride that their shiny new Xbox can play original Xbox games aren't keeping that same energy for the lack of AAA content? :dwillhuh:

And you're on pace to get finessed again for another generation - but hey, you can use your rechargeable batteries in your controller and play games that came out in the early 2000s so I guess you all will stay busy some kind of way :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
True backwards compatibility is not about the console, its about the games - this is why the emulation community has and always will be big. Because game devs are not going to pay developers to re-work games for a niche market of consumers while being unable to profit and deliver on current generation tittles. Enter the remasters.

I'm still in awe of the fact that people are in here acting like they don't already understand the loss per console that these companies are already eating to keep these consoles consumable. Yet the expectation and entitlement is that they should sink hundreds of millions of dollars more into architecture and software development out of pure nostalgia. Something that is going to sell less than a couple percent of consoles alone and the same people are going to ultimately complain about the price tag.

Then there is the "only on the coli are more options a bad thing..." crowd, if its about options, why not build a PC for emulation? That'll get you all the options you could ever ask for.

How the same people beaming with pride that their shiny new Xbox can play original Xbox games aren't keeping that same energy for the lack of AAA content? :dwillhuh:

And you're on pace to get finessed again for another generation - but hey, you can use your rechargeable batteries in your controller and play games that came out in the early 2000s so I guess you all will stay busy some kind of way :manny:
That's all this is about. For the first 2 1/2 years of this generation nobody talked about BC because it didn't exist on Xbox. Once it came out it became a big talking point. If Xbox didn't have BC none of the guys harping on about it would be talking.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere

How the same people beaming with pride that their shiny new Xbox can play original Xbox games are keeping that same energy for the lack of AAA content? :dwillhuh:

They forget to mention that the older Xbox games they can play can be purchased digitally so that there are profits made.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
It's probably gonna be dynamic 120fps, not 100% 4K.
Gears 5 is 4k/60 native on the one x (with a drop to 1584p during the most taxing parts of the campaign) in two weeks they had it running at 100fps 4k native on the series x without optimization. If this was a Sony game you'd point out that fact and you'd be confident it would get done. This was well known info too so you're exposing how Sony gamers will lie to themselves :scust:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey, I'm beaming with pride that my Xbox One X can play original Xbox Games.

Apparently it's weird to go back and play Splinter Cell, Psychonautz, Perfect Dark, Banjo kazooie and so on.
Those games are DOPE, 50 years from now they'll still be DOPE.

I really don't get the "hurr durr dey old doe!" argument whatsoever.
I plan old videogames, I listen to old music and I watch old TV shows.
Yet only 1 of the 3 is talked about as if they just "Don't matter".
While Netflix and Spotify are doing just fine.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Again...some virgins in a basement figured it out but Sony can’t....
I expect these type of bad faith arguments from some posters but its really silly coming from you.
There is hardly any excuse for lack od ps3 BC on the ps5 other than a lack of ROI compared to what they have already spent. This is not the case for the ps4. As everyone paying attention knows, the jag cpus are pretty weak laptop level parts. It is not an extreme stretch to say they wouldn't be able to satisfactorily emulate the Cell in all situations.
This argument breaks down with new gen hardware.