PS5 to lack backwards compatibility

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think it’s an issue talented minds can solve.
Are you gonna answer the question?
Do you think it would take more, or less than 380 million to create the solution?
:mindblown: Question has been answered already breh. NO. It's not an issue of talent, you can't just make something work without the necessary hardware. Can you make a 18 wheeler handle the same as a sports car? Money won't, a completely different vehicle would. Come on man you playing now :mjlol:

PS5 can, the hardware is there. PS4 should've been able to run PS1, 2, PSP and PS Vita games. PS3? Nah it was different not because Sony said so.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:gucci:What I gotta put it in gun titles or something?

still don't get the point. Putting in a PS3 chip AND PS2 chip would have made the PS4 more expensive. Streaming was the more resourceful option as it allows more devices to use the service. I don't get the angle?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
still don't get the point. Putting in a PS3 chip AND PS2 chip would have made the PS4 more expensive. Streaming was the more resourceful option as it allows more devices to use the service. I don't get the angle?
The angle is y’all say it’s physically and technologically impossible.
Just keep it a buck and admit...backwards compatibility didn’t happen because Sony wanted to resell the same games and provide the rest via a paid subscription model instead of going the MS route which is much more consumer friendly.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Making a PS4 emulator for PC's with proper hardware? You see what he's doing y'all? @Rekkapryde @Kamikaze Revy @-DMP- @The Mad Titan @daze23

You're trying to sleazily change the argument in a deceptive way to make it look like I'm saying that random PC hackers can develop a better PS4 emulator than Sony engineers themselves. No, the argument I'm making and the one that I'm standing by 100% is that a Playstation 4 CANNOT run a PS3 emulator properly even by YOUR own idea of "not very powerful hardware" since that so called "Not powerful hardware" is in reality WAY MORE POWERFUL than the hardware in a PS4. You're trying to switch what I'm saying up to make it look like I'm just saying some crazy shyt like hackers can do a better emulator than Sony themselves everything else all equal. Only dummies will think this is true.
I’m not trying to sleaze anything. The recommended specs are not a powerful computer and there’s plenty of videos all around the web of people playing PS3 games on much lower hardware than what’s recommended. The minimum hardware they listed is around PS4 level. You don’t think Sony could optimize better considering they have the actual code and hardware to test?

They got VR working on PS4 but couldn’t get PS3 to work??

:mjlol:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think it’s an issue talented minds can solve.
Are you gonna answer the question?
Do you think it would take more, or less than 380 million to create the solution?
Talent doesn't matter here. The PS4 is not powerful enough to properly emulate the PS3 through purely software means. The Jaguar cores just don't stack up to SPUs.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not trying to sleaze anything. The recommended specs are not a powerful computer and there’s plenty of videos all around the web of people playing PS3 games on much lower hardware than what’s recommended. The minimum hardware they listed is around PS4 level. You don’t think Sony could optimize better considering they have the actual code and hardware to test?

They got VR working on PS4 but couldn’t get PS3 to work??

:mjlol:
I'm not gonna keep going back and forth with you if you're just gonna play dumb :stopitslime:.

*Spin*

Microsoft is just greedy, they could've made the Xbox one(2013)play native 4K games they just wanted to sell you a more expensive console. There's videos of people playing 4K with less powerful hardware. If some random neck beard can do it so can Microsoft.

You don't think they can patch an update to give you 4K gaming on the original Xbox one? :mjlol:. They won't lose money.

Last edited: